Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x06 "Always Accountable" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 6x06 "Always Accountable" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 6x06 "Always Accountable" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Jeffrey F. January
    Written by: Heather Bellson

United States
    An RPG plus 4 and a fuel truck!!!!! Nice friggin haul.

United States
    Good episode. Many seeds planted in this one. Nice Easter egg too with the Cherokee Rose planted on Swamp Walkers back as Daryl bolted him in the head.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I kept waiting for...

a bolt when Abraham said his bit.

*** MODERATOR NOTE: Please use spolier tags when referencing comic book spoilers***

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Kind of have to wonder why didn't the other survivors from around that area find those rocket grenades and the launcher? You would think that they would have already looted most of the useful stuff found more easily at hand, and these weapons were right there in the open, ready for the taking.

In any event, these RPGs might prove useful against the horde. The zombies are packed close, so explosive charges right in their midst would do a lot of damage to them. And if maybe that was Glenn at the end asking for help, they might rescue him by blasting the zombies in the alley.

United States
    Did anyone else get a real sense of foreshadowing in some Daryl scenes?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Absolutely. However, they've done it back in season 4 and after the Glenn angle their foreshadowing rings hollow to me.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    In any event, these RPGs might prove useful against the horde. The zombies are packed close, so explosive charges right in their midst would do a lot of damage to them. And if maybe that was Glenn at the end asking for help, they might rescue him by blasting the zombies in the alley.
    It could be Glenn on the walkie, although it didn't really sound like him ... but then again it didn't really sound like anyone. Could it be the blonde guy and the girl who pinched Daryl's crossbow and bike, (what a bloody cheek they've got!), having realised that they've made the wrong call? Did anyone notice if they took Daryl's walkie talkie specifically? Was the one he was using in the fuel truck Abraham & Sasha's?

Oh yeah - fuel truck plus RPGs? That's gotta happen! Either they'll use the truck and RPG to blast a bunch of those alleyway walkers (lure them away a bit first - honk the horn), or they'll use them at Alexandria. The trouble there is damaging the walls in the explosions ... so perhaps it might be more likely in resucing Glenn. Perhaps we'll finally get an answer to the Glenn situation next week!

Speaking of the fuel truck - those folks clearly thought it was going to be in that fenced off area of that building ... but it wasn't ... so who moved the truck into the burnt bit of the forest and hid it?

Clearly these folks aren't part of the Wolves - that's my guess, at least.

My theory:

I think that maybe The Wolves will get into a ruck with Team Rick, but The Wolves will be snuffed out by whoever these other folks are - and at that point we'll get introduced to Negan ... so this new gang of folks is Negan's group. That's what I'm thinking. Kind of like "If you thought The Wolves were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet!"

Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Aye, they've done it before, but sometimes it can just act as a nice bit of mirroring - the burned up walker with the helmet was also a biker (how rank, yet totally awesome, was that walker by the way?!)

Also - the glass house walkers - a very cool idea and quite effective.

Solid all-rounder there, kind of an in-between episode. I think these next two are going to throw some major stuff in our faces again as we've had a bit of a breather these last three weeks relatively speaking. I dug the little teases we got of this new group, who feel quite rich already - as in, richly drawn - they want out, but they don't trust Daryl enough and screw him over (they'll regret that, I hope ), but the goons were also well organised and had explicit instructions that they followed. There's organisation and skills behind these new people ... so these will be the seeds of a future conflict.

TWD 6x06 Memes:

Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Nov-2015 at 03:56 PM.

UK
    Bit of a filler episode but I enjoyed it none the less. I have to disagree with Minion about the greenhouse walkers I thought that was a bit silly, and to survive this long and die to those walkers in that way was daft.

Also comic spoilers related to this episode.

Did anybody catch the name of the gentleman who is now in the ownership of crossbow……. ……………..Dwight..............i'm off to do some ironing!

Administrator

England
    An enjoyable episode!

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Kind of have to wonder why didn't the other survivors from around that area find those rocket grenades and the launcher? You would think that they would have already looted most of the useful stuff found more easily at hand, and these weapons were right there in the open, ready for the taking.

Indeed! And those cigars looked in rather good condition assuming they'd been outside for quite sometime!?

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also - the glass house walkers - a very cool idea and quite effective.
    I have to agree with DayOfTheZ on this one... I kind of groaned as blondie died at their hands...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Well ... the execution of getting Tina to fall on them was a bit silly, but generally I dug the idea of the glasshouse walkers. The people must have sought refuge in the glasshouse during the forest fire and either died as a result of the glass - or more likely the smoke - and then the glass melted on top of them and sealed them in until they were awoken by the movement. The glass would be fairly frail, and it was on soil, so I can't imagine that would be much of a seal ... but the way the scene played out practically - as in, Tina falling on them - was clunky. Aside from that the glasshouse walkers were cool.

As for the military walker hanging off the bridge - how do we know any of the other folk had been that way? Nor do we know how long that walker had been hanging there, it might not have been quite as long as you might think ... a while, but not necessarily that long ... I was more confused by how you could get impaled on a fence post and slung out over the edge of the bridge. Nifty scene, though.

I dug that walker trapped in the conference room - his little note on the whiteboard, his face smushing against the glass ... and a bit of time to dive into Abraham's off-centre behaviour of late.

