Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 6x07 "Heads Up" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Staredge View Post
    I want to see the outtake reel when she says Shane instead of Lori. You know it had to happen.

My thought on the cliffhanger:

Carl loses an eye
    I agree with your spoiler.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Seeing Glenn drag himself under the dumpster, in practice, fully satisfied me. I did wonder about Glenn's legs - seeing as they weren't covered by Nicholas, who was lying across Glenn - but upon further examination of the scene you can see that the walkers are packed in so tight they couldn't even eat Glenn's legs if they wanted to. The entire epicentre of their focus - and accessible food - is Nicholas' torn open belly.
    It is not just the legs. His chest, arms and face are also exposed to all those zombies staring down and looking for chow. There is just no way that so many of them could have missed a living person down there making noises and crawling. Realistically speaking, Glenn should have been bit and scratched while he crawled under the dumpster.

As for the window: a big old kick in the nuts, for sure - and I believe that's why Glenn pauses for a moment. There had been covering over it, and you might not have noticed it when running away from those walkers. You'd be wanting to stay outside and able to move elsewhere than get trapped inside an unknown building - so Glenn wouldn't be looking at that as an option - and by the time it might be it's too damn late.
    Hard to miss such an opportunity like an open window, specially when you are desperately looking for an exit anywhere.

And outside is where the horde is, not inside any building. Any person in his right mind would take his chances with whatever might be inside that building than having to certainly face dozens and dozens of zombies coming at you from all sides if you remain outside.

As for the door: the wood boarding it up was placed on the outside. Glenn kicked it out from the inside of the building with plenty of room (and no pressure of impending doom) to kick it off. You wouldn't have been able to kick that wood cover down. You would have had to pry it open - and with what? They had no crow bar.
    That chipboard must have been held up only by a couple of nails, it was hardly barred or blocked at all. All it took was a lousy kick/push to bring it crashing down. Two average fellows like Nicholas and Glenn could have taken it out from the outside by grabbing the corners or sides and pulling, no crowbar needed. Just get a good grip of any loose corner or side and apply some good ol' elbow grease. That flimsy board would either have come off or broken in pieces. Either way, you have a ticket into the building.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post

As soon as I saw Glenn knock down the 1/4 inch flimsy particle board I figured JDP was fist pumping in the air.
    I was making Arsenio Hall look like an amateur!
    Last edited by JDP; 24-Nov-2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: typo

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I agree with your spoiler.
    I also agree with Staredge's comics spoiler/show theory ...

whether they really will or not remains to be seen, as there would be permanent CGI use for any shot showing that part of his face ... ... until he puts the glasses on, that is, in which case it'd be make up applied every day. I suppose it's do-able, and it would certainly be a big shock for the closing seconds of the mid-season finale.

As for my Judith theory ... I have no idea how or why she'd be at risk, or how such a scene would play out, all I'm saying is I just got a bad feeling about it ... but TWD knows how to throw around a good red herring or two now and then. Anything could happen!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Nov-2015 at 09:33 AM.

United States
    I also agree with Staredge's comics spoiler/show theory ...

whether they really will or not remains to be seen, as there would be permanent CGI use for any shot showing that part of his face ... ... until he puts the glasses on, that is, in which case it'd be make up applied every day. I suppose it's do-able, and it would certainly be a big shock for the closing seconds of the mid-season finale.

As for my Judith theory ... I have no idea how or why she'd be at risk, or how such a scene would play out, all I'm saying is I just got a bad feeling about it ... but TWD knows how to throw around a good red herring or two now and then. Anything could happen!
    I hope Judith survives for the long run. It excites me to think of what a child born into this dark world would eventually turn into. What her mindset would be. They kept her alive this long might as well go for the long haul.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Argh! Now you come to mention it there were a couple of lines about her, and scenes, where she was superfluous! So where they building up to something else! Damn you MZ! Do I smell a young lad with a gun and stolen bullets involved?

That said, we've got a thousand zombies pouring through the fence next episode so surely that's going to be the story line?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Argh! Now you come to mention it there were a couple of lines about her, and scenes, where she was superfluous! So where they building up to something else! Damn you MZ! Do I smell a young lad with a gun and stolen bullets involved?

