Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 6x06 "Always Accountable" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Slightly odd staging, yes, but once spotted they then ran further into the woods and found a hiding spot - then one of their guys got bitten and had to have his arm amputated - and one of the gang specifically said that they were calling off the search because their orders were explicit in that they weren't to expend too much time and energy (and risk) on their mission, which was to track these escaped folks down.
    Very poorly put on screen, I thought Mini.

Kind of like, "the games up, com on out"

"Yeh, feck that"

*about face...walk away slowly in full view*

It's just odd looking. I'll have to watch it again.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    Also comic spoilers related to this episode.

Did anybody catch the name of the gentleman who is now in the ownership of crossbow……. ……………..Dwight..............i'm off to do some ironing!
    Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Also, Did Daryl, the blond haired guy and the two girls just walk away from the guys who spotted them in the burned out woods? What was going on there? The gang clearly saw them and they just sort of buggered off.

That was a weirdly handled scene.
    I don't know why, but the resolution was vaguely Tolkienesque..."Let's hide and scamper away quickly!"

And somehow it worked, when combined with a wounded man (field amputation ), and I presume, an unwillingness to keep driving into the woods too deep.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I can see how some can find this episode a bit lackluster and underwhelming; considering how important the events and characters that took place here are going to become. The problem I see here is the amount of vagueness and secrecy the writers and directors are working with here. They really went out of their way not to show us much of the attackers and purposely went above and beyond not to give away the names of the couple who pretty much robbed Daryl. Only "Tina' was name dropped and that's only because she was snuffed out already. Like someone had already mentioned, the show is getting a little too "cute" trying to mislead and work everyone into utter confusion. I can see how non comic readers were left scratching their heads during Daryl's side adventure. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for everyone to meet back up in present time already.

Speaking of Tina, her death was handled very poorly and felt completely rushed and anti-climatic. Too bad, she was cute.

The scene when Daryl lured the mystery man into that Walker trap was great. I like how the man didn't hesitate and requested for his infected arm to be cut off. No second thoughts. He even got his watch back. These guys really got their shit together. "Walk it off" lol.

Speaking of great lines, How awesome is Abraham? "Loose ends make my ass itch" haha.

The way he worked over Sasha was a work of art. She even straight up told him to handle his shit first. We all know what the big unspoken elephant in the room was and it will be quite interesting how this turns out back at Alexandria.

In fact, I really enjoyed Abraham's entire arc this episode as it completely furthers to progress his character. Him wrestling with the RPG walker trying to get the weapon turned his views around as things just worked out the way he wanted them to without having to resort to blind rage and carelessness. All he needed was to sit back, relax, and think about a better solution. In the end and a cigar later, the RPG was his after all. He knows exactly what he wants now and what his end game is.

The opening sequence was excellent and the last shot of Daryl next to the biker Walker held plenty of meaning I wont go into. What a creepy Walker too. Nothing left but a Helmet and I loved that they never showed it's face. So much left to the imagination.

The Bernie Whiteson homage was incredible too. Loved the Cherokee Rose easter egg as well.

I love that Daryl lost his crossbow. Norman Reedus has actually stated in the past that he wished he would lose his crossbow and famous vest so he can ground his character a bit more. Looks like it may actually happen.

In the end, I liked this episode. Some of it dragged a bit but overall I enjoyed it more than last weeks episode. I'm a fan of Daryl and Abraham and I'm starting to finally warm up to Sasha.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 18-Nov-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: typo
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Was a little confused. Was Abraham making a play on Sasha? Looked like it to me. And it sounded like she was telling him he has to deal with Rosita first?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    Was a little confused. Was Abraham making a play on Sasha? Looked like it to me. And it sounded like she was telling him he has to deal with Rosita first?
    Bingo.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    As for the military walker hanging off the bridge - how do we know any of the other folk had been that way? Nor do we know how long that walker had been hanging there, it might not have been quite as long as you might think ... a while, but not necessarily that long ... I was more confused by how you could get impaled on a fence post and slung out over the edge of the bridge. Nifty scene, though.[/spoiler]
    We don't know for sure, but since there are survivors around that area one would think that they would have scavenged pretty much all that was easily at hand. In such a dangerous and lawless world no one would leave weapons behind if they stumbled upon them. And these RPGs are right there in the middle of a bridge in open sight.

The walker with the RPG launcher looks like he has been decaying for quite a while:

2E7BB41000000578-3320031-image-m-43_1447658571896.jpg

So we can assume that the weapons and cigars have been laying out there for plenty of time.

