Thread: DotD remake.

Latvia

DotD remake.

Has anyone heard anything about this upcomming remake? I can't find anything.

Administrator

England
    Day of the Dead? Not heard anything for a while. eg:- http://screenrant.com/day-of-the-dead-remake-2014/

Maybe this will help in the meantime?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYheVAeOicA
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Day of the Dead? Not heard anything for a while. eg:- http://screenrant.com/day-of-the-dead-remake-2014/
    Hopefully this'll sink forever more ... I mean geez, leave it alone already! I'd much rather see - realistically speaking - an animated version of the original version of the script (think along the lines of these animated feature films of famous comic books), featuring the surviving cast members of Day '85 do the voice work. We'll never see it live action, but perhaps we could one day have an animated version of Romero's original Day script? Even better if it was directed by Romero himself. How cool would that be?! A little daydream from a fan, it may be ... but just think how nifty that'd be.

United States
    I have not heard any noise about the latest attempt at a remake, but in a way I think that is for the best. The last offering was just plain terrible.

A cartoon seems like an interesting idea, I would love to see that with very dark and stylized artwork if most of the surviving cast could return for that effort.

Instead I would rather we leave great titles alone and focus on creating new stories, and themes... I think Mr. Romero caught lightning in a bottle with his first three zombie offerings and his subsequent efforts were hit or miss. Mainly miss for most really.

Let new writers, directors, and actors forge ahead and see who can pick up the standard and carry the Zombie film into the next era.

United States
    I don't think it's fair to refer to the first remake as a remake. It was a cheap cash in by Taurus Entertainment.

A respectable remake, perhaps with the original script, could work out. Just leave Taurus out of it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I think Mr. Romero caught lightning in a bottle with his first three zombie offerings and his subsequent efforts were hit or miss. Mainly miss for most really.

Let new writers, directors, and actors forge ahead and see who can pick up the standard and carry the Zombie film into the next era.
    I agree... A bit like Lucas with Star Wars. I do have the feeling (with Lucas) the first three films were a result of the group involved, rather than him personally... If only because of what happened with the rest of his films/sequels!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I agree... A bit like Lucas with Star Wars. I do have the feeling (with Lucas) the first three films were a result of the group involved, rather than him personally... If only because of what happened with the rest of his films/sequels!
    Not to mention magic of filming in Pittsburgh as opposed to Canada...I think that really changed the vibe...