Thread: Signed books from John Russo & cast of Night of the Living Dead!Question about price!

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Question Signed books from John Russo & cast of Night of the Living Dead!Question about price!

Hey there, I've never been on this forum or used any other forums to be honest, but I recently had to pack up my room because I was moving and found two different books that are by John Romero (and it mentions a George Romero as the director of Night of the Living dead in the preface) and I have no idea how I came upon them. One is "Night of the Living Dead" and the other is "Return of the Living Dead." The night of the living dead is signed by John Russo (the author), Judith O'Dea (who shows as Barbara in the movie), and Bill Hinzman (who plays Zombie #1). The return of the living dead is signed by John Russo. Both books are in mint condition - no creases in the spine of the book, no bent pages or corners of the book. The only damage to either one is light wear and tear of the color on the spines from storage of the books.

I have never come upon anything like this, and the few people that I have told have offered me three completely different prices to buy them off of me before I even considered selling them. However, after thinking about it I know someone could appreciate these books much more than myself and I am okay letting them go, but I have no idea about the rarity of these books or what they are truthfully worth.

If anyone could help me with any information, I would greatly appreciate your help!!!

IMG_4736.jpgIMG_4737.jpgIMG_4738.jpgIMG_4739.jpgIMG_4740.jpg

Administrator

England
    Poor "Chris"... Suspect he's missing those.

As regards their value, I'd imagine keep a close eye on (similar) items on ebay going through?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    They are niche market items. Typically autographed books do not go for as much as say a poster or image as you can hang those guys up. A rule of thumb for the starting point would be the value of the book plus the value of the autographs. With Judity O'Day and Russo they are about twenty bucks at a con. Heinzman is a little harder because he passed away. At the low end it would be the book value plus probably sixty bucks for the three.

You might be able to find somebody that would pay more, but I doubt it is loads more.