That said, we've got a thousand zombies pouring through the fence next episode so surely that's going to be the story line?
    There's so many possibilities as to what might happen in the next episode!!! All of them involving an absolute arse-load of walkers! What a time to be a zombie fan!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I have added screencaps from this episode to my website at http://www.zombiejunkyard.com
    I also have a message board, facebook group, twitter page, along with a lot of other stuff on it..
    I am adding to it every day and take recommendations to add to it also...
    thanks everybody... love this forum and keep the discussions alive...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieJunkyard View Post
    I have added screencaps from this episode to my website at http://www.zombiejunkyard.com
    I also have a message board, facebook group, twitter page, along with a lot of other stuff on it..
    I am adding to it every day and take recommendations to add to it also...
    thanks everybody... love this forum and keep the discussions alive...
    Welcome aboard. This is a great place with some great zombieminded folk.

England
    I really enjoyed this in the end (made the mistake of watching it first time around after drink had been taken again).
    Still feel like it was a cheat on the audience overall. It's the 2nd time they've tried the is he/isn't he dead distraction in 3 seasons.

Good discussion about the episode here

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/twd-a...WD-AC-S6E7.mp3

And they're Brits.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 28-Nov-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: T
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I really enjoyed this in the end (made the mistake of watching it first time around after drink had been taken again).
    Still feel like it was a cheat on the audience overall. It's the 2nd time they've tried the is he/isn't he dead distraction in 3 seasons.

Good discussion about the episode here

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/twd-a...WD-AC-S6E7.mp3

And they're Brits.
    They've done it with Carol in season 3, Judith in 4, and now Glenn is season 6.

Eh, the comics did it with Tyreese and Andrea too. Maybe not as annoying but it was there nonetheless.

Super Moderator

UK
    They've done it with Carol in season 3, Judith in 4, and now Glenn is season 6.

Eh, the comics did it with Tyreese and Andrea too. Maybe not as annoying but it was there nonetheless.
    I wouldn't say that's an overused conceit, and you've got to have some mystery in this world - one such mystery in this world would be not knowing if someone is alive or not. They've had other mysteries along the way though, such as 'will Carol come back after being banished?' in Season 4.

United States
    I wouldn't say that's an overused conceit, and you've got to have some mystery in this world - one such mystery in this world would be not knowing if someone is alive or not. They've had other mysteries along the way though, such as 'will Carol come back after being banished?' in Season 4.
    I personally don't think the Glenn story was a bad idea, I just think it worked better on paper. Social Media pretty much killed any mystery.

I will say, though.... Glenn's return was done pretty well given the circumstances. They kept it simple.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 28-Nov-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: ....

Super Moderator

UK
    I personally don't think the Glenn story was a bad idea, I just think it worked better on paper. Social Media pretty much killed any mystery.

I will say, though.... Glenn's return was done pretty well given the circumstances. They kept it simple.
    Yeah. I saw a paparazzi photo of Steven Yeun filming a scene that hadn't yet aired, a few days after I saw 6x03 ... so whether Glenn was alive or dead vanished, but the mystery was when he'd come back and how he'd escape alive.

But yeah, I was pleased with how they covered the scene - it worked out quite well, I think. We've seen some narrow escapes before, so it's not unheard of in the show.

Ireland
    I thought it was pants myself. The writers essentially "Flash Gordon'd" Glenn's death.

Poor writing and a cheap attempt at a "water cooler" moment is all it ends up being. The worst thing of all is that it was completely and utterly unnecessary.

It's good that Glenn's still alive, cos he's one of the better characters in the show, but the shitty attempt at "drama" could have been left aside.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I thought it was pants myself. The writers essentially "Flash Gordon'd" Glenn's death.

Poor writing and a cheap attempt at a "water cooler" moment is all it ends up being. The worst thing of all is that it was completely and utterly unnecessary.

It's good that Glenn's still alive, cos he's one of the better characters in the show, but the shitty attempt at "drama" could have been left aside.
    But I love Flash Gordon!