On infidelity/comics related:

Seems Sasha might take the place of Holly in terms of the comics, but whether Abe's advances will be reciprocated is another thing ... poor Rosita.

Ireland
    Pretty meh filler episode.

Best thing about this was the pretty blond girl, who died about 20 seconds after I said to myself that the "...best thing about this was the pretty blond girl."

Good makeup again, but I really didn't care too much for what was going on here, apart from the introduction to what I presume is

Negan's lot.

Also, Did Daryl, the blond haired guy and the two girls just walk away from the guys who spotted them in the burned out woods? What was going on there? The gang clearly saw them and they just sort of buggered off.

That was a weirdly handled scene.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    That was a weird episode.

I'm interested to know why there was a random ambush out on the road like that. And only 20 miles away from Alexandria? Clearly not the Wolves. Likely a group on the move. Our little crew is not battle ready for something like that. Should be fun to see how it progresses. Though, again, I'm sick of the human vs. human conflict taking away from the survival vs. zombies conflict.

While I actually enjoyed the episode I found most of it was handled very badly. Why would Sasha and Abe hole up like that? And why didn't they see signs of pursuit by the people angry at their comrades and vehicle being shot up? Why would blondie threaten to kill Daryl just to get the bike? And why would he take the crossbow? And why would Daryl give him anything knowing the guy was against killing. The little group had formed a bit of a kinship and they seemed to share similar "good-guy" world views. They could've parted on more equitable terms. The whole interaction seemed off.

I'm pretty sick of the foreshadowing. They are taking it past the point of jerking us around. I'm pretty braced for them killing someone, but in typical TWD style they are being tricksy over who or how. I expect they will serve up a surprise improbable death.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    That was a weird episode.

I'm interested to know why there was a random ambush out on the road like that. And only 20 miles away from Alexandria?
    Yes... I wondered how the two groups hadn't bumped into each other...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Also, Did Daryl, the blond haired guy and the two girls just walk away from the guys who spotted them in the burned out woods? What was going on there? The gang clearly saw them and they just sort of buggered off.

That was a weirdly handled scene.
    Slightly odd staging, yes, but once spotted they then ran further into the woods and found a hiding spot - then one of their guys got bitten and had to have his arm amputated - and one of the gang specifically said that they were calling off the search because their orders were explicit in that they weren't to expend too much time and energy (and risk) on their mission, which was to track these escaped folks down.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I'm interested to know why there was a random ambush out on the road like that. And only 20 miles away from Alexandria? Clearly not the Wolves. Likely a group on the move. Our little crew is not battle ready for something like that. Should be fun to see how it progresses. Though, again, I'm sick of the human vs. human conflict taking away from the survival vs. zombies conflict.

While I actually enjoyed the episode I found most of it was handled very badly. Why would Sasha and Abe hole up like that? And why didn't they see signs of pursuit by the people angry at their comrades and vehicle being shot up? Why would blondie threaten to kill Daryl just to get the bike? And why would he take the crossbow? And why would Daryl give him anything knowing the guy was against killing. The little group had formed a bit of a kinship and they seemed to share similar "good-guy" world views. They could've parted on more equitable terms. The whole interaction seemed off.
    It seems to be that the ambush wasn't intended for Team Rick - I think the ambush was staged by a group of folks who were in cahoots with the Tina trio (this might explain why the "Patty" the fuel truck wasn't where it was supposed to be, but was still hidden elsewhere). The ambushers thought that Daryl on his bike and the car behind him were goons from whoever this other group is.

I think it's good to have a mix of human and zombie conflict in this show. Just one or the other would eventually get stale and boring, and in many ways both of them happening simultaneously can help open up added storytelling avenues for these plots - when it rains, it pours ... when our gang is at their weakest and most vulnerable, that's when things really start getting out of hand (and therefore challenging for our well seasoned survivors).

Sasha and Abraham holed up because, as Sasha said, the best way to be found by a tracker is to stay put. Therefore they needed to find a safe shelter, but left various clues (e.g. muddy footprints, "Dixon" scrawled on the door to their hideout) that would lead Daryl to them. Otherwise if you had them all moving around they'd very easily miss each other, or end up chasing each other's tails when there's no time to lose.

Why would he take the crossbow? It's another weapon in a world where you need weapons - and it makes the person you take it from weaker and less likely to survive (and therefore come back for revenge). If you're going to screw over someone in the ZA world, you're going to want to make sure they're dead (or, if you're averse to killing humans as that guy evidently was, leave them as defenceless as possible).

The guy may be against killing, but he's got a loaded gun and the drop on Daryl - he fired a warning shot and the pair of them seemed much more desperate in that moment (Stockholm Syndrome working overtime for them? They've fled wherever they came from, but it's gone tits up and they're heading back with their tail between their legs). In many ways I rather liked that they screwed over Daryl because it undermines the trust they'd seemingly built up. Daryl is promising something that, frankly, would seem like nothing more than a lie to those two - Team Rick were exceptionally wary when Aaron was leading them in. They've known Daryl for a matter of hours and that's it. He may have fought beside them and brought back the insulin, but that doesn't give you a full picture - and if you're tired, hungry, scared, and have lost a member of your group, something familiar (that you've fled) might very well seem like a better option than running off with a very rough-around-the-edges stranger who seems rather capable to go and run away to what might as well be Candyland in the clouds.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Nov-2015 at 04:22 PM.