Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x02 "JSS" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    What the hell was this 'we' crap? And 'got' implies a past tense of something that already happened. Finally, why the hell would she want to up a leave right in the middle of an attack like that? Afterwards, understandable...during said attack, highly suspicious.
    You're right ... something fishy is going on with Enid ... perhaps she was recruited, and so when she rocked up at Alexandria the reason why she hesitated wasn't about fear of joining a community, but fear of bringing a community down from the inside.

She has that fistful of keys ... the actress said it was because Enid always wanted an escape plan, but it doesn't necessarily check out. She gave them to Carl specifically ... I wonder if they were intended for The Wolves so they could sneak in to houses and snuff people out in their sleep? There was a hint on Talking Dead that Enid would be back and that there would be something surprising about her return ... there's so many possibilities, and as we've experienced, the obvious option might not be what happens - not even the second or third option might be what happens - so there's always different things going on.

However - one potential flaw with the Enid/Wolves thing ... if the Wolves only found out about Alexandria through the photos in Aaron's dropped backpack, they wouldn't have been able to send in an infiltrator. So, this might mean Enid isn't somehow linked to The Wolves, or it could mean she's linked to another group, be they nefarious or not.

Hmmmm ... plenty of options to ponder!

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwing401 View Post
    Holy crap that was intense. I totally did not see that battle within the community coming. Especially when that lady that was smoking the cigarette got pounced on...wow.

On the flip side, I don't think the wolves were expecting the resistance they got in the community. Their entire fighting style seems to be centered on shock and awe combined with pure brutality. That was evident when the ax wielding wolf squared off against Morgan. Right when he spotted him, ax wolf practically bum rushed him, until Morgan stood his ground and took a very clear fighting stance. He paused and kind of sized him up before attacking.

Same thing when Morgan faced the wolf pack at the end. They looked like they were ready to rip him apart, until he easily fought off a few of them. Hell, the leader actually jumped back a little from him at the end. So yeah, against soft targets like the people of Alexandria, the wolves are unstoppable, against survivors with equal skill and viciousness, not so well.

And that damn creepy girl is in on the attack. She clearly said to Carl about the blind spots in the community, "that's how we got...OUT?! MY theory below."

What the hell was this 'we' crap? And 'got' implies a past tense of something that already happened. Finally, why the hell would she want to up a leave right in the middle of an attack like that? Afterwards, understandable...during said attack, highly suspicious.
    I have a theory that Enid, Her Mother and her Father left Alexandria through a blind spot. I base this only on the fact that the gates were opened and she was allowed in without any question. Also her and her parents’ must have been in a close by community only days prior to their demise because at the end of the day they looked in fairly good condition considering they were on the road.

Maybe her family saw that it was a difficult place to defend and saw the weakness in the group and decided to leave was safer, obviously we know that now not to be true and perhaps she ended up back there under the mantra of “Just Survive Somehow” when her parent bit the dust. It may also explain the momentary doubt of going inside.

I guarantee I will be wrong I always am
    Last edited by DayoftheZ; 21-Oct-2015 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Bit more to say

United States
    Enid being a member of The Wolves won't really make sense given everything we know of both sides.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Enid is an odd kid and understandably so. But I'm surprised the wolves tie in is still a strong opinion. Her story was given to us. She's been alone. If she was some kind of scout why not leave messages for the wolves on the outside of the walls. Such as Armory is building 'x' etc. Now granted her comfort level during a savage attack is absolutely fucked up. But I think that's more about her mental state than anything. I guess we will find out.

Why would Enid and her family sneak out of Alexandria through a blind spot? The place isn't Woodbury. Not trying to be argumentative here just curious.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Why would Enid and her family sneak out of Alexandria through a blind spot? The place isn't Woodbury. Not trying to be argumentative here just curious.
    I don't know in honesty, I haven't given my theory too much though . I just don't buy that she is a Walking Dead baddie and certainly not involved with the wolves. Also it seemed to me that she didn't just stumble upon Alexandria and almost sought it out despite nearly walking away.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I have a theory that Enid, Her Mother and her Father left Alexandria through a blind spot. I base this only on the fact that the gates were opened and she was allowed in without any question. Also her and her parents’ must have been in a close by community only days prior to their demise because at the end of the day they looked in fairly good condition considering they were on the road.

Maybe her family saw that it was a difficult place to defend and saw the weakness in the group and decided to leave was safer, obviously we know that now not to be true and perhaps she ended up back there under the mantra of “Just Survive Somehow” when her parent bit the dust. It may also explain the momentary doubt of going inside.

I guarantee I will be wrong I always am
    Interesting theory!

If Enid has involvement with The Wolves, I doubt it'd be willing. The more I think about it now - and particularly what I said earlier today about the timescale issue of The Wolves arriving versus Enid arriving, and linking those separate events to the placement of those pictures of Aaron's within the timescale, Enid's involvement with The Wolves is probably quite unlikely. However, Enid's definitely got secrets - she's snuck out in the past (and probably did so as a matter of routine). Was she just looking for some alone time beyond the walls, was she keeping herself sharp and alert while the Alexandrians lived their dream that was doomed to crumble, was she meeting up with someone - perhaps an exile from Alexandria? Were her parents exiled - but not her - but she chose to go with her parents? If she was returning to Alexandria (as opposed to arriving for the first time), that could play in to that idea. Although I'm not sure - I really got more of the feeling that Enid's arrival at Alexandria's gates was a first-time thing ... there's so many possibilities! Enid's a mysterious sort!

