Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone really need a two terabyte PC?

United States
    enough is never enough

especially since I have stuff I run like MAYA

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Administrator

England
    I've got about 1tb, and it's all full!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, geez, do you ever burn anything to disc?

I bet you touch wood everyday not to have a hard-drive crash, eh?

Indeed, enough is never enough. As data gets bigger and bigger and people get lazier and lazier to be bothered with the menial (and rather annoying) task of managing hard-drive space, the hard-drives will just get bigger and bigger. Heck, I'm getting an external HDD for the very purpose of shunting data I don't wanna delete off my editing drive (I also make hard copy backups on discs).

Man ... what I'd do with 1 terrabyte ... never delete anything, most likely!

Undisclosed
    I could totally use that....

I only have like 500 gigs....and Im constantly shuffling around the remaining 5 gigs between harddrives just so I can operate certain things.....

Im always forced to burn things onto CDs and DVDs I got so many Disks that its just messy....

2000 gigs isnt even enough man....I could probally fill that up in two weeks....

Give me 50,000 gigs and then Ill be closer to happy....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!