Regarding how in blazes he could have ended up impaled there: I have no friggin' clue! I also thought it was weird.
    Last edited by JDP; 19-Nov-2015 at 06:39 AM. Reason: link

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The walker with the RPG launcher looks like he has been decaying for quite a while:

2E7BB41000000578-3320031-image-m-43_1447658571896.jpg

So we can assume that the weapons and cigars have been laying out there for plenty of time.

Regarding how in blazes he could have ended up impaled there: I have no friggin' clue! I also thought it was weird.
    When the fence was still erect he (when alive) was climbing over and slipped impaling himself. Over time his weight and movement made the fence tip over.

Question is why was he climbing over a fence to a big drop?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    He is fairly decayed ... but he's in much better condition than many of the other walkers this season.

It's possible that he's decayed faster being very exposed on a constant basis (being trapped on that fence pole exposed to the elements 24/7 - including the blazing sun). So it's possible that he's not been there as long as we might think.

There are occasions in the show where it sometimes seems as if not quite enough thought has gone into the backstory of a featured walker, like in this case, because you end up being left with various questions as have been getting raised here. So I think the show makers could make some tweaks for improvement on that front ... also the staging of certain scenes (e.g. the woodland encounter with this new gang of strangers), as certain scenes can sometimes have issues for the viewer with figuring out how the space works, what you could see if you were there (i.e. would our heroes really be hidden?). So there's a couple of areas where they could improve a bit.

Rising

United States
    He is fairly decayed ... but he's in much better condition than many of the other walkers this season.

It's possible that he's decayed faster being very exposed on a constant basis (being trapped on that fence pole exposed to the elements 24/7 - including the blazing sun). So it's possible that he's not been there as long as we might think.
    Most of the zombies in this show are exposed to the weather 24/7. They don't go around seeking shelter. We can tell when they have been decaying for a good amount of time. This walker has already lost his lips and parts of his cheeks and nose. This guy did not die and become a zombie just a few days ago but quite longer. He's probably been undead for several months.

United States
    The RPG seemed to me to be a trap. I was thinking Abraham is about to die. The woods escape scene was weird. It felt off when I watched it. I plan on a rewatch soon just to verify some of my questions/concerns.

United States
    Upon my first viewing, I also read that scene wrong. I was under the impression that the four of them were surrounded. I'll have to watch it again myself. As far as the men aborting their mission so easily, they were on strict orders and after one of them got bitten, it's no surprise they called it off as Wade clearly said "He only wanted to take it so far, he doesn't want ass that isn't willing." To me that means....

These are the Saviors and comic readers may be aware that Negan is opposed to rape. The man has his reasons. Their behavior fell perfectly in place and made complete sense.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 19-Nov-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Most of the zombies in this show are exposed to the weather 24/7. They don't go around seeking shelter. We can tell when they have been decaying for a good amount of time. This walker has already lost his lips and parts of his cheeks and nose. This guy did not die and become a zombie just a few days ago but quite longer. He's probably been undead for several months.
    Wasn't saying days ... but perhaps weeks (or a few months). Other walkers roaming around would be in and out of shelter though, not intentionally, but just by the luck of the draw. Even just being in a shaded area (e.g. the woods) would keep you in better condition than being completely exposed 24/7 in the same position all the time.

As for lips/nose - perhaps he had them bitten off, flipped out, and somehow managed to impale himself on a sodding fence pole!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Upon my first viewing, I also read that scene wrong. I was under the impression that the four of them were surrounded. I'll have to watch it again myself. As far as the men aborting their mission so easily, they were on strict orders and after one of them got bitten, it's no surprise they called it off as Wade clearly said "He only wanted to take it so far, he doesn't want ass that isn't willing." To me that means....

These are the Saviors and comic readers may be aware that Negan is opposed to rape. The man has his reasons. Their behavior fell perfectly in place and made complete sense.

Yep, agreed - gotta be The Saviours - and that speaks to Negan's modus operandi. Either one or both of those ladies will be in Negan's harem.

UK
    Wasn't saying days ... but perhaps weeks (or a few months). Other walkers roaming around would be in and out of shelter though, not intentionally, but just by the luck of the draw. Even just being in a shaded area (e.g. the woods) would keep you in better condition than being completely exposed 24/7 in the same position all the time.

As for lips/nose - perhaps he had them bitten off, flipped out, and somehow managed to impale himself on a sodding fence pole!

Yep, agreed - gotta be The Saviours - and that speaks to Negan's modus operandi. Either one or both of those ladies will be in Negan's harem.
    See my spoiler further up Minion it should confirm your theory.