Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x12 "Remember" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 5x12 "Remember" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 5x12 "Remember" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Episode 512: "Remember" - "The group has a difficult time molding to a new lifestyle, forcing them to consider whether they can be the people they once were."
    Directed by: Greg Nicotero
    Written by: Channing Powell

Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Mar-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Let the games begin!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    There's a new Sheriff in town. Who once was a Sheriff. And is now a Sheriff once again. Yep I like seeing Sheriff Rick Grimes

What the heck is going on with Daryl. I get that he's struggling to adjust but why is the towns people appear so skeptical of him? If they fuck with Daryl, they are fucking with Rick Grimes' brother.

I like how Carol put on an act. She fumbled with her gun like she didn't know how to handle it. Then she portrays herself as the threat less den mother. Smart move.

United States
    I like Carol sandbagging it with acting like her former near useless self. Very interesting thought!

United States
    Loved, loved, loved, just loved this episode!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Being Attacked

United States
    I liked seeing them basially trying to reintigrate with society but they still have all their old habbits.

And im seriously what rick saod at the end of the spisode happens!

Alexandria, down with your walls!

- - - Updated - - -

I liked seeing them basially trying to reintigrate with society but they still have all their old habbits.

And im seriously what rick saod at the end of the spisode happens!

Alexandria, down with your walls!

Super Moderator

UK
    Really dug this episode - a nice change of pace, and scenery, and facial hair!

So weird, but in a good way, to see the face of Season 1 Rick on the body of Season 5 Rick ... having a total man crush after that episode, it has to be said ... if I was gay I'd be chasing that shirtless, beardless Rick Grimes all over Alexandria. That dude's one smoking hot piece of zombie apocalypse ass.

Carol - once again rocking my world - I loved her coy little den mother act, fumbling with the gun, her interview etc ... all dressed up nice and tidy etc. I dug her exchange with Daryl, too - clearly he's going through some serious issues at the moment, both from losing Beth and from a sense of alienation. Alexandria is decidedly not the kind of place Daryl would have been welcome pre-ZA, but it's a place far closer to the prior lives of the others in the group (even though none of them probably ever lived in such a fancy spot). Carol's got her eyes on a swivel, but you can tell she's also totally up for this place working out, but she's being nice and sly and smart about it. Gotta love Carol!

There's something up with Enid ... I wonder if she's related to one of the people who were "banished" ... I wonder if any of the "banished" folks have anything to do with the atrocity at Noah's place ... ooh, lots of juicy potential ways they could go with that, but it'd also be kind of nice to see what a relationship between two awkward teens in this PA world would be like and how their experiences might make things troublesome. They're still teens and they're growing up and discovering life, but they're doing so in super-extraordinary circumstances ... so it'll be interesting to see what they do with that.

Whats'er'name's husband (the guy on the porch) is evidently not a fan of Rick ... hell, a handsome and capable new guy rolls into town and immediately he's getting a tender haircut from his lady ... a chilly reception from that dude. Indeed, Rick's probably got the pick of the ladies of Alexandria ... swanning about with his beard and shirt off. I loved that little bit where Michonne got to see Rick clean shaven for the first time - it's just a tiny little detail, but it says a lot ... I wonder if they'll do something between Rick and Michonne ... I kinda hope they do.

Really interested to see where they go from here!!!

Nit pick mode: Ideally, at least in my view, I'd prefer to have the support beams for the walls on the inside rather than on the outside.

TWD 5x12 Memes:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/...dead-5x12.html

Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Mar-2015 at 04:41 PM.

United States
    Carol is amazing. She really has her shit figured out, doesn't she? Everything about her this episode was great and very fun to see play out.

Daryl clearly isn't fitting in. Gutting the possum on the porch, refusing to bathe, not really staying still, and almost killing Nicholas are all signs of someone refusing to adapt to what life once was.

Who took Rick's gun? Is Enid somehow involved? She seems a bit too suspicious, though.

I love how Carl and Carol both mentioned the potential of becoming weak. It's an interesting topic and pretty realistic for their current situation. How the hell can you go back and play video games after everything that's happened? Crazy to think.

I don't know about you guys but if I'm going on a run I ain't taking Noah, dude can barely walk let alone run. I'll take Rosita anytime. I'll have Sasha on sniper duty.

Great to see Jessie, Ron, Mikey, Olivia, and the others. Pete looks like trouble...

Love the fresh feel of the episode and the direction we're heading. Hopefully the show keeps this momentum. Can't wait to see what's next.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 02-Mar-2015 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Beard
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Carol is amazing. She really has her shit figured out, doesn't she? Everything about her this episode was great and very fun to see play out.

Daryl clearly isn't fitting in. Gutting the possum on the porch, refusing to bathe, not really staying still, and almost killing Nicholas are all signs of someone refusing to adapt to what life once was.

Who took Rick's gun? Is Enid somehow involved? She seems a bit too suspicious, though.

I love how Carl and Carol both mentioned the potential of becoming weak. It's an interesting topic and pretty realistic for their current situation. How the hell can you go back and play video games after everything that's happened? Crazy to think.

