Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I still havent seen it

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So BLUNT...

Have you watched BLAND of the DEAD yet?

Since the DAWn remake haters are continuing to refer to a Kick ass action remake as Yawn 04, might as well call Land what it really was...
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Banned User

United States
    He's probably in a coma after seeing that they're still using money after the zombie apocalypse.

In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble"...and the concept of a bank note....loses much of its meaning.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    I'd say rent it...and if you like it, wait till it's in the bargain basement bins instead of forking over the 20 bones most places want for it right now.

It's the David Hasselhoff of zombie flicks--at best, a joke in the USA...
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/land_of_the_dead/

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A review I can agree with...

"Land of the Dead is easily the worst of Romero's four zombie movies, and clearly should have never been made."

-- Chuck O'Leary, FANTASTICA DAILY
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    Speaking of yawn...

You still upset? Are you maybe mad because you were cut out of the movie or something? You spend more time on this movie than I spend on my absolute favorte films.

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    A review I can agree with...

"Land of the Dead is easily the worst of Romero's four zombie movies, and clearly should have never been made."

-- Chuck O'Leary, FANTASTICA DAILY
    And hell, we can do that all day, and I'll bet you a dollar I can find someone more well-respected than "Chuck O'Leary" who liked it. Chuck O'Leary is YOU, for all we know.

I was countering the "at best a joke in the USA" remark with a link to a page that shows Land scoring 74% positive reviews on that site. Next you might think "Reviews don't mean jack", to which I would have to respond "Keep that in mind when you read all the haters on here...."
    Last edited by Harold W Brown; 28-Mar-2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Man, makes it sound like Land of the Dead is worst than House of the Dead.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Undisclosed
    DJFunk wasn't edited out of House of the Dead, so he's probably not as angry with it...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold W Brown
    Speaking of yawn...

You still upset? Are you maybe mad because you were cut out of the movie or something?
    As I have told other asswipes my scenes were not cut, they are still there on the rated and Unrated DVD's. However, it is my opinion. Just like it is yours to like the film. So if you wanna join the rest of the asswipes and get in line I can go back and forth with you all day.

So go back your asskissing worship of BLAND and I will continue my like for Yawn.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Ahh but what of those who like both Bland and Yawn?
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Ahh but what of those who like both Bland and Yawn?

What about them?

I have no issues with anyone who likes either film... until they slam one film for things but overlook the same bad things in the other. Double standards in reviewing a movie based on Key elements is Bullsh*t.

Don't slam DAWN 04 for acting when you got Big Daddy howling like a hooker being bitch slapped by her pimp.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    What about them?

I have no issues with anyone who likes either film... until they slam one film for things but overlook the same bad things in the other. Double standards in reviewing a movie based on Key elements is Bullsh*t.

Don't slam DAWN 04 for acting when you got Big Daddy howling like a hooker being bitch slapped by her pimp.
    I like both for the things they got right and did well. But then they both have glaring flaws. I really just to ignore them and concentrate on the good. It's why I can't stand House of the Dead. There really wasn't anything good to concentrate on and distract me from all that was godawful bad.
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    I like both for the things they got right and did well. But then they both have glaring flaws. I really just to ignore them and concentrate on the good. It's why I can't stand House of the Dead. There really wasn't anything good to concentrate on and distract me from all that was godawful bad.

Agreed, House of the Dead is just the worst film, but I still think Children of the Dead is worse.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Agreed, House of the Dead is just the worst film, but I still think Children of the Dead is worse.
    I think I lost a couple thousand brain cells when the Aisan chick in the Star-Spangled Banner bodysuit outfit started doing Matrix kung fu on the zombies.
    --- Batman

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    But you have to admit she had a nice body....
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Undisclosed
    As I have told other asswipes my scenes were not cut, they are still there on the rated and Unrated DVD's. However, it is my opinion. Just like it is yours to like the film. So if you wanna join the rest of the asswipes and get in line I can go back and forth with you all day.

So go back your asskissing worship of BLAND and I will continue my like for Yawn.
    Screw this. I apologize for teasing you. It seems like EVERY thread has at least one post of you chiming in with hating Land. I really am perplexed by the PASSION you have for hating the movie. There's got to be more to it than just not liking the film. I'm not baiting, or arguing, I really am curious. Did you have a bad experience with the production? Weren't you making a site for Romero at some point, or am I confusing you with someone else? I haven't been super-involved with the boards for a few months.

Anyway, I just was curious to know more about WHY you're so venomous about it, rather than just walking away, the way I did with, say, the Star Wars prequels. Hated them; don't feel the need to talk about them.

Again, sorry for the jokes about you being cut out. Didn't realize it'd upset you so much. Have a great day!