Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead - first promo teaser...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    There's still waaaay too much shite being made though.
    Oh yeah, no doubt about that ... and not even of the 'so bad it's good' variety of shite, either.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So you don't want to see this?

Or remember that it also featured a vegetarian zombie called Bud?

Gee, I can't think why you'd wanna forget it ever happened...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Back to the topic at hand - here's some more FTWD cast pics:

http://dailydead.com/new-fear-the-walking-dead-images/

Super Moderator

UK
    Another teaser - this one's pretty groovy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpYjDMmqAz8

England
    So this show will only be available on AMC Global in the UK which is going to be on the BT tv platform. Not Sky or Virgin.
    They're just asking for people to download it by making decisions like that. Who is going to go to the trouble of changing their media provider for one show?
    I'd understand if you had to pay extra for the Global channel on your existing platform but to change providers is a whole load of hassle. Not gonna happen in this household.
    Download it is then
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    So this show will only be available on AMC Global in the UK which is going to be on the BT tv platform. Not Sky or Virgin.
    They're just asking for people to download it by making decisions like that. Who is going to go to the trouble of changing their media provider for one show?
    I'd understand if you had to pay extra for the Global channel on your existing platform but to change providers is a whole load of hassle. Not gonna happen in this household.
    Download it is then
    ...Do what?

It's only on BT in the UK? WTF?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Yep.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s135/...pkj3sK8oh71dBi

Once again the tv exec's are getting greedy without any concern for the viewer.
    Why it isn't distributed by Fox International like TWD is ridiculous. AMC clearly want to get a foothold in foreign markets by launching a "Global" channel by the looks of it and BT are throwing money around like it's going out of fashion.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    ^^ Ho-hum... Guess what I'll be doing then
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    That's a really, really dumb business decision.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, that's rather duff for the millions of TWD (and therefore prospective FTWD) fans here in the UK who don't have BT (like you all, I don't either).

A long-term business decision - getting a foothold in the UK with BT, from what you guys are saying, willing to pay over the odds to get something to tempt in new subscribers (is Fox available on BT - therefore TWD?) ... but in the meantime any non-BT-subscribing TWD fans are scuppered.

If they really want to roll out AMC globally, why not go all out and pimp it on Sky and Virgin as well?

United States
    Wow!!! I love the new time lapse teaser/commercial for Fear. I think this may be a great addition.

England
    First reviews. Not very positive

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...810-story.html

Yet the 90-minute premiere for "Fear the Walking Dead," the eagerly anticipated offshoot of AMC's megahit, initially feels too much like a snore, narrowly following a single, not-terribly-interesting family, and leaning heavily on musical cues to stoke a sense of suspense. A second episode begins to propel the story forward, thankfully, but for starters, anyway, it's more a snack than a feast.
    http://www.indiewire.com/article/rev...ickly-20150805

It's neither as original or relevant, and it certainly failed to break free of any formal restrictions. Perhaps most importantly, though, the new series lacks a beating heart — even a black one. When civilization ends, it may end fast. But by moving too quickly through rich dramatic territory and doing so without much action, "Fear the Walking Dead" doesn't seem to get why anyone would care.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm ... I'll see for myself, I do wonder if there might be an element of the critics just being arsey (does anyone know what they think of TWD itself?) particularly in that second article ... but who knows, it could be disappointing.

Modest expectations are always the best thing, but I don't really know what to expect of FTWD anyway (even with the trailer and SDCC panel), so I'm going in fairly fresh. We'll see ... we'll see.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Aug-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Ireland
    Damning the whole thing based on two episodes? WTF?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Damning the whole thing based on two episodes? WTF?
    Sometimes critics just like to cause a great big stink. Time will tell with FTWD, but just look at the laughably over-the-top slamming of True Detective Season 2!