Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TWD: Season 6 anticipation thread...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Man, I really hope Sasha gets killed this season.
    I remember thinking the same thing about Carol in Season 2. We should all be happy I'm not the showrunner.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm looking forward to exploring more of the Alexandria arc. It's already a bit different from the comic, which can be a good thing, but I like the direction its headed. With the split factions of our group, Rick's sort of hardcore mentality, Morgan being more careful with human life, etc. Roll on October 11th...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    I remember thinking the same thing about Carol in Season 2. We should all be happy I'm not the showrunner.
    Sasha has already taken someone else's spot from the comics. I never had an issue with Carol though. Just not a fan of Tyreese's sister and her current character status.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm looking forward to exploring more of the Alexandria arc. It's already a bit different from the comic, which can be a good thing, but I like the direction its headed. With the split factions of our group, Rick's sort of hardcore mentality, Morgan being more careful with human life, etc. Roll on October 11th...
    Ah, you've caught up on the back half of Season 5?

There's lots of juicy stuff to potentially dig into for Season 6, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Sasha has already taken someone else's spot from the comics. I never had an issue with Carol though. Just not a fan of Tyreese's sister and her current character status.
    Carol's been a sneaky one, sliding about in the shadows and the background for a while, then showing a little of the strength coming out in Season 3, and then WHAM - SEASON 4 Carol comes along in full-blown awesome mode. She was a relatively minor character in the comics, but she's been wonderfully written - and superbly performed - in the show. On the other hand Andrea was kind of messed up in a hit-and-miss mixed bag.

As for Sasha ... I suppose the PTSD angle can be a tricky one. How she feels as a character inside versus us viewers sitting very comfortably on our sofas. It can be harder to relate, perhaps. I guess we viewers want to see capable people as a kind of fantasy, but at the same time it's good that we've got other characters who are struggling as that would be the case if such an event ever happened. There'd be those who dealt with it very well, and others who crumbled, and others who might experience something along the way and it can break them - poor old Sasha's lost Bob and Tyreese in a short space of time, and there was the whole mess at the hospital, and of course the whole disaster with Terminus. It's an awfully heavy burden to place on someone's mind, body, and soul.

This all said, I hope Sasha can find some peace and resilience to help pull her out of her woes and re-align her sights. For one thing she's a bloody good shot and Team Rick needs her.

Administrator

England
    The first episode is on quite late in the UK, 11:15pm. Length 1hr 20mins...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The first episode is on quite late in the UK, 11:15pm. Length 1hr 20mins...
    Radio Times & Sky have it down at 9pm followed by the Talking Dead & then a re-run of the episode.

120mins - lovely!

Netherlands
    Those '90 minute episodes' are including a good 15 to 20 minutes of commercials. It still leaves us with an episode of a good hour, but I kinda hate it that they say it's a 90 minute episode.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Those '90 minute episodes' are including a good 15 to 20 minutes of commercials. It still leaves us with an episode of a good hour, but I kinda hate it that they say it's a 90 minute episode.
    That always bugs me - "a 90 minute premiere!" ... no, a 90 minute time slot including adverts ... I'd imagine the actual episode length will be something like 65 to 70 minutes, which is still most welcome as the usual running time is 43 or 44 minutes (in a 60 minute time slot).

I'm surprised it's taken this long to get The Talking Dead into other territories. I dig that show. It really helps to flag up some important stuff and get some perspective on the writing and acting choices, as well as explain any little bits that might have been confusing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Radio Times & Sky have it down at 9pm followed by the Talking Dead & then a re-run of the episode.

120mins - lovely!
    Wonder if earlier version = cut?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Wonder if earlier version = cut?
    If it's at 9pm and features strong gore in the first half hour/hour, then chances are yes. It's bloody stupid, quite frankly. They're sticking it on at 9pm to get a wider audience, but when they used to put it on at 10pm it was fully uncut.

You'd have to wait until the later showing on Fox and not the Fox+1 showing, as +1 is just a delayed repeat (i.e. I doubt they'd replace the cut version with the uncut version).

It's strange really. It's shown at the same time (or earlier!) in America uncut and is, what, TV-14/TV-MA? Here in the UK it's rated 18 due to the graphic violence and is cut in the 9pm slot. This is why I don't watch it in that time slot, and the uncut showing (not that they tell you it's uncut, btw) ends up being too late in the schedule for most people being that it's a Monday night.

United States
    Enjoying the hell out of the marathon. 04-08 is a powerful episode. Can't believe how graphic they went with Hershel's death. Little unsatisfied with the Govs death. Michonne needed to say something to that piece of shit. If anyone deserved to be eaten alive its that jackass.