Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: X-Files (TV series) - New six episodes

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise when you consider the HUGE cliffhanger we were left with, but Fox has officially announced production on a new season of ten episodes. That's only four more episodes than the last round, but it seems like it's a good compromise for everyone involved that doesn't want to be tied down to 20-ish episode seasons like the original run.

Production begins this summer, so it'll probably premiere next year, or maybe the end of this year.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

10 episodes is a good length, I think. I don't really feel there's much need for the old '24 episodes a year' model, especially with so much choice out there. Far better to get in, tell your story, and get out - avoid all the filler and just crack on.

I was wondering about this just the other day, so properly stoked to hear we're getting more episodes!

crackin' eggs of wisdom bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While it wasn't anywhere near the realm of BAD, I found the Season Eleven premiere to be kind of dull. After the cliffhanger from last season, I was expecting this one to pick it up with a bang, but instead it's more of a slow hum...

Super Moderator

UK
    The Season 11 premiere was surprising in that it's like a prequel of what happened in the Season 10 finale, with those events now being a 'vision' that Scully had of the near future. It was a little tricky to wrap your head around at first, but I got there eventually.

The main issue that seemed to starch shippers' britches, though, was the revelation regarding William's parentage. However, considering Mulder's parentage, it's actually quite in-keeping.

I suppose it was the structure of the episode that kind of throws you a bit. Anyway, I enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to what's to come - especially Darin Morgan's episode! The reviews for the first five episodes seem to be quite strong, too, which is groovy.