Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alien film/reboot? - Neill Blomkamp

Ireland
    'Kingdom of Heaven' as a directors cut has something to offer though. Entertaining enough. But, by far and away the worst thing about it is Dark haired Legolas. One of the worst pieces of casting for a film of that type I've seen.

Still not pushed about a new Alien film, xenomorph poster or not.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I'm excited about it. I dug Prometheus.

Scott's work in recent years has been up and down and I've not watched all of them, but Gladiator was excellent, as was Black Hawk Down, as was The Martian. There was also American Gangster which was a pretty good flick, albeit beholden to the usual tropes of the 'rise and fall of a drugs kingpin' story.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well I'm excited about it. I dug Prometheus.

Scott's work in recent years has been up and down and I've not watched all of them, but Gladiator was excellent, as was Black Hawk Down, as was The Martian. There was also American Gangster which was a pretty good flick, albeit beholden to the usual tropes of the 'rise and fall of a drugs kingpin' story.
    Yeah, but Gladiator was 15 years ago and he hasn't matched it since. I blame Prometheus mostly on Damon Lindelof tho, what a shitty writer. I'm just irked by the fact that Scott went along with such a terrible script.

Agreed regarding Orlando Bloom too. Kingdom of Heaven is a fine film except in one regard: Protagonist, who is supposed to be relateable and drive the plot forward, is boring and dull to a degree which ought to be a crime. It certainly is a crime for a veteran filmmaker like Scott.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This thread is the closest I could find for this new bit of Alien news...

Yesterday for “Alien Day”, it was announced that there is now an audio drama of one of the better scripts that were passed up for Alien 3, featuring the talents of Michael Beihn as Corporal Hicks and Lance Henrickson as Bishop!

A clip of the voice performances is available at the following link, as I couldn’t get the SoundCloud/Audible attachment to embed here: https://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...biehn-as-hicks

I’m looking forward to hearing the continuing adventures of Ripley, Newt, Hicks, and Bishop!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh! That is interesting!!

Not only in terms of being a fan of the franchise, but also as a concept - taking unused scripts and crafting audio dramas (or perhaps even animated movies if the right money was there for it) for these kind of 'alternative sequels' to things. That'd be a pretty sweet thing, really, especially when certain films come out and don't quite deliver what the fans wanted.