Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x03 "Thank You" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

UK
    My gut feeling is that we all need to come to terms with that fact that Glenn will not only survive but will be unscathed. I don't see why they would leave it open to interpretation unless he survives.

I will be very disappointed because for me that was a Game of Thrones style shock and if he walks out they have bottled it in my opinion.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    And the Glenn demise...
    - Hide in the goddam dumpster. Really, I'm the only one thinking that?
    The dumpster was locked with a padlock & chain...

Personally I'm ambivalent about Glenn's fate - though it echoed his first encounter with Rick in the tank & I keep thinking about what he said to Rick about if he was ever that far up shit creek without a paddle, someone would do try to rescue him too.

I'm more concerned about what Rick will do in the RV... will he leg it or hide?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I don't see why they would leave it open to interpretation unless he survives.
    To create buzz, controversy, and discussion. Also, I'm sure the group will need to actually "see" Glenn's fate; be it as a fresh Walker at Alexandria's gate. That's at least what I hope happens.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Lol the hate is real in this thread. I will never understand why people complain but still watch every week.
    over the last couple of seasons, i have waited for there to either be a half-season or even the complete season accumulated on the dvr before i watch them; the show views better that way in my opinion. it feels to me that there isn't much of an overall arc going on these days, just recycling old plots. viewers were made to believe that carol and judith both died, and now they are pulling the same story with glenn. this time, though, they really had a lot of foreplay with the audience before the fucking commenced, with the watch, "dumbass" throwback, the repeated mentioning of the wife....the chance of someone living through that would be ZERO. his legs would be exposed, given the way nicolas's corpse collapsed on him. he's also screaming bloody murder. and there's no way any noise or sound would distract the dozen or so walkers dogpiled on him and nicolas. both would be nearly picked clean to the bone, as others have said. a few other websites i frequent have had commenters use the phrase "jump the zombie" when discussing the aspect of glenn suriving.

other little things about the show bother me too much to sit quietly about either: one of the redshirts falling down and trying to heroically pick off walkers rather than put a bullet in her brain and skip the agony of being devoured alive. the absolutely helplessness and complacency of the redshirts....six of you standing around as a walker comes up and ninja attacks one of you? not putting the guy out of his misery as the walkers pinned him against the fence and munched away on him ( and his death was almost a carbon-copy of noah's or whatever his name was from last season). rick's assailants being the same ones morgan let walk away seems horribly familiar too. the writers on this show really should try a bit harder if you ask me.

with the wolves and possibly

negan
    looming on the horizon, this show was picking up steam and i'd taken up watching it weekly again....but i may have to just wait it out till the season is over, it's almost maddening to watch this show weekly. not trying to bash those who do enjoy it every week, just putting in my two cents.

England
    After a 2nd viewing I would be stunned if they engineer an escape for Glen. There were 100's of zombies coming down that alleyway and he was screaming while something was being torn apart so he either lost his mind or got eaten.

I'm absolutely LOVING Andrew Lincoln this season
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    I'm actually really surprised by some of the posts in this thread, I could even go as far as saying some fanboy wishful thinking.. I've watched the episode twice now and Glenn is clearly dead, it doesn't even look like Nicholas fell on top of him if the second viewing but more to the side.

If he isn't dead, I will personally pay $100 to every member who called it. That's how sure I am.

Anyway, MZ's post reminded me of a conversation I had with some friends a couple of weeks ago, does anyone else think Rick has taken "the long way" to the place Shane was in season 2.. Mentally I mean.. Would season 2 Shane and season 5/6 Rick be on the same page? Pretty sure these days Rick would have killed Randal, just saying

More interesting conversation than wishful "Glenn isn't dead!" Posts..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    After a 2nd viewing I would be stunned if they engineer an escape for Glen. There were 100's of zombies coming down that alleyway and he was screaming while something was being torn apart so he either lost his mind or got eaten.

