Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead 1x01 episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yes, that would be a very good idea. It would be excellent to see a large number of zombies corralled in a big hospital basement break out and cause havoc, allowing local control to be lost.
    And this would be how the world would start to crumble. A little loss of control here, a bit there, a forgotten basement full of walkers that haven't been put down in time, etc etc. Random people who die in their sleep/whatever killing every occupant of the home - so there'd be random homes full of walkers dotted around - might there be an ajar door? Might someone visit and let themselves in? Might the walkers get out and start roaming around biting folks? All these 'unsupervised' corners of the world where it's going un-noticed.

The authorities would know that anyone who dies becomes one, but at the same time they desperately want to keep public knowledge of it contained/non-existant to prevent chaos and panic ... but that in-turn works against them in certain ways. When you really start thinking about it - it's scary!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 29-Aug-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I'm thinking the family are there in A and E because of a crash, they are interviewed by a cop or there with friends and staff when the news breaks out on GNN or Zox news that the government are taking people they claim to be dead and locking them away. The already crowded hospital surges, visiting relatives, staff and healthier patients breach the quarantine zones and 'off limits' areas thinking they can help or liberate the afflicted but unleashing walkers who swarm the hospital breaking into operation theaters, children wards, maternity wards etc creating chaos.
    The building is surrounded, soldiers go in and shoot everyone but then they are overrun by both the walkers and people fighting to get in there giving the family a avenue of escape.
    Later that day GNN reports that there was a terrorist incidents at their own network and at the hospital, while Zox tells people the dead are rising before it's cut off.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 29-Aug-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: what do you care?

Just been bitten

Scotland
    I watched this again last night and there are a few little things we might have not noticed, or mistaken the context on first viewing.

when Travis goes in to the church and startles the junkie hiding behind the door, the junkie yells don't kill me, don't kill me! And then he shoots off never to be seen again.
    I reckon this junkie thought Travis was part of the police/military that cleared the 3 walkers (we know of) that should have been stumbling around there when Travis was shouting and looking in every room.

I also spotted another thing when Nick was leaving the hospital. If you look on the bottom right monitor on the bank of four, you will see two people hurriedly pushing the gurney down the corridor with the dead person covered with a sheet.

Watching it from this new perspective definitely added a sense of dread to the viewing.

Edit:

I must add that I am going to love this series. I hope they don't rush it.
    Last edited by MagicMoonMonkey; 29-Aug-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: additional comment

Super Moderator

UK
    Good spots there MMM.

I'd initially thought of the guy Travis encounters in the church as being afraid of the walkers - but your theory makes more sense, and is even more chilling!

I'll have to re-watch that scene where Nick escapes for the monitors. Some crafty little details, little breadcrumbs, being left around for us to find and grab on to ... noiiice.

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMoonMonkey View Post

I also spotted another thing when Nick was leaving the hospital. If you look on the bottom right monitor on the bank of four, you will see two people hurriedly pushing the gurney down the corridor with the dead person covered with a sheet.
    Maybe they have a room labeled "DON'T OPEN DEAD INSIDE" too!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I think I was taken back at first, I didn't realize that the show would centre on a family (drama). Someone said the first half felt like The Fosters LOL. The second half of the episode was definitely a lot stronger. I felt the pacing was a bit off for the 90 min pilot, it felt slow at times and could have been 20 min shorter.

Regardless I enjoyed it enough to keep watching... and hoping the angsty teenage melodrama kept to a minimum. I did enjoy all the red herrings, keeping up the suspense of when the next zombie would appear. Also, I'm not getting attached to any characters (someone's gonna end up dead by end of season).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by anthone572 View Post
    I think I was taken back at first, I didn't realize that the show would centre on a family (drama). Someone said the first half felt like The Fosters LOL. The second half of the episode was definitely a lot stronger. I felt the pacing was a bit off for the 90 min pilot, it felt slow at times and could have been 20 min shorter.

Regardless I enjoyed it enough to keep watching... and hoping the angsty teenage melodrama kept to a minimum. I did enjoy all the red herrings, keeping up the suspense of when the next zombie would appear. Also, I'm not getting attached to any characters (someone's gonna end up dead by end of season).
    I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Travis or Madison won't be back for season 2.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Travis or Madison won't be back for season 2.
    Travis on the surface seems a little too nice to survive what's about to been thrown at them (but I'm rooting for him cuz I like him!)...Madison on the other hand...I can picture her turning cold and calculating...kinda fun to imagine her in the upcoming seasons as being able to execute anyone that comes between her and her family...

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Yeah, I would predict Travis to be gone in season 1... he's got the least amount of character growth IMO. I wonder if they will introduce new characters this season... it seems likely.

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by anthone572 View Post
    Yeah, I would predict Travis to be gone in season 1... he's got the least amount of character growth IMO. I wonder if they will introduce new characters this season... it seems likely.
    Ruben Blades and his wife and daughter are still to be introduced. either tonight or next episode and looking from the previews there are a whole host of minor characters but who knows if any get to stick around longer than 5 minutes...

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, last week's 1st episode was a suitably staged slow burn, so I'm hoping they can keep dangling properly tantalizing and slowly escalating bits out for our viewing pleasure till all hell breaks loose mid to late season. Hopefully they can manage the pacing, but I know it will be challenging for them. It's a lot of fun to have something in the vein of TWD, without too much of the storyline/expectation baggage that series readers have to contend with.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany