Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x03 "Thank You" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 6x03 "Thank You" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 6x03 "Thank You" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael Slovis
    Written by: Angela Kang

United States
    Angela Kang? I can't wait to see this then.
    Last edited by Doc; 23-Oct-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Awwwwww shit.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Some other Angela Kang episodes:

Season 5: 5x03 ("Four Walls and a Roof" with Corey Reed), 5x08 ("Coda"), 5x15 ("Try").
    Season 4: 4x02 ("Infected"), 4x12 ("Still"), 4x16 ("A" with Scott M. Gimple)
    Season 3: 3x05 ("Say The Word"), 3x11 ("I Ain't A Judas")
    Season 2: 2x06 ("Secrets"), 2x11 ("Judge, Jury, Executioner")

A couple of iffy ones in there (e.g. "Still"), but the majority are all solid/excellent entries. Kang has become one of the show's most seasoned writers, so I'm also rather looking forward to this one.

I wonder if this episode might be about the gang outside Alexandria trying to keep the walkers away from the town - but ultimately they fail and we get a cliffhanger that'll lead into an absolute shit storm in 6x04. Just my thoughts, so we'll see how things actually play out ... should be good!

United States
    I'm might be in the minority here, but I consider 'Still' to be one of the best and finest episodes Walking Dead ever churned out. And see Kang's Season Two and Three work as some of her worst (though 'Judge, Jury, Executioner' was sorta ok)! There's some embarrassingly bad stuff in those episodes. She hit a winning streak in Seasons Four and Five though. Don't know how that happened. Maybe, it was being free of the poisonous influence of Mazzara or if Gimple is exercising a heavy hand or if she's just coming into her own on TWD, but Kang has become one of the best writers on this show ever sense she wrote 'Infected'.

United States
    I'm one of the few that like "Still". Sure, it gives the word FILLER meaning and we really didn't learn anything new out of the two protagonists but it did elevate Beth's character to the point where people tried signing a petition to bring her back haha.

This episode will definitely focus on team Rick trying to control that massive Walker herd. I believe it should wrap up here considering AMC already stated episode 4's 90 minute tale is pretty much a stand alone film.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    6x04 is a 90 minute slot?! *rubs hands with glee* Looking forward to that then! Almost makes me want to just get episode three out of the way, haha! However, the anticipation is oftentimes just as good as the splurge.

As for "Still" ... there's some good stuff in there (e.g. the cold open, the details revealing a fascinating backstory at the country club), but yeah, there's just not enough content to properly fill out the running time. It suffers, too, from us already knowing a lot about Daryl's background (especially with the Season 3 stuff between Merle and Daryl) - so seeing him in that context isn't revelatory (it would have been if we hadn't already known). However, the clash between Daryl and Beth is an excellent scene, and there's some good stuff in their sombre talk at night ... but overall the episode is quite patchy.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Oct-2015 at 05:00 PM.

United States
    Absolute sadness. First and last words to Rick grimes were calling him dumbass. Damnit. Just damnit.

United States
    Glenn is NOT dead. Nope.

He can't be.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 26-Oct-2015 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Sad

United States
    He will be missed

United States
    I don't know, I sense a swerve of some kind.

This season is ridiculous so far.

United States
    most of this episode i spent rolling my eyes at all the corny "who's going to abandon whom" and "who is going to do this, no wait, i HAVE TO DO THIS" type bs dialogue this show is chock-ful of....then they had the scene with glenn and i actually sat up and got invested because the show was finally getting ballsy with a meaningful death...you know, compared to the countless almost unnamed characters they've burned through over the last few episodes.

but then i rewound the scene, and noticed glenn landed under the worthless coward, and intestines aren't found in the shoulder/chest area, so glenn is okay and is most likely going to be alive after he crawls under the dumpster and waits until the walkers are drawn off by other chaos in the region. i pray i am wrong and a major character bought the farm, but i'm predicting a huge cop-out on this one. if i am correct, i will finally stop watching this repetitive and contrived show.

i realize that a non-stop zombie story only has so many plots they can go with, but they just keep throwing the same lines, plots, and scenarios at viewers who don't seem to notice because ZOMBIEEZ and it's getting a bit redundant. yeah we get it, rick and his group are the ultimate bo-staff/katana/cross bow walker extermination group of grimy survivors and everyone else is a weak-minded cowardly backstabber or a lamb waiting for the slaughter.....i'm always going back and forth between love and hate on this show, but lately it's more meh and hate.

sorry to come in here and piss on everyone's parade, i normally don't post in these TWD discussions, but i can't believe anyone is falling for the RIP GLENN......JK LOL!!!! ruse.

Rising

United States
    Glenn and Nicholas cornered themselves unnecessarily. They could have escaped up the fire stairs of one the nearby buildings before the herd had caught up with them. It was only blocked by a few not very large things, like wooden pallets, which they could easily have moved aside to go up the building to try to seek a hiding place or a way out from there.
    Last edited by JDP; 26-Oct-2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo

England
    If Glen isn't dead I'm gonna be pissed. Major cop out and corny as hell.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Lol the hate is real in this thread. I will never understand why people complain but still watch every week.