Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 (video game)

England
    The side quests seem to have an affect on the relationships you build with your companions not sure about the main quest though. At this stage, im not even sure what the "main" quest is
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    No one else playing this?

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I'd like to play it - but I've not got onto the new generation of hardware yet, and won't for some time yet.

How are you finding it in terms of bugs and glitches etc? I've heard very mixed things - some people barely experience a thing, while others have had game breaking bugs - so strange! Have there been updates for it yet?

United States
    i'm still playing the hell out of it. currently a level 39, did some quests for the railroad and unlocked the ballistic weave mods for clothing, which is pretty cool and essentially lets you ignore the need for power armor.

i was starting to get a bit lost with all the side quests and miscellaneous objectives, and felt i was becoming over-powered compared to all the raiders and occasional sentry-bot...then i picked up the main story again and had to go the glowing sea and ran across all sorts of albino radscorpions, irradiated deathclaws, and swarms of infected bloodbugs who proceeded to put me on my ass. good times.

anyhow, still loving this game. had one afternoon where the frame-rate was dropping to ridiculously low levels and i had to reboot the game, but otherwise it's been a pretty smooth experience.

edit: and as far as i know, there has been at least one patch for the ps4 that supposedly dialed the graphics back a tad to compensate for frame-rate issues, but i've not really noticed any difference.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 22-Dec-2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Oh, I'm playing! I just want to avoid spoilers for the early portion of my first playthrough.

I love the recent entries in the Fallout series and am in heaven exploring and crafting in the Commonwealth

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Got 277 hours invested in this. Level 61.
    Brilliant, brilliant game if you can find the time for 12 hour sessions.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    ^

not sure how many hours i've logged, but i sort of hit a wall and haven't played much of this in the last few weeks. still fun, but open-world games tend to get overwhelming anymore with limited time for gaming. pretty sure i'm at level 42.

on a related note: some good news and bad news about the DLC plans was announced today. the first dlc packs are listed, priced, and given rough release dates. but this is apparently the tip of the iceberg, and with much more to come, bethesda is will be soon raising the price of the season pass.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.
    lucky for me, i knew that i'd be spending loads of time with this and bought the season pass right away, but for those still on the fence, you'd be saving yourself 20 bucks by jumping on the dlc hype-train by march 1st.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/02/16/77
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 16-Feb-2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: dlc....dlc never changes. oh wait....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    ^

not sure how many hours i've logged, but i sort of hit a wall and haven't played much of this in the last few weeks. still fun, but open-world games tend to get overwhelming anymore with limited time for gaming. pretty sure i'm at level 42.

on a related note: some good news and bad news about the DLC plans was announced today. the first dlc packs are listed, priced, and given rough release dates. but this is apparently the tip of the iceberg, and with much more to come, bethesda is will be soon raising the price of the season pass.

lucky for me, i knew that i'd be spending loads of time with this and bought the season pass right away, but for those still on the fence, you'd be saving yourself 20 bucks by jumping on the dlc hype-train by march 1st.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2016/02/16/77
    Damn. They had the season pass for £20 over Christmas as well. I'm going to buy it anyway. Love this game

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    22nd March for the Automatron dlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMY0IETkDrU

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'd love to play this, I just missed the boat when it got released.
    I've decided to wait for a sale. For no other reason than I really don't have time to play this right now.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'd love to play this, I just missed the boat when it got released.
    I've decided to wait for a sale. For no other reason than I really don't have time to play this right now.
    Never played any of the Fallout games... This one is on my Steam wish list, so maybe if it drops in price I'll dive in...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Never played any of the Fallout games... This one is on my Steam wish list, so maybe if it drops in price I'll dive in...
    Neil. It's one of those games where you wonder why on earth you haven't played it before if your into the post apocalyptic genre.
    Its best played in long sittings when you really get immersed in the world.
    It's an RPG first person shooter with other genres thrown in if you want to play it that way.
    Bethesda games are always brilliant if you've got the time to play them.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Neil. It's one of those games where you wonder why on earth you haven't played it before if your into the post apocalyptic genre.
    Its best played in long sittings when you really get immersed in the world.
    It's an RPG first person shooter with other genres thrown in if you want to play it that way.
    Bethesda games are always brilliant if you've got the time to play them.
    So it's OK then
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So it's OK then
    Yes mate.
    Just finished The Witcher 3 and that was on par with Fallout 4. Different game but just as deep and superbly written

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I read that Fallout 4 doesn't have any any skills and that they more or less simplified all dialogue so that all options are more or less the same. Is this true? Doesn't sound like much of an RPG to me if they removed the skills.