Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead Remake Cast Announced

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Day of the Dead Remake Cast Announced

On G4 tv just now.

Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari, Michael Welch, Annalynne McCord, Stark Sands and Nick Cannon

sorry if it is a repost
    Last edited by punkmisfitsguy; 18-Jul-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Mena Suvari? What the ****?

United States
    Wow, can this get any worse???

Undisclosed

Please tell me this is a joke...

If this is the cast all hope is lost. They are all kids?

Day of the Lord of the Flies of the dead!

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    Well maybe I can find some sucker to buy my ticket. I won't pay for this one.

United States
    Ving Rhames is gonna play Capt. Rhodes!?!?!
    Nick Cannon is Salazar!?!

Read this:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/index.ph...article&sid=91

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

Is this going to be a continuation of the YAWN 04' Universe? I hope the zombies aren't runners. I'm holding out hope that someone besides GAR will make a good zombie flick. Let's not kid ourselves, GAR is the best to ever do it, this is literaly HIS genre, but unless you want to wait 15 years for his next zombie movie we have to hope that someone can get the formula right. It's kind of like the N.B.A. I'm a huge fan. Michael Jordan was the best to ever play, but guess what, he's not here anymore. Should I just stop watching all together? Is michael bigger than the game? Is GAR bigger than the genre? I guess that it's a personal question that we all must answer individually. I like many others I will fork over the ten bucks and most likely be disappointed... again. What a cruel joke.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E
    Ving Rhames is gonna play Capt. Rhodes!?!?!
    Well, that certainly is...interesting.

Director Steve Miner’s in Bulgaria right now prepping for the shoot...
    Bulgaria!?

Nick Cannon is playing Salazar, and people are going to see him in a whole new light after this role.
    God, I hope so. Nick Cannon, in his current incarnation, doesn't scream serious, or even reasonably believable actor. I hope I am surprised.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I actually cant wait to see it!!! I have not seen a Universal movie I did not like. My only gripe is that Rhames should not be in both. It just does not make sense to me. As for the others, I dont know any of them by name. If they are, as said, all kids then that does not sound promising (i am of course assuming you mean teens or better, not actuall kids ie under teens). You know if we all chipped in a mear $100,000 a day we could suport a zombie series, or for much less just put it on scifi. Hehe, yeah right.
    Look behind you!!!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoldwarrior
    If they are, as said, all kids then that does not sound promising (i am of course assuming you mean teens or better, not actuall kids ie under teens).
    I don't know if the cast can generally be refered to as kids, but they are currently skewing younger than the original, but who knows what roles some of these people will be playing. Their age may or may not be suitable depending on the film and how it's presented.

We don't know enough about the rest of the cast to say for certain how the general age of the cast will average out, of course.

Rhames is 47
    Stark Sands is age 28
    Suvari is 27
    Cannon is 26
    Annalyne McCord age unknown (assumed mid to late 20s)
    Michael Welch is 19

Compare to the ages of the actors in Day when principal filming was done (ages are approximations based on what info I could get)

Richard Liberty was 54
    Jarlath Conroy was 41 (damn, he looked older than that)
    Gary Klar was 39
    Terry Alexander was 38
    Sherman Howard was 37
    Joseph Pilato was 36
    Lori Cardille was 31
    Ralph Marrero (Rickles) was 28
    Nicotero was 22
    John Amplas (Fisher) was ??? (mid-twenties, I guess)
    Taso Stavrakis (Torrez) ???
    Phil Kellams (Miller) ???
    Anthony Dileo Jr. ???

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    omfg ... this movie DEFINATLEY WILL SUCK. What's with all the MTV hip hoppers?

pfft, it won't be legendary like the original. Like all of these sh*tty remakes, they come out, cause a splash and temporary distraction, then they fade out and p*ss off. That cast list couldn't be more wrong.

Day of the Remake will suck so many balls there won't be any balls left dry on the planet, it's official.

Below 30 are still "kids". Day had adults taking it seriously, DOTR has a bunch of whiney Californian smoothie slurpers that attend trendy parties before getting papped on the way out, they wear excessively trendy clothes and at least half of them are well known (at least in America, I've got fudge all idea who Nick Cannon is, though he looks like a complete wanker who definately doesn't fit a zombie cast in any way possible).

Ack, Day of the Remake can suck my ass and like it, I certainly won't be paying to see it once...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Jul-2006 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dying

Undisclosed

Are y'all nuts?

If we didn't dig the zombie flicks, why are you on this site? I can understand that its not a GAR movie (despite the title, DOTD 04 wasn't GAR but it was good) but jeez...chill. And you will see it, if for no other reason than to have something to kvetch about..

Northern Ireland
    Sorry, I think I'm in the wrong forum... I could have swore this was the Dead Discussion forum, not the whiny little ****ers forum. This post also applies to the Land of the Dead board.

Geophryd, you hit the nail on the head.

Undisclosed
    We have earned the right to bitch. When Zombie films were uncool, we were there. When Zombie films were back in fashion, we were there. When Japanese remakes were in style, we were Zombie Fans.

This is bad news. I was afraid for the Dawn remake, but I ended up liking it. This looks like worse news. Mena Suvari? god help us. That wall-eyed waif can't act. nick Cannon? Do we really need a "pimp my Zombie" movie?

We need movies with ADULTS. Not Infants! GAR is gonna puke when he sees this one.

"We Got this man, we got this by the ass!"

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by punkmisfitsguy
    On G4 tv just now.

Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari, Michael Welch, Annalynne McCord, Stark Sands and Nick Cannon

sorry if it is a repost

Day of the Dead 2k7: it's chock full 'o' Fail.