Here's a crazy idea - what if The Wolves are sub-contractors for another group (i.e. doing their dirty bidding)? Totally random thought that'll hold sod-all water quite possibly, but just a fun idea that popped into my noggin.

Ireland
    Nah, I can't see that being a thing.

These "wolves" characters are just crazy feckers, bound together by some misguided lunacy. They go around attacking places with just melee weapons in a world that sees ordinary people packing machine guns and stinky pus bags that want to scoff you.

I don't think they'd be sub-contracting themselves to anyone.

I think Alexandria will be pursuing an "open carry" policy now though.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I have a question. After carol shot the woman in the armory she put 2-3 rounds in a guys back as he ran out the door. They made it a point of carol looking out the window and seeing blood on a step. Did anyone see any indication that the man succomed to his wounds inside Alexandria? It's a small detail but he saw the well stocked armory and could very well tell his fellow wolves. Granted the wolves lost over half of their force so the question remains is another attack worth it?

Question 2. Explain the semi crash/horn deal? Are they implying that the driver was human, took a fatal wound from the full auto burst from the tower and then reanimated before deannas son opened the door? I'd have to rewatch it but that Walker didn't look too fresh.

England
    Another good un'.... and as usual plenty of good comments already made.

Enid definitely has some involvement with another group of some sort - when she hands Carl the keys she says something like "I had these, I didn't want them to have them" & then "..."this place is too big to protect, there are too many blind spots... it's how we were able to..." I remain clueless as to what group she's attached to.

What was Morgan carrying in that little blue bag at the end?

Is it just me or do people seem to be turning a lot quicker than they used to - Richard who got burned at the fence and the guy in the truck went from living to dead to undead pretty quick.... I can't see how the truck could have had a walker at the wheel - or even in the cab, so it must have been a live wolf?

The Wolves act like 'crazy feckers' but the elaborate trap that caught Aaron & Daryl, suggests there is some brains somewhere in the outfit & we don't know that this whether this was just a small scouting party or the full pack.

Possibly stupid question: Why don't people fix bayonets on their rifles?

PS: Carol's comment at the begining about smoking is going to kill you was priceless...

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post

Question 2. Explain the semi crash/horn deal? Are they implying that the driver was human, took a fatal wound from the full auto burst from the tower and then reanimated before deannas son opened the door? I'd have to rewatch it but that Walker didn't look too fresh.
    Yeh, this one's been a bother. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the episode, but that guy was proper rank.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    They already implied last season that Enid leaves Alexandria just because she feels more at home in the wild. Of course I could be wrong but they are laying it on a bit thick.

The Wolves are definitely coming back. That one Wolf hijacked a gun and like someone else mentioned, the runner scurrying out of the armory wounded is still out there IMO. I know how this show works. They made sure we saw the blood for a reason.

The guy in the truck was human I'm sure but they did make a bit of a mistake by rotting him up too much.

One last thing, I don't think Morgan killed that Wolf. I just can't see it. As much as I wish he did, a hostage situation does tickle my fancy.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 22-Oct-2015 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Spicks and Specs
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Undisclosed
    Whether Enid was with the wolves or another group, one thing is certain, the girl's completely feral. She's one of those people that's just too far gone. As Dale once stated, "you belong in this world". She is now something between a human being and a wild animal. Not completely wild, but still devoid of displaying normal human emotions.

As for the wolves, I really, really hope Rick and company go on a little hunt after the walker herd is dealt with. Rick said that he doesn't take chances anymore and leaving those nutjobs free to roam wouldn't be in his style now. And I don't think the wolves would expect someone to have the stones to actually come after them.

Administrator

England
    Another thing... So in Ep1 the horde was close enough to hear the horn clearly? So the road must only be 1/2 mile or less (through woods) to the gate where the truck was?

Where's the horde then in Ep2? Should only take ten mins for the horde to arrive?

And I hope we find out why the Wolves like chopping arms off corpses!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I think the herd is further away than just a mere 1/2 mile. The sound might carry too loud through the woods, but so what ... a small suspension of disbelief in the grand scheme of things (but it was a feckin' loud horn).

Yeah - the walker inside the cab - what's up with that? Turned too quickly, and did seem a bit rank ... very strange!

Oh for sure, we'll be seeing more of that wounded Wolf soon enough. Either they got out - or they're somewhere inside Alexandria (perhaps they die inside a house and then attack someone?) ... as for what Morgan could be carrying: perhaps some food for a captive Wolf? They do need information on these guys, so a captive does make sense - but get the info you need and then kill the bastard. The Wolves don't seem like the sort of folks you can reason with, nevermind form a truce with, nevermind form an alliance with - they're vicious psychopaths in need of putting down for good.

United States
    I believe the group is doing its best to stall that herd, possibly get it off track. The front pack may still even be following Abraham, Sasha, and Daryl. Guess we'll just have to wait till this Sunday.

Oh, Morgan. I want to like you. But, c'mon, man. This world needs the Punisher, not Batman.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as what Morgan was carrying, looks to me like some personal belongings as he appears to be skipping town.