I'm absolutely LOVING Andrew Lincoln this season
    Lincoln is definitely killing it. As far as Glenn surviving; you're right. I just won't buy him surviving intact.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    If Glenn is alive I'm done with the show. It's that simple. Yes, it's a zombie show and you have to suspend your belief but this show has been playing it straight all along, why fuck it up now?. They sucked me in for five years and now they're jumping the shark?
    If they punk this, it will suck so much to have to walk away from the show but I'll have to. I wouldn't be able to live in their world any longer.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If he isn't dead, I will personally pay $100 to every member who called it. That's how sure I am.

i'm not betting 100 bucks on the fact that glenn will survive, but i damn sure wouldn't bet even 10 bucks that he is in fact dead. i will pm you my mailing address once we find out i'm right.

pretty much every major character has had a witness or group member when they died. i don't watch the talking dead because i can't stand the guy who hosts it, but apparently the actor wasn't on the show. and as i've said, they've pulled this crap before. i really hope i'm mistaken, i really want to be wrong, but i smell bullshit on this one.

United States
    Andy. Yes I think Rick and Shane would get along much better in the present. Ricks humanity has slowly slipped away. Shane just downright kicked humanity and feelings to the side.

Another thing that hasn't been discussed. Judith's baby food that the wolf had in his pocket. Rick found it and I think he is rightfully concerned. Carl left that kid unattended.

Super Moderator

United States
    I've been extremely happy with the opening few episodes to this season. I love the tempo, even if it will have to slow down and reset somewhat at some point.

That said, I will also say it was pretty comedic how contrived the excess baggage cast members were killed off. I mean, Rick and Michonne
    just got done with their little discussion about not everyone making it back and they come back to the group to find some Alexandrian has discovered a zombie with his neck in the middle of those sparse woods?

With regards to Glenn, yeah, he's a goner...unless they cheese out and have him survive, as some have suggested. Part of me wonders if Glenn is miraculously saved by writer's fiat in a flashback sequence, will he only survive long enough to ultimately buy the farm by the end of the next extra long episode? I mean, it's a 90 minute time slot, it's either to eulogize his character, or someone else of at least midl-evel importance is getting it in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Good catch! I didn't even notice that.

Hi everybody, long time no post

First apologies for my absence, lifes short and im very busy.. i do still check in when i can!
    Hey, Andy! Good to see you posting, man.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've been extremely happy with the opening few episodes to this season. I love the tempo, even if it will have to slow down and reset somewhat at some point.

That said, I will also say it was pretty comedic how contrived the excess baggage cast members were killed off. I mean, Rick and Michonne
    just got done with their little discussion about not everyone making it back and they come back to the group to find some Alexandrian has discovered a zombie with his neck in the middle of those sparse woods?

With regards to Glenn, yeah, he's a goner...unless they cheese out and have him survive, as some have suggested. Part of me wonders if Glenn is miraculously saved by writer's fiat in a flashback sequence, will he only survive long enough to ultimately buy the farm by the end of the next extra long episode? I mean, it's a 90 minute time slot, it's either to eulogize his character, or someone else of at least midl-evel importance is getting it in the neck.

Good catch! I didn't even notice that.

Hey, Andy! Good to see you posting, man.
    No chance it gets resolved next episode. It's centered on Morgan and his journey from "Clear" to present time. I guess we meet this so called "Cheese Maker" too.

Being Attacked

United States
    Pretty sure these days Rick would have killed Randal, just saying
    Shit...today's Rick wouldn't have bothered pulling his ass off the fence!

