Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD: Season 6 anticipation thread...

United States
    Wow, freakin' amazing! Gimple has gone on and said that the first 3 episodes are going to be insane. FIRST. 3. EPISODES.

We are in for a Walker treat. Some of the Walkers look marvelous.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Yeah, that trailer was tits. This, plus FTWD's killer trailer, have me ready for some extended gooey sweetness this year.
    And did someone say longer premiere? Is this a confirmed thing, or was someone just wishing/hoping their pleas would be heard by the Gawds of Gore?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    And did someone say longer premiere?
    90mins...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    1st few seconds MZ.

https://youtu.be/imePf8SWPl4
    Ah, that bit wasn't in the copy I saw on YouTube yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Wow, freakin' amazing! Gimple has gone on and said that the first 3 episodes are going to be insane. FIRST. 3. EPISODES.
    Giving me groovy vibes of Season 5 - remember how crazy those first three were? Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    90mins...
    Well, a 90 minute slot - the actual running time of the episode without adverts/commercials will be more like 65-75 minutes going on previous instances. Still though, it's very welcome, and to be fair the usual episodes are in a 60 minute slot with an actual running time of 43 minutes ... so ... *hand rubbing* time.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Jul-2015 at 10:34 AM.

United States
    Minion, I was thinking exactly that; the mirroring of the first three episodes from season 5 but on a larger scale throughout. (Episode 2 was a nice transition going from the explosive first episode to the intense third episode.)

And now for the adaptation from the book it looks like it's based off.

"No Way Out"! I didn't think they would open with this but damn judging by the sheer amount of Walkers inside Alexandria I have no doubt it is.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Well, a 90 minute slot - the actual running time of the episode without adverts/commercials will be more like 65-75 minutes going on previous instances. Still though, it's very welcome, and to be fair the usual episodes are in a 60 minute slot with an actual running time of 43 minutes ... so ... *hand rubbing* time.
    True...

But still longer than a regular episode
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    This first episode could well encompass issues 79-84.

Super Moderator

UK
    A handful of gnarly walker photos!

http://dailydead.com/new-walker-phot...dead-season-6/

Excited!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A handful of gnarly walker photos!

http://dailydead.com/new-walker-phot...dead-season-6/

Excited!!!
    W T F ? - http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uplo...alker-06-b.jpg
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    haha, yeah, that's a pretty gnarly one there - I wonder how it got it's intestines tangled around that tree. Maybe got a little bit hooked on, stumbled around, and before it knew what had happened it was fully knotted-in.

It's also interesting to look at the skin of the thing - that deep burgundy colour looks properly rank. Looks like a walker that's been around for a long time (and exposed to the elements). GRUESOME!

By comparison the fresh ones in Fear The Walking Dead look like catwalk models. Joking aside, it'll be cool to have a different vibe in FTWD - what with it being so early in the outbreak - but at the same time I'm thrilled every season by what KNB do to advance the walkers, both in terms of inventiveness and decay.

*update*

In case anyone's interested, Monday's episode of the WTF Podcast featured Robert Kirkman. It's a good listen for Kirkman fans covering more than just TWD.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod..._bob_fingerman
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Jul-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Ireland
    One thing this series is doing, regardless of where one stands on its quality, is showcasing some of the best gore effects that I have ever seen in anything. There's some truly remarkable stuff being put on screen.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    One thing this series is doing, regardless of where one stands on its quality, is showcasing some of the best gore effects that I have ever seen in anything. There's some truly remarkable stuff being put on screen.
    The leaps and bounds in zombie make-up over the course of the series has been remarkable - and entertaining to watch ... and just think of how the zombies looked in Land of the Dead, versus how they're done now. I'm not saying they were bad in Land of the Dead - far from it - but there was definitely a different outlook on them in Land. In Land there was a lot of overtly fucked up teeth (what kind of teeth did these people have as living humans?!) and the cheeks/brow were very bulky.

Another thing we often get is casting to be a zombie in TWD - oftentimes they get very thin people, or people with faces/heads that are a particular shape (maybe they have a small nose, or a more recessed mouth) upon which they can build and 'take away' so it looks like the lips have all rotted away and the teeth are exposed underneath.

Medically there's some nice (but very gruesome) touches, such as in that walker with it's guts tangled around the tree - I said before, but that deep burgundy discolouration to the skin is like what happens in real late-stage decomposition IIRC ... so it's accurately horrific, which makes them even more ghastly!

Annnnnnd - they're practical - yes there's CGI, but only when necessary, and usually the CGI is well used.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I still haven't finished the last half of the previous season. Kinda lost interest after awhile and just haven't even cared. The trailer is decent though. I see they made it to Alexandria, as well. I guess I have to catch up within the next few months.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I still haven't finished the last half of the previous season. Kinda lost interest after awhile and just haven't even cared. The trailer is decent though. I see they made it to Alexandria, as well. I guess I have to catch up within the next few months.
    The back half of season 5 was great. But, if you lost interest in season 5 then you must not like the series anymore. Oh well, I for one love the series and is grateful a dead series of this quality even exist.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    The back half of season 5 was great. But, if you lost interest in season 5 then you must not like the series anymore. Oh well, I for one love the series and is grateful a dead series of this quality even exist.
    No, I still like the series, it just kinda lost its "immediate viewing" urgency. Its still a great show and definitely what we dead fans wanted for years, but it became a bit repetitive and aside from the pilot episode, has never really lived up to Kirkman's comic series. Its more of one of those "I'll catch up later" kind of shows.