Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x13 "Forget" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 5x13 "Forget" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 5x13 "Forget" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

"Episode 5.13: Forget - "As Rick and the others continue to acclimate to their new surroundings, they consider a return to normalcy."
    Directed by: David Boyd
    Written by: Corey Reed

Last edited by MinionZombie; 09-Mar-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    at one point in the episode (during the dinner party), did anyone else hear christmas songs or am I off my meds again?

Also, does someone wanna explain that ending?

Really, what the frak just happened?
    Last edited by Cykotic; 09-Mar-2015 at 02:03 AM. Reason: reasons

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    at one point in the episode (during the dinner party), did anyone else hear christmas songs or am I off my meds again?

Also, does someone wanna explain that ending?

Really, what the frak just happened?
    ^ I'm on board with the WTF was that ending!!!!
    Carol......My God. Ed's property/wife is long gone. First "look at the flowers" and now "lies and cookies or become a walker snack"

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I'm also starting to wonder something.... Who is the real threat to Alexandria now?

The Walkers or Rick and the gang

United States
    Carol wtf?? Man, I'm finding this whole situation really interesting. On one hand, Rick is right (The Watchtower really does need 24/7 guarding.) However, on the other, he's wrong. Is he really trying to "take" another man's wife? And that kiss lol talk about awkward. Once again, Aaron is proving why he's pretty awesome. If you can get through to Daryl the way he did you must be special. Daryl has a new bike!

Last week I thought Spencer had been replaced but looks like he's in after all.

RIP Buttons.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Regarding the Rick kiss. I think people are over-thinking it. He's been on the road for years now, lost his wife in a gruesome manner, hasn't had ass in I don't know how long, almost lost his life and his kids life numerous times and has had to make gut wrenching decisions at every turn. I agree, he likes this chick and feels something for her, but I don't think he did it to start something(at that moment anyway), I think he just had a weak moment and had a very vulnerable lust induced moment with everything he's been through. Jessica is the first pure thing Rick has encountered in the closest thing to a real world he has found thus far.
    Think about it, have you ever had a weak moment, maybe when you're drunk or something and made a pass at someone out of lust, someone you shouldn't have made a pass at? It's happened to me and you wish you didn't do it but you still enjoyed that moment, nevertheless and still wished something happened? And it's not like he slipped her the toungue, he kissed her on the cheek. And I'm not making light of it, I'm sure Rick at that moment wished her husband wasn't in the picture, but I'm also sure he knew he slipped up and knew he showed his vulnerability by mistake

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Regarding the Rick kiss. I think people are over-thinking it. He's been on the road for years now, lost his wife in a gruesome manner, hasn't had ass in I don't know how long, almost lost his life and his kids life numerous times and has had to make gut wrenching decisions at every turn. I agree, he likes this chick and feels something for her, but I don't think he did it to start something(at that moment anyway), I think he just had a weak moment and had a very vulnerable lust induced moment with everything he's been through. Jessica is the first pure thing Rick has encountered in the closest thing to a real world he has found thus far.
    Think about it, have you ever had a weak moment, maybe when you're drunk or something and made a pass at someone out of lust, someone you shouldn't have made a pass at? It's happened to me and you wish you didn't do it but you still enjoyed that moment, nevertheless and still wished something happened? And it's not like he slipped her the toungue, he kissed her on the cheek. And I'm not making light of it, I'm sure Rick at that moment wished her husband wasn't in the picture, but I'm also sure he knew he slipped up and knew he showed his vulnerability by mistake
    I agree. I just took it as Rick out of character but not in a badly written way. I was more shocked the way he went for his gun as Jesse and Peter walked on by; an interesting and disturbing callback to Shane.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 09-Mar-2015 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Typo
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    A really interesting episode here from a character stand point - particularly the Aaron/Daryl portion - whereby he found a way to talk to Daryl, get some common ground ... in Alexandria they're both outsiders (albeit Daryl moreso). Indeed, "Buttons" the horse was a metaphor for Daryl and he realised that he can't just keep running, he's got to accept the situation he's in - that even though he'd not traditionally find himself in such a place pre-ZA, here he is and people want him there. Good that he's got a purpose now and they they managed to include Daryl's awkwardness in Alexandria, but in a way that was swiftly dealt with.

In many ways it does feel like Sasha is becoming the new Andrea, and it's going to be Sasha who struggles the most to cope with this new place. In some ways the tower is the right place for her now - just on the outskirts without being surrounded by all this strangeness (and concerns about cooking the right dish for the right person) - but on the other hand it's also potentially a problem by just enabling her troubles with fitting in to the Alexandria way of life. It'll be interesting to see where that goes with her.

Randy Rick totally wants to pork Jessie ... so it seems a Rick/Michonne hook up is unlikely then, which is a bit of a bugger, but at the same time I suppose it makes more sense dramatically for a sort of Rick/Jessie thing (or "thaaang") to go with as it's mixing two different groups together with a sexual yearning, but a Rick vs Pete showdown potentially. To be fair he had had a couple of drinks, and a sexy lady comes walking in holding your baby as if she was her mother, and things are liable to get a bit blurred ... however I think Jessie liked it too. She knows it's wrong, but clearly there's trouble with Pete's drinking, and heck - let's be honest - beardless Rick is 'totes hawt' ... so I'd imagine there'll be some naughtiness going on between those two sometime soon.

