Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun 2 (film)

Administrator

England

Top Gun 2 (film)

As long as the jets are real say Tom - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72473

Tom setting the record straight on whether he will reprise his role as Maverick, “If I can figure it out, if all of us can figure it out, it’d be fun to do, I’d like to fly those jets again.” Cruise continued, “But we got to do all the jets practical, no CGI on the jets…I’m saying right now no CGI on the jets, if we can figure all that out and the Department of Defense will allow us to do it, that would be fun.”
    Wonder if they could even get the insurance!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "The jets have to be real. And I have to be hanging from the back of them by a dog chain that's wrapped around my testicles. Breaking the sound barrier."

I seem to remember HPotD collectively hating on Top Gun in the past, but I'm a supporter of the flick. I've always really enjoyed it. I'll no doubt see a sequel, but I wish Tony Scott was still around to see it through.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I seem to remember HPotD collectively hating on Top Gun in the past, but I'm a supporter of the flick. I've always really enjoyed it. I'll no doubt see a sequel, but I wish Tony Scott was still around to see it through.
    Ugh, on your advice, I watched the first/only one. Well, as much as I could get through. I just didn't get it. And I can't blame it on hate of Tom Cruise, because I didn't care for it back in the day, and I have actually liked a few movies he's done throughout the years, like Rain Man...
    And I actually liked Minority Report.
    And whoever edited TG must've done it with a chainsaw.
    I will say this. If they could get errbody back they could make some serious dough with it. That, or it'd be a glorious tanking. I'd have to look up who is all in it, but I bet Val Kilmer isn't busy. Might have to get on a diet, though. I don't really have a problem with it happening, I'd be curious how much love it gets at the box office. Not really sure what I'm saying, in the end, but am not trying to be wah wahhh trashing it. I did actually sit down and try to endure it. Besides, isn't he still busy squeezing the last drops out of Mission Impossible?
    Last edited by rongravy; 25-Jul-2015 at 11:44 PM. Reason: editing woes

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cruise posted the first image for the first day of filming. I honestly thought it was all just talk and they’d never really make the film....

https://instagram.com/p/BjbjBaRjE7H/...ource=ig_embed

Administrator

England
    Cruise posted the first image for the first day of filming. I honestly thought it was all just talk and they’d never really make the film....

https://instagram.com/p/BjbjBaRjE7H/...ource=ig_embed
    Yeh!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Tonally Top Gun is steeped so deep in 80's aesthetics and culture that any modern day sequel is going to have to be a very different type of film not to come off as ludicrous.

But sure, let's see what they do.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Tonally Top Gun is steeped so deep in 80's aesthetics and culture that any modern day sequel is going to have to be a very different type of film not to come off as ludicrous.

But sure, let's see what they do.
    Agreed! But jet planes!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Wow, it actually is happening, eh?

Ned makes a good point about the tone. Fingers crossed this turns out surprisingly good and not some awkward embarrassment.

Ireland
    Is Val coming back?

No way he'd fit into the cockpit of an F-14 these days, and that's a two seater.

#ihatetopgun
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Is Val coming back?

No way he'd fit into the cockpit of an F-14 these days, and that's a two seater.

#ihatetopgun
    You're not up to date. He's got cancer and is thin as a plank.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, unfortunately Kilmer isn’t looking good at all.

My biggest hope for TG2 is that they keep the main theme from the original. Hearing that 80’s goodness in theater gave me goosebumps when they did the re-release several years back.

With “Archer” having made popular use of “Danger Zone”, it makes me wonder if that will somehow be involved...

Ireland
    True. Last time I saw him he was the size of a house and I can't say I follow celeb news all that much.

Cancer eh? Ugh. I hate that bloody thing.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I thought he'd got past his cancer now?
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

With “Archer” having made popular use of “Danger Zone”, it makes me wonder if that will somehow be involved...
    The trailer will feature the song Danger Zone reimagened with a dramatic touch, overlayed with fade-in and outs of shots of Cruise and Jets. Mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I thought he'd got past his cancer now?
    Cancer doesn't work that way. You're not past your cancer until a few years after the last sign of any malignant cells.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 01-Jun-2018 at 07:16 PM. Reason: faddas

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The trailer will feature the song Danger Zone reimagened with a dramatic touch, overlayed with fade-in and outs of shots of Cruise and Jets. Mark my words.

Now I’m going to be let down if this doesn’t happen.

The recent Mission Impossible trailer used something similar to great effect. I’ve kind of lost interest in the MI series, but seeing that trailer on the big screen got me excited.