Thread: Jeff Rice, author of Kolchak: The Night Stalker died. 7/1/15

Undisclosed

Jeff Rice, author of Kolchak: The Night Stalker died. 7/1/15

What can I say, I was and still am a huge Night Stalker fan since first watching the two Made for TV movies and the series as a teen in the 70's. While Darren McGavin was the heart of the show, Jeff Rice was the father who bought an amusing touch of journalistic cynicism to the Horror genre. Shamefully, this is the only book I'd read by the man himself, but it was a brisk fun read and nothing to be ashamed of.

http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2015/07/blog-post.html

United States
    Awwww, and I'm surprised I didn't already hear about it from my sister, who is a huge fan. We used to watch them as a kid, and the doppleganger one where he hugged and crushed you was the scariest to me, because he could look like a loved one.
    Spookeh!!!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Awwww, and I'm surprised I didn't already hear about it from my sister, who is a huge fan. We used to watch them as a kid, and the doppleganger one where he hugged and crushed you was the scariest to me, because he could look like a loved one.
    Spookeh!!!
    Horror in The Heights, with guest star Phil Silvers, was one of those episodes which confirmed my growing interest in folklore and mythology. After it aired I immediately tracked down everything I could find which mentioned the Rakshasa of Hindu myth. And our sweet Miss Emily, what a fun character.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    Horror in The Heights, with guest star Phil Silvers, was one of those episodes which confirmed my growing interest in folklore and mythology. After it aired I immediately tracked down everything I could find which mentioned the Rakshasa of Hindu myth. And our sweet Miss Emily, what a fun character.
    I am one of the biggest kolchak fans on planet earth. My favorite ep is easily "The Knightly Murders"the performance of John Dehner alone is amazing. "Do you intuit my meaning?"

I watch Kolchak every single friday night, either one of the episodes or the movies- both of which are really, really good. To say the least...

Kolchak, like Logan's Run (the movie and the tv show), is something i never get tired.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I am one of the biggest kolchak fans on planet earth. My favorite ep is easily "The Knightly Murders"the performance of John Dehner alone is amazing. "Do you intuit my meaning?"

I watch Kolchak every single friday night, either one of the episodes or the movies- both of which are really, really good. To say the least...

Kolchak, like Logan's Run (the movie and the tv show), is something i never get tired.
    I love that show & Darren McGavin. One of my dad's favorites. I started brushing up on it again on Netflix.

England
    Show was a huge inspiration for Chris Carters "X-Files"

Great show, sad loss!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon