Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TWD 6x08 "Start to Finish" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK
    A quick note on the "Into The Badlands" issue:

That show went from 5.1m (ITB 1x03 following TWD 6x08) to 2.4m (ITB 1x04 with no TWD episode to be linked to).

Hardly surprising. I wonder what 1x05 got - did it drop further, or has it found it's actual core audience number?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A quick note on the "Into The Badlands" issue:

That show went from 5.1m (ITB 1x03 following TWD 6x08) to 2.4m (ITB 1x04 with no TWD episode to be linked to).

Hardly surprising. I wonder what 1x05 got - did it drop further, or has it found it's actual core audience number?
    AMC deserved this. That was a cheap move they pulled on us TWD and TD fans.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    AMC deserved this. That was a cheap move they pulled on us TWD and TD fans.
    Agreed.

I understand the decision to try that scheduling setup - but the amount of annoyance caused to fans (of their two biggest hitters, no less), and the ill will that was caused, was not a proportionate cost in any way - and I personally think it was a really dumb move on AMC's part, one that I'd hope they won't make again. It even screwed over Comic Book Men fans (yes, there's not many of us, but I'm one of them) with three episodes getting shafted to 2016 when they should have aired in November.

2.4m is still a solid figure and it generally did pretty well, but it just goes to show how uncommitted to ITB those additional millions of viewers were. They only stuck around for the TWD content and not ITB.

Doing it for one episode - the premiere episode of ITB - you can almost figure as being okay (e.g. if ITB was going to have a normal air date of Monday night - so you kick off with a one-two premiere Sunday/Monday night with a one off wedge between TWD and TD) ... but three episodes? Not to mention the last three episodes before Xmas, including the mid-season finale? What a bone-headed decision!

They might have sucked up a little extra cash in those three weeks, but it ain't worth the trouble and disrespects the fans of your biggest (and most profitable) draw.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 14-Dec-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Agreed.

I understand the decision to try that scheduling setup - but the amount of annoyance caused to fans (of their two biggest hitters, no less), and the ill will that was caused, was not a proportionate cost in any way - and I personally think it was a really dumb move on AMC's part, one that I'd hope they won't make again. It even screwed over Comic Book Men fans (yes, there's not many of us, but I'm one of them) with three episodes getting shafted to 2016 when they should have aired in November.

2.4m is still a solid figure and it generally did pretty well, but it just goes to show how uncommitted to ITB those additional millions of viewers were. They only stuck around for the TWD content and not ITB.

Doing it for one episode - the premiere episode of ITB - you can almost figure as being okay (e.g. if ITB was going to have a normal air date of Monday night - so you kick off with a one-two premiere Sunday/Monday night with a one off wedge between TWD and TD) ... but three episodes? Not to mention the last three episodes before Xmas, including the mid-season finale? What a bone-headed decision!

They might have sucked up a little extra cash in those three weeks, but it ain't worth the trouble and disrespects the fans of your biggest (and most profitable) draw.
    Unfortunately, the new show is paying for AMC's aggressive pushiness. I hope they learned the lesson and stop intruding on other shows just to promote new shows. It is not a good idea. Let new shows stand on their own. If they are good, they will eventually gather a following. No need to be so intrusive on other already successful shows with a large audience.