Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: TWD 6x03 "Thank You" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    rewatching the episode tonight before the new one aired, i noticed a few other things:

1. glenn's shirt is buttoned most of the episode, but he must have somehow found time to unbutton it once he got to the top of the dumpster. his t-shirt is very close to the same color as nicolas's shirt. in fact, they are dressed very very similarly from head-to-toe.

2. glenn and nicolas both fall and appear to land with their feet facing the dumpster, but once they have a lower view of the action down where glenn and nicolas land, they have miraculously spun around and now their heads are at the base of the dumpster.

3. the fence that is behind the dumpster is no longer there when they show the large overhead shot of the walkers feasting (on nicolas).

the cinematography and continuity on this show is just ass sometimes. hard to believe they miss this sort of stuff in the editing room.

andy, i'm so convinced that glenn is still alive (and the writers and filmmakers did such a crap job of making it more believable), that i'm willing to put my money where my mouth (keyboard) is and match you on that 100 dollar bet if you're not joking. however, given the evidence i've laid out and how much steam this theory has built on numerous websites since the episode aired, i don't blame you if you're having second thoughts.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Flyboy and airport zombie were both shot in the brain and I enjoyed their homeage in TWD. Since both are effectively destroyed, their appearance is just as impossible as Steele and Rickles would be. But that's taking it too serious and this isn't meant to be. I don't think anyone here is asking for realism. Lifelong genre fans enjoy the tribute.

Yes Logan would be great. Or even have TWD characters walk past a downed helicopter with same paint scheme as flyboys. Maybe throw in a black SWAT cop zombified inside.
    But at least Flyboy became a zombie. Rickles and Steel did not. We know it is not possible for them to be zombies at all, and so they did not appear as zombies in that movie. So a zombified Rickles & Steel reference would not make much sense. Logan, on the other hand, should have turned. If there is any character from that movie that should justifiably be shown as a zombie it is him.

Seeing what happened to the chopper and Peter would be fine, and it could be conceivable since we have no idea what happened to them after they fly away from the mall, so it is perfectly possible they crashed and Peter turned into a zombie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    The other part of the staircase decision is this: they don't know what's behind the door. By the time Glenn starts trying the door on ground level, he's already seen the walkers on the other side of the fence, and the ones coming down the alley are too close for them to get back to the stairs.
    They still had time to head for the stairs. When Glenn sees the door is locked and realizes that climbing the fence is not going to be easy, the zombies are still behind the building with the stairs, Nicholas still has time to go to the fence, jump on and try to climb it (only to fall back down.) Instead of giving that almost dead-end a second try, they should have tried getting to the stairs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    rewatching the episode tonight before the new one aired, i noticed a few other things:

1. glenn's shirt is buttoned most of the episode, but he must have somehow found time to unbutton it once he got to the top of the dumpster. his t-shirt is very close to the same color as nicolas's shirt. in fact, they are dressed very very similarly from head-to-toe.

2. glenn and nicolas both fall and appear to land with their feet facing the dumpster, but once they have a lower view of the action down where glenn and nicolas land, they have miraculously spun around and now their heads are at the base of the dumpster.

3. the fence that is behind the dumpster is no longer there when they show the large overhead shot of the walkers feasting (on nicolas).

the cinematography and continuity on this show is just ass sometimes. hard to believe they miss this sort of stuff in the editing room.

andy, i'm so convinced that glenn is still alive (and the writers and filmmakers did such a crap job of making it more believable), that i'm willing to put my money where my mouth (keyboard) is and match you on that 100 dollar bet if you're not joking. however, given the evidence i've laid out and how much steam this theory has built on numerous websites since the episode aired, i don't blame you if you're having second thoughts.
    Some people are arguing that such contradictions in the sequence are a sign that it is Nicholas just imagining what would happen if he killed himself in that situation, so what we see "did not really happen". Personally, I think they are just what you pointed out: editing and continuity mistakes. The events in the sequence did happen. Nicholas killed himself and unintentionally dragged down Glenn with him into the zombie mosh pit. It remains to be seen how can he possibly escape the attention of all those zombies around him staring down in his direction. It is possible for him to crawl under the dumpster, but in the process he would also get bit. There is just no way that all of the zombies around him are going to fail to see him moving. Realistically speaking, Glenn can't get out of this one unscathed.
    Last edited by JDP; 02-Nov-2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo