Thread: I usually never watch Chicago Fire, but...

United States

I usually never watch Chicago Fire, but...

today I did because my girlfriend watches it and I watched it with her. I also watched Chicago Med right before it (I don't watch that either). It was on one of those two shows, but I am pretty sure it was Chicago Fire, two chicks are in the paramedic vehicle going to a call, and one says to the other something like "yeah my ex-boyfriend likes zombies, you know, that Romero stuff"! Thought it was cool that they just threw that in there...it had nothing to do whatsoever with the episode.

United States
    I don't watch many of those sort of shows, but that is rather neat. What I find most surprising is the fact that they actually mentioned Romero, rather than referencing any of the more modern and popular films and shows out there.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    I don't watch many of those sort of shows, but that is rather neat. What I find most surprising is the fact that they actually mentioned Romero, rather than referencing any of the more modern and popular films and shows out there.
    Agreed. My girlfriend and I both made like a 'hey' noise, and then I asked her something like "do you think Romero is well known enough to where a mass audience like this will even know what that reference is?" to which she replied yes, but I dont think he is that well known. If that jeopardy question had been, which director directed the movie Night of the Living Dead, I would not have been shocked if no one rang in (although I wouldnt be shocked if someone knew, either).