Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead - first promo teaser...

Administrator

England
    It is going to be nice to the initial outbreak again to visit that "unique time" again... ie: Seeing a period akin the first hour or so of Dawn of the Dead...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye. I'd prefer something more conceptual - like here for FTWD - rather than the usual "let's just smash a bunch of promo single shots into one photoshop mish-mash where the eyelines are all over the place" type deeley. It's curious, because they've had excellent promo art in the past for TWD - such as seasons 1 and 3 (the recreation of the comic lineup, as well as the compare/contrast version ... and then the one for season 3 with Rick with his massive gun out on top of a bus).
    I don't think it's the "official" season 6 poster but more of the lines of the promo banner for Comic Con.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I don't think it's the "official" season 6 poster but more of the lines of the promo banner for Comic Con.
    Aye, but even still, the ones I mentioned above were used at Comic-Con as well.

In general I wish we could get away from all this 'photoshop a bunch of single promo shots together' rubbish that we see everywhere.

Super Moderator

UK
    Another teasy teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1bIlHWIbac

And a short behind the scenes video with some of the cast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPMmDsikL1k

Both videos are re-uploads so everyone can see them (take the hint already, AMC - unlock your damn videos!).

United States
    unnamed (2).jpg

This is better.

edit: If someone can make this bigger that would be great.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 07-Jul-2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: error
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK

Best to use the [img] tags.

United States
    Im looking forward to Fear. Nice way to bridge the gap. I think one of the opening shots should be Dales RV getting on an Interstate and heading East. Nice way to tie the shows together and pay homage to a season 1 original.

Super Moderator

UK
    Two more teasers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8m_nI3TXQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSMVhz-Zidw

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I think one of the opening shots should be Dales RV getting on an Interstate and heading East. Nice way to tie the shows together and pay homage to a season 1 original.
    hehe, I like that idea.

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll have to give it another spin or two, but just on first look I dug what I saw. Hopefully the full show lives up to it's big brother.

UK
    Looks great and should be different enough from The Walking Dead, but with that same quality to be watchable.

I am a bit disappointed that its a BT exclusive in the UK so I am going to have to find an alternative way of watching it.

United States
    I like it! Kind of weird seeing all the "fresh" Walkers walking around. Dig the cast too.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It is going to be nice to the initial outbreak again to visit that "unique time" again... ie: Seeing a period akin the first hour or so of Dawn of the Dead...
    Agreed.
    Maybe throw in a few stories from WWZ and approaching it from that sort of geopolitical perspective would be fantastic
    Last edited by kidgloves; 13-Jul-2015 at 12:35 AM. Reason: T
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Agreed.
    Maybe throw in a few stories from WWZ and approaching it from that sort of geopolitical perspective would be fantastic
    Umm... Don't think Max Brooks would be too impressed with that

Although I suspect he'd appreciate actually seeing any of his material reaching the screen in some shape or form - Which of course hasn't happened yet
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan