Thread: Fear TWD Series 1 DVD

England

Fear TWD Series 1 DVD

Just got the UK DVD set of series 1 - very disappointed that there's only 6mins of naff Bonus material. No outtakes nor the Dead on a Plane thing.
    Still at least the quality is a whole lot better than my dodgy downloads...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Just got the UK DVD set of series 1 - very disappointed that there's only 6mins of naff Bonus material. No outtakes nor the Dead on a Plane thing.
    Still at least the quality is a whole lot better than my dodgy downloads...
    Hmmm! That doens't sound very good. I hope the US version didn't have extra content then!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Nah, I think the release in general was shafted in all territories when it came to extra content.

A Look at the Series (1080p, 4:11): A brief look at the series' timeframe, setting, characters, and trials.
    Inside the Characters of Fear the Walking Dead (1080p, 2:55): A cursory main character overview.
    I've not bought it myself - yet (it is a good show that I rather enjoyed) - but I was very disappointed to see how shoddy the release was in terms of extras! Twenty quid for six episodes and bugger all extras? You're having a laugh, ain't ya?

The aeroplane thingy - has that finished airing? I didn't bother watching it, or try keeping up with it, because of the absolutely, catastrophically, idiotic decision to show it in a bunch of teeny-weeny fragments. Once it turns up somewhere in its complete form I'll certainly watch it - but yes, considering the tie-in to Season 2 it's strange they didn't include it on the disc!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Dec-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Undisclosed
    I received the blu ray on the release date. I too was disappointed with the special features. There really isn't much. That being said; maybe it's my imagination but the picture quality seems to be much better than TWD blu rays I have. I watched all six episodes and have a greater appreciation for the show after watching it again. I do wish they had some information on the Dead on the Plane. I'm actually masochistic enough to watch every little segment they have every weekend. I believe the new character to the show is going either be the teenager or the Asian woman (who could be a doctor?) PLEASE; AMC!!! No more teenagers on this show!! I'm totally done with teen angst!!

Super Moderator

UK
    The Walking Dead is filmed in 16mm - hence the grain in the picture, which adds a nice bit of earthy grit to proceedings - whereas Fear The Walking Dead is shot digitally, so everything is "clean" and it has it's own look. The 16mm film image is still just as sharp in HD, it's just that it has more texture - and, to me, more life.

I expect TWD to continue using 16mm film to maintain its look. I'd hate it if they ever switched (Dexter's first season was shot on film IIRC, and when they switched to digital in season 2 it just looked awful), but I'm fine with Fear being digital as that's what it was at the beginning. I'll be happy as long as they maintain the look of each show as it was intended to be from the start.