Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead 1x03 episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    WOW. I genuinely thought he was a Yank.
    Cor, I don't know, these bloody Brits going over there and taking all their telly jobs!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Cor, I don't know, these bloody Brits going over there and taking all their telly jobs!
    Of which I will be ever grateful for you boys shipping Hayley Atwell over here for just that!

United States

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

***This message brought to you by the Tied2theTracks Committee on Border Reform***

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Of which I will be ever grateful for you boys shipping Hayley Atwell over here for just that!

You're very welcome.

Speaking of whom, I just recently finished watching Agent Carter on Fox and rather enjoyed it. Atwell rocks. The show isn't great - restrained as it is by being a network show and following that general level of quality - but it's good fun. I had no interest in watching Agents of Shield, but the setting, the character, and yes Hayley Atwell, piqued my interest. I really dug Captain America, and the Marvel One Shot with Peggy Carter was groovy, so it had my interest.

I was waiting for that.

United States
    Regarding the whole television issue, I'm actually more surprised we didn't see a teenager pull out their smartphone to either check their Facebook or Twitter to livetweet the apocalypse.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinFromHell View Post
    Regarding the whole television issue, I'm actually more surprised we didn't see a teenager pull out their smartphone to either check their Facebook or Twitter to livetweet the apocalypse.
    Good point ... although I suppose that hadn't quite caught on to such a degree as it has in the last two or three years, being that FTWD is essentially set five years ago when TWD originally started. So therefore Season 6 of TWD would essentially be somewhere in 2012 judging by the time that has elapsed over the six seasons.

Imagine if it had been set in 2015, though - there'd be a bunch of social justice warriors pissing all over themselves to be the first to find some angle on the outbreak to make themselves look superior on social media. However, then you could have glorious scenes of these live-tweeting morons, who would be too busy showing off how "caring" they are in their own little corner of the echo chamber, to notice a walker sneaking up on them. Their flesh could be torn from their bones as their fingers struggle to make one last, poorly-informed socio-political statement that conforms to the prescribed opinion of the day.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

***This message brought to you by the Tied2theTracks Committee on Border Reform***
    Nice crawl.

I was waiting for that.
    I knew you were. Someone had to do it.

They did have a bunch of girls clustered around watching the video of the cops on the freeway shooting, commenting that "that HAS to be fake!", which I thought covered the "social media" aspect nicely.

England
    I'd like to see a well-decayed Zombie trying to operate a dead smartphone... preferably with drool & a very bemused look on it's face - grandson/daughter of Bub!

United States
    Good point ... although I suppose that hadn't quite caught on to such a degree as it has in the last two or three years, being that FTWD is essentially set five years ago when TWD originally started. So therefore Season 6 of TWD would essentially be somewhere in 2012 judging by the time that has elapsed over the six seasons.

Imagine if it had been set in 2015, though - there'd be a bunch of social justice warriors pissing all over themselves to be the first to find some angle on the outbreak to make themselves look superior on social media. However, then you could have glorious scenes of these live-tweeting morons, who would be too busy showing off how "caring" they are in their own little corner of the echo chamber, to notice a walker sneaking up on them. Their flesh could be torn from their bones as their fingers struggle to make one last, poorly-informed socio-political statement that conforms to the prescribed opinion of the day.
    I'm a little surprised, to be honest, we haven't seen TWD/FTWD or any given zombie production, take on the social media issue. It's become a prominent part of our society and zombies are an excellent plot device, if done right, for social commentary. Take Romero and malls for example.

A lot could be said for society collapsing around people while being stuck inside Facebooking and tweeting, or being more focused on social media followers and Internet popularity as opposed to survival. The top dog from the television network in the beginning of Dawn 78 comes to mind to some degree.

But I think we're more likely to see that happen with FTWD. While TWD has been excellent, it's missed out on a number of opportunities by beginning after the collapse. Hopefully we'll see FTWD deliver on its promise, I really dig the show a lot right now.

They did have a bunch of girls clustered around watching the video of the cops on the freeway shooting, commenting that "that HAS to be fake!", which I thought covered the "social media" aspect nicely.
    They did, and that was a nice inclusion. But my overall point is I'm more surprised there isn't more Internet usage as opposed to television watching. Whereas in the original NIGHT and DAWN had leaned on television for information, where do a majority of people nowadays get their news? Trending topics on Facebook and Twitter, social media posts, Youtube videos, etc.

There's a lot more to be said regarding what we've become as a society.