Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead - first promo teaser...

Super Moderator

UK
    Images from Fear The Walking Dead:

http://dailydead.com/18-photos-from-...-walking-dead/

A mix of behind the scenes and stuff from the show, including a couple of fresh walkers.

Speaking of "walkers" - I wonder what they'll be called by the characters in FTWD.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Jul-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Administrator

England
    Stiffy!!!

OK... Bad play on words
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Why the contacts? Dead people don't look like that.

Ok sod the contacts

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Stiffy!!!

OK... Bad play on words
    In Neil's mind they should be advertising FTWD thusly: "The zombies will be fitter in this show!"

There's something quite creepy about that walker. In TWD we're into a very ghastly era with the decomposition - although we still get some fresher/fresh ones in the mix when it's appropriate to the story - but here in FTWD they're all going to be fresh, but then again the people might have died in really awful ways, so I don't think we'll be wanting for gore, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Why the contacts? Dead people don't look like that.

When Amy resurrected as a brand new, fresh walker in season one, the actress (Emma Bell) had contacts in.

It'll be part of how the virus affects the bodies after they die. Perhaps not immediately, but not that long after a normal death - IIRC - human eyes go milky as decomposition begins to set in. Plus, from a stand point of helping to differentiate between humans and walkers for the audience, the contacts provide a good 'lost soul' look to them ... those dead eyes can be both sad (Amy) and sinister (junkie chick above).
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Jul-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    A little bit more info on the show:
    http://dailydead.com/comic-con-2015-...dave-erickson/

Particular bits of interest:

Greg Nicotero compares the walker effects we'll see in the first season to what we saw in Night of the Living Dead:

"It sort of in the infancy of happening, so it's more like the opening scene of the Night of the Living Dead, where you see the guy walking through the cemetery. You're like, "Excuse me sir," and then he turns and attacks. It's sort of more that kind of suspense. On Fear The Walking Dead, the world is evolving with us as opposed to us being ahead of it at the start of The Walking Dead."
    A big difference between the two shows is how people react to the threat of walkers, according to Dave Erickson:

"They look, for all intents and purposes, human. Your instinct is not going to be, "That's a zombie, I have to kill it!" It's going to be, "That's my neighbor, that's my friend, that's my colleague who I had coffee with yesterday and something's wrong with them, I want to help them. I'm gonna call 911. I can't get 911 because the circuits are busy".

It becomes this process of discovery. And then when you actually do have to do violence to someone to protect yourself, to protect your family, and you do have to kill, there's an emotional toll, there's a psychological toll."

While AMC hasn't said two much about Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead, beyond the fact that they've already committed to it, Greg Nicotero did have some additional details on filming and an expanded episode count:

"We'll start shooting the first of fifteen episodes for season two sometime in November or December, so I think the plan is to have a zombie TV show on 52 weeks a year. In The Walking Dead we had six episodes for our first season and I think we did twelve or thirteen in our second season."
    So they're already committed to a 2nd season of FTWD with 15 episodes! Hopefully they'll know how to fill them when the time comes.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    When Amy resurrected as a brand new, fresh walker in season one, the actress (Emma Bell) had contacts in.

It'll be part of how the virus affects the bodies after they die. Perhaps not immediately, but not that long after a normal death - IIRC - human eyes go milky as decomposition begins to set in. Plus, from a stand point of helping to differentiate between humans and walkers for the audience, the contacts provide a good 'lost soul' look to them ... those dead eyes can be both sad (Amy) and sinister (junkie chick above).
    I know why they're doing it. It just bugs the crap out of me. Dead people's eyes don't change colour. They dry up in a few hours, but the iris doesn't lose colour like so many zombie films suggest. The eyes become more opaque due to the lack of oxygen, but the amount of melanin in the eye defines the colour, as it does the hair and skin and that doesn't change after death. The cornea dries giving a milky appearance, but brown eyed people are still brown eyed after death.

It's a handy way for filmmakers to make recently dead people look "different" I suppose, but it drives me up the wall. Rather like the instant crazy teeth thing that used to be a fixture in zombie cinema.

Administrator

England
    ^

At least those contacts are fairly subtle.

I hate it the moment someone dies and comes back they've instantly got crazy eyes. eg: Dawn of the Dead remake...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Well, in fairness, that's the least of that films problems.

Super Moderator

UK
    ^

At least those contacts are fairly subtle.

I hate it the moment someone dies and comes back they've instantly got crazy eyes. eg: Dawn of the Dead remake...
    Well, in fairness, that's the least of that films problems.

Yup.

Not as awful as that Day of the Dead 'remake' from 2008. You know, the one with the insta-rot ceiling crawlers ... geeeeeeeeeeeez!

England
    Couldn't changes to the iris pigmentation be a side effect of the virus, in a similar way to how it slows down the rate of decay to flesh?

Does a zombie's pupil show the same contraction response to light, or does it stay dilated?

If only we could consult Dr. Logan

Ireland
    Well, yeh, the contacts could be a side effect of the virus, like wanting to eat people. That's why the producers are using it I reckon and that's grand. But it pops up too often in zombie films.

The reason is obvious. Recently dead people don't look that scary. So, there has to be something done to make them look more freaky.

I just find that it bugs me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Yup.

Not as awful as that Day of the Dead 'remake' from 2008. You know, the one with the insta-rot ceiling crawlers ... geeeeeeeeeeeez!

Oh jesus...don't remind me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh jesus...don't remind me.
    So you don't want to see this?

Or remember that it also featured a vegetarian zombie called Bud?

Gee, I can't think why you'd wanna forget it ever happened...

Administrator

England
    ^^ I'd have loved to have been in the meeting where they decided zombies climbing along ceiling tiles made sense, and would be great in a film. Christ the drink and drugs must have been epic!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    ^^ I'd have loved to have been in the meeting where they decided zombies climbing along ceiling tiles made sense, and would be great in a film. Christ the drink and drugs must have been epic!
    Ha! I bet! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when that bit slimed it's way by my peepers ... just staggeringly awful.

There may be a hell of a lot of zombie stuff out there, and therefore an increased amount of garbage, but we're truly in a golden age of the genre. When we can debate about the use of contact lenses, or whether Rosita's costume during that one episode was really any use in the apocalypse, we can consider ourselves lucky. Remember those dark days when the best you got was a movie of Resident Evil? *shudders*

Truly, what a time to be a zombie fan!

One awesome zombie show - that's massively successful - and now, hopefully, fingers crossed, a second one (that's already guaranteed a second season)? How good is this?

Ireland
    There's still waaaay too much shite being made though.