Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead on a Plane...

Super Moderator

UK

Walking Dead on a Plane...

*Insert Samuel L. Jackson quote here*

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28...g-dead-airline

EW has exclusively learned AMC is producing a half-hour special that will tell a stand-alone story following a group of passengers facing a walker attack on an airline while in flight. One character who survives that encounter will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead in season 2. So, yes: Zombies on a Plane.

Previously, AMC has had stand-alone The Walking Dead online web series, but the network never used such content to introduce a new character before they joined the show. The airline attack story will debut online, and will unfold this in chapters that will air during Walking Dead’s on-air telecasts. In other words: You’re watching The Walking Dead, AMC cuts to commercial break, then you get a chapter in the as-yet-untitled stand-alone airline attack drama.
    I find 'air in chapters during commercial breaks' thing a bit strange - if you're doing that, where is your advertising revenue coming from? Surely it'd be better to just air the whole half hour special in a special slot - say between a TWD episode and the accompanying Talking Dead?

Anyway - interesting idea to take a character from the special and insert them into FTWD Season 2!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    *Insert Samuel L. Jackson quote here*

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28...g-dead-airline

I find 'air in chapters during commercial breaks' thing a bit strange - if you're doing that, where is your advertising revenue coming from? Surely it'd be better to just air the whole half hour special in a special slot - say between a TWD episode and the accompanying Talking Dead?

Anyway - interesting idea to take a character from the special and insert them into FTWD Season 2!
    I like this idea. More stories the better we all are.

United States
    Most excellent!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Pretty fun concept!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Tibet
    Anyone catch the long shot of the airliner flying over in episode 2??

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    Anyone catch the long shot of the airliner flying over in episode 2??
    Of course!

Super Moderator

UK
    More info:

http://dailydead.com/amc-officially-...62-web-series/

Including:
    Press Release: NEW YORK, NY – September 28, 2015 – “Fear the Walking Dead” may be concluding its first season this Sunday, October 4th, but “Fear” will continue to spread as AMC rolls out its newest web series, officially titled “Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462,” online beginning this fall. The first installment of the 16-part series will debut on AMC.com on Sunday, October 4th and will then air as promos during two commercial breaks within “The Walking Dead” season 6 premiere episode on Sunday, October 11th.

Subsequent episodes of “Flight 462,” each less than one minute long, will debut every Sunday, online and then on-air as promos during new episodes of “The Walking Dead,” for the duration of season 6. In addition, one of the characters featured in the web series, which is produced by “Fear the Walking Dead” showrunner and executive producer Dave Erickson and co-executive producer David Wiener, will join the cast of “Fear the Walking Dead” season 2.
    Each subsequent 'episode' LESS THAN A MINUTE LONG?! Sounds like a ridiculously fractured way to tell this story - over sixteen sodding weeks no less! Just show it complete as a supporting feature FFS!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 29-Sep-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    More info:

http://dailydead.com/amc-officially-...62-web-series/

Including:

Each subsequent 'episode' LESS THAN A MINUTE LONG?! Sounds like a ridiculously fractured way to tell this story - over sixteen sodding weeks no less! Just show it complete as a supporting feature FFS!
    Indeed... I'd be tempted just to wait for the whole thing to be released as a single entity... which undoubtably someone will do!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Sounds like a gimmick to get people to watch the adverts, rather than recording the show & fast-forwarding through them...

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    It's showing as blocked in the UK???

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    It's showing as blocked in the UK???
    It works for me and I'm in the Netherlands. I can't however watch any amc videos.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    It works for me and I'm in the Netherlands. I can't however watch any amc videos.
    Still no luck - but I've seen the link in the text for those that can't see the AMC video & that works:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByK...hoUHBMNWs/view

United States
    After that 1:25 morsel, I'm just going to wait until the whole shibang comes out.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    After that 1:25 morsel, I'm just going to wait until the whole shibang comes out.
    That's what I'm thinking. I was tempted to watch it, but frankly - dosed out in increments that can be measured if sodding seconds, I'd rather wait for the proper experience of the entire half hour in one go.

If it was like the previous web series with each chapter being 4 or 5 minutes then that'd be something worthwhile sitting down for. With these measily morsels I'll have barely finished adjusting my arse on the seat before the instalment has finished!