Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 5x15 "Try" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I keep looking for a large version of that Crazy Rick smiling image per MZ's new avatar image. I want to see it recolored white face and green hair to see how Jokerish Rick can look.
    Andrew Lincoln, once again, was great in that final scene. Talk about a character evolution. Also, again, Rick isn't Captain America lol, so what if he didn't take out Pete quickly, he still won! And if he really wanted to kill the Doc he would have ended much sooner imo. Just ask Joe.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Can someone clear up the woman they found bound to the tree? Was she suppose to be survivor or a zombie at the time of her being tied up? I was lleft a bit confused there!

And we're still none the wise as to the "W" on some zombies foreheads? (Please no comic book spoilers)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Can someone clear up the woman they found bound to the tree? Was she suppose to be survivor or a zombie at the time of her being tied up? I was lleft a bit confused there!

And we're still none the wise as to the "W" on some zombies foreheads? (Please no comic book spoilers)
    She turned as Daryl lifted her head so I read that as she was alive until these hinted at group got hold of her. I think the fact she was naked hints at what this group did to her before tying her to the tree.

Even as a comic reader I have no clue what the W is all about. I assume this will play out in the finale because they made a big deal out of showing lots of Walkers with carved heads in this episode.

Super Moderator

UK
    Sounds like this episode hit a bit close to home for you, MZ
    Cheeky bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    This show is unique that I can't wait till Sunday's yet dread them at the same time. Losing characters we care about is always possible, especially in finales. But just when you think there is a formula, the writers switch it up. 7 month cliffhangers friggin suck.
    The tension is unreal, isn't it? They're so well known for bluffs, double bluffs, triple bluffs, and even quadruple and quintuple bluffs, that you just don't know what to think. Even announcing who's going to be on Talking Dead gets you wrapped up in a flurry of possibilities and "but what if this means" thinking ... it's enough to turn you loopy.

Clearly a human when she was stripped and tied to the tree to be fed to the walkers for whatever reason (a vile form of punishment?) - hence not moving at all - she just happened to turn when Daryl lifted her head up for a little extra effect. Nefarious deeds ... grim stuff.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Clearly a human when she was stripped and tied to the tree to be fed to the walkers for whatever reason (a vile form of punishment?) - hence not moving at all - she just happened to turn when Daryl lifted her head up for a little extra effect. Nefarious deeds ... grim stuff.
    ...and all this happening seemingly very close to their village. So:-
    a) They're not hearing any of these goings on from the village.
    b) And the bigger question is, are these other people not aware of the village just a stones throw away?

Really am interested in the reason for all this limb chopping off torso stuff! Hoepfully all will be revealed next episode!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The "W" isn't in the books at all so we're all playing the same guessing game. Multiple possibilities but we won't know until the Finale.

Whoever is doing this is getting closer to Alexandria. Daryl and Aaron out on the recruiting mission can't be too far off from home base. I also think that baloon flying off into the open might be a tip off for whoever or whatever is out there dismembering walkers and humans alike.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 24-Mar-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Messy
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    I keep looking for a large version of that Crazy Rick smiling image per MZ's new avatar image. I want to see it recolored white face and green hair to see how Jokerish Rick can look.

Super Moderator

UK
    ...and all this happening seemingly very close to their village. So:-
    a) They're not hearing any of these goings on from the village.
    b) And the bigger question is, are these other people not aware of the village just a stones throw away?

Really am interested in the reason for all this limb chopping off torso stuff! Hoepfully all will be revealed next episode!
    Didn't Daryl go out on his motorbike? I thought that him and Aaron had been out for a while, like overnight at least, and were roaming around (so the distance could be fair) ... we don't have enough to go on yet, so we'll have to wait and see. I cannot wait for Monday to roll around!!!

UK
    Damn, they keep ramping up the tension .... some really good build up going on here.
    Thumbs up to the TWD writers.

Every time I watch this one it stands out to be just how much Rick is turning into
    a mirror image of Shane.
    (Thinking compare what he was saying about looking after Jessie & Sam to Jessie
    with what Shane said about looking after Lori and comparisons to 'who will make it
    in this world')

Ricks speech at the end of this episode could easily have been recited word for word by
    Shane when back at Herschels farm!! Including the 'no more easy living' parts.
    Scary huh?

I hope we get to see some good Morgan before the end and not getting turned
    into crab pathe either.

Theory on the 'W' ......

Maybe it's George 'dubya' Bush .... he's come back as the undead president to lead
    the zombie alliance. Heck, didn't the W even stand for Walker???

Look out USA W's back!!

HAGO, R

PS, The season break is gonna suck.
    Last edited by RichW; 25-Mar-2015 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Cann'e spel

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Damn, they keep ramping up the tension .... some really good build up going on here.
    Thumbs up to the TWD writers.

Every time I watch this one it stands out to be just how much Rick is turning into
    a mirror image of Shane.
    (Thinking compare what he was saying about looking after Jessie & Sam to Jessie
    with what Shane said about looking after Lori and comparisons to 'who will make it
    in this world')

Ricks speech at the end of this episode could easily have been resighted word for word by
    Shane when back at Herschels farm!! Including the 'no more easy living' parts.
    Scary huh?

I hope we get to see some good Morgan before the end and not getting turned
    into crab pathe either.

Theory on the 'W' ......

Maybe it's George 'dubya' Bush .... he's come back as the undead president to lead
    the zombie alliance. Heck, didn't the W even stand for Walker???

Look out USA W's back!!

HAGO, R

PS, The season break is gonna suck.
    At least we get the new spin off series in the summer. And of course Game of Thrones!

Twitching

United States
    An essential problem here:
    There are deep-seated and outright dangerous flaws in both the Alexandrians mindset(s) (individually and collectively) and in their modus operandi. That combination of refusal to face the realities of life post-ZA and their unwritten code about running off and abandoning any comrade(s) who seem to be in danger when Walkers show up is awful enough, but when you add both these factors to the FACT that the Alexandrians are absolutely dogged in their refusal to recognize the need for multifaceted change on their part the entire dynamic becomes unsalvageable.

What do you, as a member of Team Rick do when you're forced to recognize a) These people refuse to change, and b) React by feeling alienated towards anyone who forces them to face that need for change. In other words, the Alexandrians would rather take the simplistic approach of developing antagonism towards Rick & Co, rather than examine what it is about the situation that's caused elements of Team Rick to react so strongly.

I just don't see any viable co-existence being possible. The Alexandrians want to stay safe inside their cowardice-laden bubble of "pragmatic responses", yet they a) Recognize the need for people willing to do things their perspective leaves them unequipped to handle themselves, but b) Hypocritically focus on Team Rick meeting that need, even as they damn Rick & Co for being the kinds of people capable of being useful (as the Alexandrians define usefulness).

There just isn't any room for a meeting of the minds and meaningful compromise. My opinion perhaps, but not I feel one lacking any number of supporting instances confirming said opinion, at least again, IMO.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    At least we get the new spin off series in the summer. And of course Game of Thrones!
    Yes!!! And double yes!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    There are deep-seated and outright dangerous flaws in both the Alexandrians mindset(s) (individually and collectively) and in their modus operandi. That combination of refusal to face the realities of life post-ZA and their unwritten code about running off and abandoning any comrade(s) who seem to be in danger when Walkers show up is awful enough, but when you add both these factors to the FACT that the Alexandrians are absolutely dogged in their refusal to recognize the need for multifaceted change on their part the entire dynamic becomes unsalvageable.

What do you, as a member of Team Rick do when you're forced to recognize a) These people refuse to change, and b) React by feeling alienated towards anyone who forces them to face that need for change. In other words, the Alexandrians would rather take the simplistic approach of developing antagonism towards Rick & Co, rather than examine what it is about the situation that's caused elements of Team Rick to react so strongly.

I just don't see any viable co-existence being possible. The Alexandrians want to stay safe inside their cowardice-laden bubble of "pragmatic responses", yet they a) Recognize the need for people willing to do things their perspective leaves them unequipped to handle themselves, but b) Hypocritically focus on Team Rick meeting that need, even as they damn Rick & Co for being the kinds of people capable of being useful (as the Alexandrians define usefulness).

There just isn't any room for a meeting of the minds and meaningful compromise. My opinion perhaps, but not I feel one lacking any number of supporting instances confirming said opinion, at least again, IMO.
    Nicely put!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post

You bring up a great point. If Deanna wanted the Survivors to intergrate into Alexandria to better strengthen their community, why is she so hesitant to see things their way? She clearly understands everything they have been through and everything they survived through. Just listen to Rick, dammit!

Ok, maybe it's not that easy and especially after that snitch Gabriel and everything with Aiden, things can be a bit cloudy for the congress woman.

She didn't really seem to buy into Nicholas story, though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    You bring up a great point. If Deanna wanted the Survivors to intergrate into Alexandria to better strengthen their community, why is she so hesitant to see things their way? She clearly understands everything they have been through and everything they survived through. Just listen to Rick, dammit!

Ok, maybe it's not that easy and especially after that snitch Gabriel and everything with Aiden, things can be a bit cloudy for the congress woman.

She didn't really seem to buy into Nicholas story, though.
    I think you're right about her not buying Nicholas' story. After all she sided with Glen after he ko'd Aiden. I think she was aware that Aiden and Nicholas were loose cannons but at the end of the day they brought home supplies. Same with Pete. Guy beats his wife but they need a surgeon. As a politician, she has no problem allowing Jesse to take some beatings if it keeps the surgeon around. Pete's a class A prick but for a society to survive and thrive, it would be necessary to have that skill. I'd still kill the fucker though.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I think you're right about her not buying Nicholas' story. After all she sided with Glen after he ko'd Aiden. I think she was aware that Aiden and Nicholas were loose cannons but at the end of the day they brought home supplies. Same with Pete. Guy beats his wife but they need a surgeon. As a politician, she has no problem allowing Jesse to take some beatings if it keeps the surgeon around. Pete's a class A prick but for a society to survive and thrive, it would be necessary to have that skill. I'd still kill the fucker though.
    Yeah, I reckon Deanna doesn't buy Nicholas' story - he's untrustworthy as all get out when he's telling that made-up story, and of course we know the truth.

On the subject of Pete - what would you folks do about him in that scenario?

Exhiling him is too dangerous an option, I'd think - he could team up with people on the outside, from wherever, and take the place back by force ... you've got a safe haven and you're sending people outside with that knowledge to their potential death, but quite possibly a bitter and twisted survival with vengeance written all over it.

However, staying as-is ain't an option either for the sake of Jessie and Sam ... you'd have to insist they live in separate homes far away from each other at the very least, but even then you'd need to make sure that Jessie's house was secure and that everyone knew about Pete so they could all keep an eye on him. Then again, if you need the help of the one surgeon in town and you're on his bad side - do you want to go under his knife? In surgery he'd have to be supervised, and even then he could do something untoward (but then the Alexandrians would have few choices left).

I suppose you could create some kind of jail, a secure building with guards, and lock him up - but for how long - and he'll still likely harbour resentment for the Alexandrians.

Doing nothing is the only option not to take, though.

So - thoughts - what would you folks do with Pete?