Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 5x10 "Them" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Of course, that would also create another issue - if they were all slumped together against the door, it would be harder to stage the scene between Maggie/Daryl and Maggie/Sasha in their own quiet little corners, so it makes more sense for them to be in their separate corners where they can get a more comfortable dose of kip. Slouched against a sagging barn door with sweaty pits and arses all around you doesn't sound like a brilliant way to get some shut eye if you ask me!

Also - the door does have a gap between the two halves which is pretty big, so if they were slumped against it, the door would be buckling outwards - and there'd be plenty of room for a passing walker to grab onto someone, or indeed bite them - it could also invite attention and then you've got more trouble on your hands. Better (and safer) to stay away from the door and hide within the bowels of the barn once the walker horde has been swept away.
    I dunno...I'd feel a lot safer near/against the door in case more of them showed up than "oh, I'm gonna lay down & go to sleep now!:

Of course Daryl was standing watch, so maybe not. In any case, the real issue isn't necessarily the sleeping arrangements per se, what I was raising more into question was the smash cut to an abrupt transition with no immediate clues as to what happened, but a close up of a sleeping face waking up, made it seem like maybe it was all a dream at first, & made it a little hard to follow until they went outside, which took me out of the narrative a little.

Minor nitpick. Not a deal breaker. Just saying I'd have liked it handled a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Same rules applies in the comics yet no one ever calls it out for it.
    The virus angle wasn't in the comics. No cause ever established. (At least to the point I've read up to, which is around #16 or so in the graphic novels, so quite a way into it.) So no problem there.

And that's why it should have stayed that way IMO. Once you introduce something like a virus, then it raises all kinds of these questions.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 18-Feb-2015 at 09:48 PM. Reason: .

United States
    ^ What? They are all infected in the book too.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Same rules applies in the comics yet no one ever calls it out for it.
    Oh, I do. I don't like it there either.

I've had to settle for a scenario that perhaps zombie blood doesn't carry the infection, but their bite does somehow? Either way, it remains a bit sloppy.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Oh, I do. I don't like it there either.

I've had to settle for a scenario that perhaps zombie blood doesn't carry the infection, but their bite does somehow? Either way, it remains a bit sloppy.
    I look at it as a fair trade. You have to sacrifice a bit of realism for entertainment purposes. Can't be perfect.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Really didn't get the storm and fallen trees taking all the zombies out so well? Seemed very odd!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Creepiest bit - the kidnapped walker in the car boot ... I love little moments like that as it tells a vivid story in a simple visual (a bit like the decaying deer and the apparent hunter - dead by suicide, it seemed - that Daryl stumbles upon).
    Interesting... I saw "her" as an elderly (dead) relative they couldn't leave behind?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I look at it as a fair trade. You have to sacrifice a bit of realism for entertainment purposes. Can't be perfect.
    Aye. I could nitpick numerous shows/movies/whatever over tiny little aspects - but what would be the point, all I'd end up doing is spoiling the enjoyment of the whole of it for myself.

That far into a zombie apocalypse the fuel in cars should be starting to break down for instance (and therefore become ineffective), but I let that slide.

The cut on Abraham's arm did irk me - I agree that the same effect could have been achieved with a very near miss. Maybe they should have had her cut off part of his 'tache and then he could have been all pissed off that his handlebars were lopsided?

United States
    Abraham would have straight up Eugene'd Sasha if she would have cut the stach haha.

United States
    ^ What? They are all infected in the book too.
    They never even go to the CDC in the comic. All they know is everyone who dies comes back, get bit you die, then come back. Cause: unknown. They know about as much as the survivors did in "Dawn" or "Day" (or "Night", bogus Venus Probe story notwithstanding). As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Really didn't get the storm and fallen trees taking all the zombies out so well? Seemed very odd!
    I'm pretty sure they were pushing a "divine intervention"/miracle (or act of fate that could be interpreted as such) angle . Part of the narrative of the episode was faith lost, faith found, i.e.; the padre, the collar, & the rain.

United States
    I don't see it that way, but respect your opinion. In fact, Kirkman did say he regretted doing that CDC episode for the same reason but it doesn't bother me. We still don't know what caused it and why it's happening.