Undisclosed
    I understand where a number of you feel Glenn should be dead. Personally I hope he will survive for a bit longer. Many of us who are attracted to zombies and the apocalypse have a "dark side" to us. Many of the "unwashed masses" who make up the main viewership of TWD don't really fit into this picture. They're not really into zombies. They got caught up in the hype and now they're addicted. If you kill too many of they're favorite characters; they are going to leave in droves. If this were to happen it's only a matter of time before TWD is cancelled. I'm not ready for that. I hope and believe the producers and writers know this as well since it's their jobs on the line. If Glenn survives this mess; I for one will not complain. By the way; I think episode 4 is going to be VERY Morgancentric.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Good points both ways regarding Glenn and Nicholas escape. Me personally I always think elevation when pondering the zombie apocalypse. I saw the stairs and would have found a way up them. It may not work but I would much rather have walkers funneled to me in a narrow corridor(think 300 Spartans) than from everywhere. Plus gravity would help fight off the far less coordinated walkers. But I can certainly acknowledge that had they taken that path and the door was locked/blockaded from the inside they are pretty much screwed. I would have to watch again to even see if it was possible to get to the roof from that upper landing. The roof would be survivable if patient.

I can certainly understand why they chose to stay on foot. And as alluded above they had a shot until they discovered the walkers on the other side of the fence. If I recall wasnt there concertina wire on top of the fence? If so that just adds to the difficulty of trying to climb and scale toward the building. The razors on that fence will shred you no doubt. Granted I would take my chances with the fence considering the alternative zombie buffet.

End of the day, they made a split second decision and it turned out to be wrong. Its just the bitch of the apocalypse.
    Unfortunately, we don't see the actual roof of that building, so we don't know if you could somehow access it from the top of the stairwell. However, there is a door, which it is not clear whether it is blocked or not, and there are also two windows, which do not look blocked, one of them at a lower level than the stairs, which means you could attempt to crash through it from the stairs if push comes to shove. They certainly would have had more chances of surviving on those stairs than facing the horde full front like they did.

The fence at the back of the alley was tall and on top had barbed wire. Glenn and Nicholas must have known what they were heading to a long time before reaching the end of that alley, so it makes little sense that they would allow themselves to be trapped like that. Much better to take your chances with a not very well blocked stairway than up a tall fence with barbed wire on top. The barbed wire is what would have made trying to get to the roof of the blue building very difficult. That stuff is designed to make it difficult for intruders to jump over fences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I've just watched the alleyway sequence again and there are a matter of a few seconds between the camera panning to show the blocked stairs and the guys finding out that there are more than two zombies on the other side of the fence. By the time they've seen that, the other zombie group are nearly upon them, so the stairs was kind of a no go anyway, because the zombies would have been on top of them before they moved the first palette. There's still the option to climb the fence and shimmy across onto the roof, but Nicky boy wasn't interested it seems.

Either way they're pretty screwed. They end up on the roof with a shedload of rotters down below. Unless Glenn can contact Rick and form some plan.

BTW, those stairs lead up to a blocked entrance.
    The problem is that they should have realized this long before they were trapped. They were going down the alley looking for exits, they should have had plenty of time to realize the stairwell was their best choice even before arriving at the end of the alley. They could see the barbed wire fence waiting them at the end. But even after Glenn starts to look for other options after trying the door and the fence, they still would have had time to head for the stairs. Glenn pretty much realizes this is a dead end while Nicholas has not even arrived to the end of the alley, and the zombies are still fairly behind the stairwell. Right then he should have told Nicholas to head for the stairs and start moving the mattress aside. They would not even have to bother moving anything else, behind the mattress there appears to be enough room to squeeze through to the stairs.

It is not clear if the entrance to the building is blocked or not (there seems to be a wooden panel on the top of the stairs, but it is not clear if it is really blocking the entrance.) We also see two windows on the building, one of them at a level below the stairs, which do not seem to be blocked. Plus we also don't know if the roof of that building is reachable from the top of the stairs. So there might be 3 possible escape routes from those stairs: door, roof, window. Call me crazy but I would take those 3 chances any day of the week before having to face a zombie horde head-on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    And it was also full of stuff. Too much to get it out and make room to fit inside before the zombies reached you.