As for the ending - it's a strange kind of one stylistically - but I think it's about accepting this new way of life, but that there's danger right there waiting for them ... that it's kind of a mirage in a way and that sooner or later they'll see Alexandria in a different light for whatever reason. They're getting on-side, but the place is at risk ... particularly as they took down a walker with a "W" carved into its forehead (remember the truck load of walker torsos outside Noah's old stomping grounds?)

Something's out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    RIP Buttons.
    If you're a horse on TWD you're gonna have a bad time.

I agree. I just took it as Rick out of character but not in a badly written way. I was more shocked the way he went for his gun as Jesse and Peter walked on by; an interesting and disturbing callback to Shane.
    I disagree - I think what that moment was saying was Rick was questioning his approach, the whole "we'll just take it" attitude (particularly after Daryl - of all people - said he was good with the place now). He'd smuggled out this gun with Carol and now he's thinking "did I/we need to have done this?" ... that's how I read it.

TWD 5x13 Memes:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/...dead-5x13.html

Twitching

United States
    Not really,
    The stamped A being used as a community-identifier obviously has Rick disturbed. Could it be because of the significant number of Walkers they've found with W's on them? There could be absolutely no connection between the A's and the W's, but Rick (and the others) are still leery of this place in a "too good to be true" sense. That uncertainty/unease would have me thinking LONG AND HARD about even a POSSIBLE A & W connection. Especially since I get the sense that the A-stamps have more societal significance for these people than Rick and the others have been lead to believe. Think about it, a kid comes up to you and, in the ingenuous manner of children points out Rick doesn't have a stamp and says he should have one. Rick goes sure, gets stamped. Then the very next morning two of his new neighbors brandish their stamped hands by way of greeting, as if it were the most natural thing in the world for them to do. Wouldn't that creep YOU out in Rick's place.

Plus, with all this talk of insiders and outsiders, there's a certain air of exclusivity bordering on a sort of xenophobia. All in all, were I Rick or any member of his group for that matter, with the awful experiences with Woodbury, the Governor's 2nd "army" and the Terminians behind me, I would be VERY LEERY of this town and of its leader most especially. Her "give-with-a-catch" style reminds me VERY MUCH of Dawn....Oh sure, she talks a better game than Dawn...but didn't the Governor weave a his-shit-doesn't-stink spell with words at first too? As support for my contention as to Rick's line of thinking, look what he told the community leader. "It's people, not Walkers, that are the biggest danger now." Now yes, in context one could say (and be correct in saying) that Rick was speaking of potential invaders at that moment. However, I don't think it too much of a stretch to believe there was a double-meaning to those words. Especially given that Team Rick's mistrust still went far enough to be filching guns from the Armory.

Also, something bothers me about the community leader being so strongly against the citizenry being armed. What Rick told her is true, after all. One explosion that opens up a breach in that wall by some folks up to no good, who also happened to adopt the Governor's Walkers-as-weapons tactic by luring a major herd to the area just as the wall breach was created and that community could have a mass of Walkers inside the walls before they hardly understood they were under attack.

Super Moderator

UK
    A random thing I noticed in the background of one shot in the episode - a street sign with "Morgan" on it.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!?!?!

Joking aside, whether it was intentional or not, I smiled at that ... still wanna know how/when/why/where Morgan will come into it after those couple of teasy teases in 5A.

Ireland
    Yeh, noticed that myself. Though at first I thought it said Negan!

ha ha...

BTW, was it a a "W" or an "M" on the zombie's head. Is a certain somebody possibly trying to communicate something?
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 09-Mar-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: cos I'm brilliant!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yeh, noticed that myself. Though at first I thought it said Negan!

ha ha...

BTW, was it a a "W" or an "M" on the zombie's head. Is a certain somebody possibly trying to communicate something?
    Pretty sure it's a "W" because it mirrored exactly what the Shire Will Estate Walker heads had carved in.

England
    I think the 'A-stamp' reminded Rick of the container they were trapped in at Terminus...

Enjoyed the episode, but where have Tara, Gabriel & Eugene gone?

United States
    Pretty sure it's a "W" because it mirrored exactly what the Shire Will Estate Walker heads had carved in.
    You're probably right but maybe we are reading it wrong. After the Walker fell the camera focused on the carving looking top down and it was an "M"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    You're probably right but maybe we are reading it wrong. After the Walker fell the camera focused on the carving looking top down and it was an "M"
    I wouldn't be surprised my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    I think the 'A-stamp' reminded Rick of the container they were trapped in at Terminus...

Enjoyed the episode, but where have Tara, Gabriel & Eugene gone?
    By the look of the preview....

They play a pretty important role next episode.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 10-Mar-2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: errrrr