Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 6x04 "Here's Not Here" (90min) episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    For the record, I don't mind stand alone episodes without Rick like "The Grove" "JSS" and "Here's not Here", I just really dislike when we get them back to back. Think the back half of season 4 and episodes like "Slabtown".
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Much like a good mix tape you kick things off with a bang, then escalate matters - but then you've gotta cool it down a notch
    That depends on what music you like.

Anyway, for me, this was a curious choice of material to hang on extended minutes, TBPH. Maybe the wolves attack episode would have been a better episode for that?

I like Morgan and all, but putting that episode there is a bit jarring and it certainly didn't need to be any longer than normal.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    It was an ok episode.

I think it's a good acknowledgment of how the people around us influence our behaviors. Morgan was brought back from the edge and now he is struggling with attempting to pay it forward. I think Morgan is making a huge mistake that will cost someone their life. Possibly a member of Rick's group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I'm also looking forward to my $100 from Andy.
    lol me too
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 03-Nov-2015 at 04:23 PM. Reason: ...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been a huge fan of Lennie James and Morgan since the pilot episode, so I loved this episode. I have a feeling there will be more solo Morgan episodes showing his connection to the wolves....

United States
    I liked Morgan in the Pilot and later when they brought him back. Interesting character and seemingly a great asset to any group. So I'm not anti-Morgan.

The episode was well shot, and well acted, and I liked the pace. Eastman was an interesting character and I liked the change in atmosphere. I liked that they are willing to slow things down and delve into back-story. So I'm not anti-episode or anti this kind of episode style.

That said, this was a silly episode that just made me like Morgan less. Prior to this he was a zombie-killin-badass whose questionable philosophy arguably endangered the group more often than his skills helped the group. He was a pretty interesting character. Now he's a semi-reformed murderous nutjob who is harboring a current murderous nutjob with an unrealistic expectation of future reformation (the Wolf guy is SOOO not who Morgan was when Eastman found him) to the EXTREME endangerment of the group. So in my mind the scale has tipped ... Morgan is no longer worth it and not interesting enough to cover the gap.

My impression of the episode itself was that the intention was that we, the audience, would go, "Wow, what a cool backstory and I totally get Morgan now." However, my reaction was, "What a stupid backstory and can we please kill Morgan now?"
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.