I don't know about you guys but if I'm going on a run I ain't taking Noah, dude can barely walk let alone run. I'll take Rosita anytime. I'll have Sasha on sniper duty.

Great to see Jessie, Ron, Mikey, Olivia, and the others. Pete looks like trouble...

Love the fresh feel of the episode and the direction we're heading. Hopefully the show keeps this momentum. Can't wait to see what's next.
    Yeah Moon I'd take Maggie, Rosita and Sasha on all my runs. And plus when I write my letter to Penthouse I can't be accused of race exclusion.

Now if I heard correctly, the reason Alexandria has lasted so long is due to two things. It's self sufficient and the population was minimal due to a massively successful evacuation of Northern Virginia. Less people = less Walkers/bad people etc. I can actually accept that because the place itself doesn't seem very skilled. Playing games with Walkers and as far as we know, no skilled combatants/look outs etc. The Governor and tank crew would have easily taken what has been portrayed.

I think there is more to this place than we've seen. Why would this congress lady so readily allow Rick into her house? The two gay guys walked through the gates with the group. How did they have time to vouch for the group? The lady said herself they haven't opened the gate in a long time(if I correctly recall). Are there more people with skill hiding behind the scenes, similar to Carol? Do they have communications of some sort? They have electricity so CB communication should be available at minimum. Lots of questions. Can't wait to see the answers.

UK
    Two solid, solid episodes in a row. Really enjoyed this and liked all of the new characters especially the one Glenn gave a knuckle sandwich to. I though Mrs Monroe was interesting with just a hint of being a game player so even as a comic book reader I don't have a clue where they are going to go with that part of the story.

I liked how Rick and Carl interacted outside, and how Daryl reacted to the new community. He was a nobody before the apocalypse and he has risen to being a great asset to a group of great people, he is bound to be wary of losing everything. The problem is to a safe haven like this he will look like a dangerous loose cannon so going forward that could be interesting.

Only slight moans for me are, there was not enough Abe, Rosita, Eugene, Maggie and Sasha. The risk is that they get lost in the mix a little (which I doubt will happen) because I thing Abes group still have a lot more to say. Moan number two, that beard should never have been shaved off!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So weird, but in a good way, to see the face of Season 1 Rick on the body of Season 5 Rick ... having a total man crush after that episode, it has to be said ... if I was gay I'd be chasing that shirtless, beardless Rick Grimes all over Alexandria. That dude's one smoking hot piece of zombie apocalypse ass.

Carol - once again rocking my world -
    ^^This

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Loved, loved, loved, just loved this episode!
    Is there any other way to feel about any TWD episode past or future???
    Last edited by triste realtà; 02-Mar-2015 at 10:17 PM. Reason: wtf

United States
    A good episode for sure. I saw what I think could be considered a bit of a spoiler during one of TWD promo adverts. It showed about 10-15 walkers moving through a living room of what looks like one of those houses. I could be wrong, but did anyone else see that?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    The "turn in your weapons" thing was stupid. If you trust them enough to let them into your community, you want them armed for defense. If you don't trust them to be armed, you shouldn't let them into your community. If I'm Rick, no way I'm accepting that rule.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    The "turn in your weapons" thing was stupid. If you trust them enough to let them into your community, you want them armed for defense. If you don't trust them to be armed, you shouldn't let them into your community. If I'm Rick, no way I'm accepting that rule.
    But it’s a rule that applies to every resident of Alexandria and is just one of the many reasons why Carl, Carol and Rick can already see that the people of this community are weak. I imagine Rick saw that they were no threat especially has they still had knives, swords and crossbows. I reckon Team Rick would overpower these lot with just their bare hands. The writers did a good job of showing just how little of a threat this group were and even made us feel at the end that potentially “our heroes” were the bad guys in this scenario.

The congress woman already said that they needed people like Rick to make the community safe. I think the fact they can’t see that walking around (albeit with huge walls) without guns when at any time the walkers and bandits like the termites and Joes group could attack, is evidence of that.

MZ’s observation of the reinforcement poles being on the outside instead of the inside is a good one. Bit of an error that one, especially when a big deal was made of her other half being an architect and being useful!!!

UK
    A top notch episode, I thought.

It really feels like the last two have kicked it up a gear into action. After a
    neccessary spell while the group mourn/suffer for their losses.

Theres certainly a burning undercurrent of tension within Alexandria. It's going
    to be interesting to see how this one pans out.
    A lot of things about the place don't seem to add up and it's creating discord
    with the alexandrians and division amongst the group ..
    intentional or not, who knows??? hmm thought provoking stuff though.

As someone else said, the writers seem to have gone to some lengths to make team
    Rick appear to be the baddies - that little line from Rickster at the end
    WTH? - did not expect that! Maybe they're looking at our group kicking off all
    the bad joo-joo this time??

Thumbs up TWD ... good stuff

Just hope that we don't see a return to the 'revolving door' of baddies.