Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x14 "Spend" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

England
    Did anybody catch what Aaron said to Glen just before he became lunch? I couldn't make it out....

Awesome episode, I won't even quibble how Eugene got rid of the walkers on his tail, or how Glen teleported from the revolving doors back to the van. Dang - too late.

Fingers crossed Deanna & co have their heads screwed on & that Team Rick don't mess everything up...

Rick's eye was in shadow again on the closing shot (aping the governor's patch).

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Did anybody catch what Aaron said to Glen just before he became lunch? I couldn't make it out....

Awesome episode, I won't even quibble how Eugene got rid of the walkers on his tail, or how Glen teleported from the revolving doors back to the van. Dang - too late.
    1) You mean Noah? He said "don't let go" - which in the non-literal sense meant for Glenn to not let go of the good they've found at Alexandria, of the hope for a better future, the very thing that Noah was relishing the prospect of at the beginning of the episode.

*checks that scene again*

Oh wait, you mean Aiden ... "It was us, the others before, they didn't [pay? ], we did, it was us."

Yeah, what the hell was that one word? It's really annoying when you can't make out one important word, isn't it? Grrr...

Something ominous though, something referencing information that I'm sure will be revealed soon enough ... perhaps it's connected to the "W"/"Wolves" thing?

2) Glenn - there was plenty of time (as another scene happened) for Glenn to push his way out through the revolving doors onto the street (which was now clear thanks to Eugene's Pied Piper routine). As for Eugene, the two walkers that are coming after him specifically are both killed by him - the rest of the walkers are attracted to all the racket going on with Aiden and then at the revolving door, so Eugene's pathway back to the van is clear.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Mar-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadHippo View Post
    as an aside...is it just me or is anyone else getting a Captain Janeway vibe off councillor Deanna?
    Meant to comment on this with a hell yeah, from the very first episode she appeared in. Glad I'm not the only one.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Oh wait, you mean Aiden ... "It was us, the others before, they didn't [pay? ], we did, it was us."
    I think it was panic in reference to the people they lost on a run to that walker in "remember". I read it as him clearing him confessing Nicholas and he cost the people their lives.

Also as an interesting piece of trivia did you know the titles for the last five episodes in this series were taken from the quote Dale said back in "Vatos".

"I like what the father said to the son when he gave him a watch that had been handed down through generations. He said: 'I give you a mausoleum of all hope and desire which will fit your individual needs, no better than it did mine and my father before me. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it. For a moment, now and then, and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it.'"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I think it was panic in reference to the people they lost on a run to that walker in "remember". I read it as him clearing him confessing Nicholas and he cost the people their lives.

Also as an interesting piece of trivia did you know the titles for the last five episodes in this series were taken from the quote Dale said back in "Vatos".
    Yep. This season is like one grand puzzle just waiting for the final pieces to appear so it can be put together and perfectly analyzed. From foreshadowing, to references, to a very important piece displayed right in the opening sequence, S5 is fascinating.

As far as what Aiden told Glenn- I got the jist of what he was trying to say and DayoftheZ just nailed it. Alexandria's people have a code, you get in trouble, you run for your life and leave anyone behind. It was also brought to the forefront during Abraham's fabulous Mother Dick scene.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Um.. yeah - Thanks Minion - my mistake!

That "Vatos" quote thing is great - well spotted DayOfTheZ!

UK
    Um.. yeah - Thanks Minion - my mistake!

That "Vatos" quote thing is great - well spotted DayOfTheZ!
    I saw it somewhere on the internet, I am no where near observant enough to spot that myself!! You are right though it is great and its little things like that that I enjoy.

Tibet
    Closed Captioning is your friend for making out things that you just can't quite hear.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Yep. This season is like one grand puzzle just waiting for the final pieces to appear so it can be put together and perfectly analyzed. From foreshadowing, to references, to a very important piece displayed right in the opening sequence, S5 is fascinating.
    Indeed! Somehow those armless, legless zombies they found are going to be down baking too many cookies!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    Closed Captioning is your friend for making out things that you just can't quite hear.
    Thanks Staredge - that clears things up!

NICHOLAS: "You left her, we both did. That's who we are..."
    AIDEN: "OK it was us, it was us. The others before, they didn't panic. We did, it was us".

As DayOFTheZ pointed out - it likely refers to the people that Aiden & Nicholas talked about losing in "Remember"

Makes me wonder if:

The "her" Nicholas referred to was Emily's mother...
    Also wondering if Sam wanted the gun for Emily. Perhaps Pete is taking his patients examinations too far?

Watching the episode again there are some nice juxtapositions of speeches - Abraham giving the pep talk to the construction crew / cut with Gabriel's 'angel of light' rant.

I just hope Carol doesn't act again unilaterally... Killing Pete would really play into Gabriel's hands.

United States
    Thanks Staredge - that clears things up!

NICHOLAS: "You left her, we both did. That's who we are..."
    AIDEN: "OK it was us, it was us. The others before, they didn't panic. We did, it was us".

As DayOFTheZ pointed out - it likely refers to the people that Aiden & Nicholas talked about losing in "Remember"

Makes me wonder if:

The "her" Nicholas referred to was Emily's mother...
    Also wondering if Sam wanted the gun for Emily. Perhaps Pete is taking his patients examinations too far?

Watching the episode again there are some nice juxtapositions of speeches - Abraham giving the pep talk to the construction crew / cut with Gabriel's 'angel of light' rant.

I just hope Carol doesn't act again unilaterally... Killing Pete would really play into Gabriel's hands.

Who is Emily? Did I miss something?

What are the chances that drunk Pete has to try and save Tara while heavily intoxicated?
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 19-Mar-2015 at 10:32 PM. Reason: S for super
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post

Who is Emily? Did I miss something?
    No you ddn't miss anything - its my addled brain getting names wrong again... I meant to say

Enid not Emily!

United States
    No you ddn't miss anything - its my addled brain getting names wrong again... I meant to say

Enid not Emily!
    Haha all good, man.

Looks like things aren't slowing down again anytime soon....
    A little observation about the preview for this week.

You guys notice there are four graves instead of two as Rick and Deanna stand over them?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Woo! First off, yes, I'm alive and still keeping up with the show.
    Secondly, Knife Party's 'Internet Friends' was used to good effect in this ep, but why would it be playing both times in the van? Does he just have that one track on repeat, or...? Weird, but that's Hollywood for you.
    Thirdly, Gabe... Gabe Gabe Gabe... What are we going to do with you? Big silly...
    Fourth, hell yeah! Abraham, Glenn, and even Eugene kicked some significant ass. Always nice to see.
    All around this was just a really good episode. Looking forward to the next one.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Secondly, Knife Party's 'Internet Friends' was used to good effect in this ep, but why would it be playing both times in the van? Does he just have that one track on repeat, or...? Weird, but that's Hollywood for you.
    It'd be budget reasons - just use the same song twice, particularly as you'd have audience recognition for it from earlier in the episode, rather than paying royalty fees for two songs when, really, it's not strictly necessary.

Moon Knight - indeed! Only two episodes left and I've got viewer jitters ... the tension of it all!!!