Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Day of the Dead Remake Cast Announced

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwrtr
    Willem Dafoe. Picture it: Shoot that woman or YOU'RE dead.
    He's the only person I could see playing Rhodes. Nice call!

But I doubt that thxleo will like this idea....that is, if he's seen the Boondock Saints.
    The one scene where he's swaying and dancing to the music, figuring out the crime-scene....classic Dafoe

Dead

Undisclosed

Ving Rhames must go!

Very rarely can you compare to the classics, but its nice to see a DAY with some prospects...how many of you wanted to take a mallet and bang away at your nuts after about ten minutes of Continuem? Enough said.

I think its a mistake to cast Ving Rhames, he's already been in the DAWN remake....but I'm sure the studio and maybe the director too have their eyes on the prize ($$$) and aren't worried about the small details such as Mr. Rhames being in two remakes of two movies that were originally from the same great director a decade apart from one another?

Any idea why they chose Bulgaria/Romania for the filming? Surely there are closer places to film that are cheaper on the wallet than the states. Hopefully we won't see them running around in Cold War-era Soviet uniforms with AK-47s pretending to be Americans.

Overall, it'll be a while before Mr. Romero has another movie going (hopefully not too long) so this remake may hold off the hunger pains until he comes to town again. But, Ving Rhames needs to go! Can anyone suggest a better, younger actor? Maybe we can start a petition?
    Last edited by jim102016; 26-Jul-2006 at 07:20 AM.

United States

Marsellus Rhodes

I think they should write in a scene where Ving Rhames gets bit by a zombie and another guy asks if he is okay. He could then say..."Nah man. I'm pretty ****in' far from okay." Also, how about a scene where he sees a zombie that he has been looking for, like Bub maybe, and he yells "Mutha****a!". Then we could have him get captured by the scientific team in the mine and they anally rape him. That would rock.

Super Moderator

Germany
    Since we have nicknames for movies (Yawn 2K4 et al). I'll throw in a new one for the Day remake....Gay 2K7. And if that is not PC enough, then Ghey 2K7.

(But you know I'm gonna watch it though!)

United States

why

why do they have to make remakes of everything, andwhy do they have to castsuch ****ty actors. *except for ving rhames