1 11.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x03 - Did they die or not?

Administrator

England

TWD 6x03 - Did they die or not?

*SPOILERS*

So did Glenn die or not?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Based purely on the way it played out and the fact they left it open to interpretation which they would never do with such an important character I think he is alive.

I reckon he will make it back to Alexandria and tell them Nicholas saved his life and died a hero.

Rising

United States
    There seems to be enough room to try to crawl under the dumpster, so that is not the impossible part of the situation. What is going to be truly difficult to accept is if Glenn manages to do this while Nicholas' corpse is on top of him and a zombie mob is chowing it down and somehow none of the zombies notice Glenn moving underneath. There is no way of crawling under the dumpster without calling the attention of the zombies staring right down in your direction.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    There seems to be enough room to try to crawl under the dumpster, so that is not the impossible part of the situation. What is going to be truly difficult to accept is if Glenn manages to do this while Nicholas' corpse is on top of him and a zombie mob is chowing it down and somehow none of the zombies notice Glenn moving underneath. There is no way of crawling under the dumpster without calling the attention of the zombies staring right down in your direction.
    I agree... It's going to have to be a super slick bit of filming to show him achieving this!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I was absolutely convinced it would be Option #3 to begin with ... but over the last few days my opinion has shifted to Option #2.

Agreed - it will have to be very slickly shot and thought out to make Glenn escaping unbitten convincing. I'd love to see him survive as he's a favourite character - but even if he does survive, he's totally on borrowed time now I'd say. If he survives this, I don't think he'll survive the season - he'll have used up the remainder of his nine lives so-to-speak.

United States
    How could he be alive? If he is, this show is done. You can't play it straight for 5 seasons then all of a sudden go into full retard mode. If they go the cheese wiz direction and make him miraculously survive this ratings will drop fast. I'll be one of them tuning out. I hope they don't f*ck this up

UK
    I don’t buy that the figures will drop by all that much. Granted people like ourselves who are long standing fans of The Living Dead genre will roll our eyes or in some cases put off watching as it loses credibility.

Going by the reaction on twitter the masses are willing him to survive so it won’t likely be bad news to the viewing figures. I would prefer that Glenn went out that way because it was such a cool and unsuspecting end for a great character, but I sure as hell won’t so watching.

For me the only low points were Tyresse’s last episode and Dawns first episode.

Ireland
    Yeh, I agree, it's going to have to be some really convincing writing to salve the reality of the situation. For all intents and purposes, Glenn is done for and I really think he should be dead. If he get out of that, I'm going to need some serious explanation.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I keep seeing this debate everywhere and maybe I need to go back and watch the episode a second time, but I don't see how anyone could think he'd be alive. True, the guy made him fall, but during the gore scene I didn't see any sign of an extra body on top of Glenn. They focused more on his face, because it was a dramatic moment for a beloved character, but it looked like it was his chest those guts were coming from to me.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    but during the gore scene I didn't see any sign of an extra body on top of Glenn. They focused more on his face, because it was a dramatic moment for a beloved character, but it looked like it was his chest those guts were coming from to me.....
    That's just what they want you to think of course
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well I do hope I'm wrong! I want Glenn to meet Lucille!(comic reference)

United States
    Great Poll Neil! He got away!

England
    I had to go with option 3 - though I suspect 2 will turn out correct....

England
    He's alive and it saddens me that they would attempt such a poorly thought out scenario
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I don’t buy that the figures will drop by all that much. Granted people like ourselves who are long standing fans of The Living Dead genre will roll our eyes or in some cases put off watching as it loses credibility.

Going by the reaction on twitter the masses are willing him to survive so it won’t likely be bad news to the viewing figures. I would prefer that Glenn went out that way because it was such a cool and unsuspecting end for a great character, but I sure as hell won’t so watching.

For me the only low points were Tyresse’s last episode and Dawns first episode.
    Yeah, the viewing figures won't drop. Also, I don't personally understand stopping watching the show because of something that hasn't even happened yet, nor been seen, nor been explained. To each their own, but it wouldn't stop me watching TWD.

Not a fan of 5x08? Hmmm ... for my money it was a really cool episode and I really enjoyed them taking the time to really dive into the loss of a main character - and from the perspective of the dying person, to boot. It was a different spin on what we'd seen before, and ultimately had a big old tug on the heart strings (that quiet long lens shot when the 4x4 pulls over and they pull Tyreese's now dead body out from the back had quite an impact. Likewise the moment before his death where the good characters who had passed on were welcoming him across the line into death ... it was interesting, it was touching, and it had a delicacy that isn't usually afforded to snuffed out players in this show (which is fair enough, but from time to time it's nice to get the chance to feel dem feels).

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I keep seeing this debate everywhere and maybe I need to go back and watch the episode a second time, but I don't see how anyone could think he'd be alive. True, the guy made him fall, but during the gore scene I didn't see any sign of an extra body on top of Glenn. They focused more on his face, because it was a dramatic moment for a beloved character, but it looked like it was his chest those guts were coming from to me.....
    It depends on the shot - in one shot it really does look like a body on top of him (it partially obscures his chin in a manner than wouldn't make sense considering the camera angle), and in another shot it looks very convincing that Glenn's being chomped. I think the biggest giveaway is that Glenn doesn't cough up any blood. If you're having your guts and such ripped out you're going to spew up a l'il bit o' the red stuff - and yet he doesn't spit out an ounce of it.

When Nicholas' dead body falls on Glenn it is an unintended consequence, but you do see Glenn seem to grab hold of it on the way down. You don't see Glenn's arms flailing about, the shot is focussed on his face ... yeah, I'm thinking he survives. To what extent remains to be seen - and how he does it - but aye.