Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x09 "No Way Out" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Enjoyed it for the most part.
    Is no one else bothered by the glaring continuity issues?
    Light to dark instantly in the next scene is a bit jarring.
    Still a fun show though
    I was a bit confused why you'd go and look at the rear of a tanker, with just one guy, rather than two+? And indeed who stores stuff at the back of a tanker when you have a nice big cabin?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I was a bit confused why you'd go and look at the rear of a tanker, with just one guy, rather than two+? And indeed who stores stuff at the back of a tanker when you have a nice big cabin?
    1) The Saviour bike gang folks think they've got it all handled, they think they're hard as nails, they're arrogant.
    2) Exactly for these kind of situations, just in case - much like Glenn digging around for a gun in the church.

United States
    So I just read an article that pointed out a car in the background behind the bikers. Video shows its there. Someone watching this go down, or set error? hmmmm. A witness to that makes things interesting.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    So I just read an article that pointed out a car in the background behind the bikers. Video shows its there. Someone watching this go down, or set error? hmmmm. A witness to that makes things interesting.
    I've gone back and had a look - you mean the white-ish blur that's about a few pixels in size that's briefly in one shot just before the explosion?

If they'd intended for a vehicle to be in the shot they would have made a thing of it, and done so clearly enough for the audience to see it (perhaps even cut away to the viewpoint of a lurking vehicle witnessing the gang) ... but they don't, so I'll chalk that one up to a vehicle accidentally entering the shot waaaaaaay back there down the road.

It's possible that someone witnessed the explosion from afar, but just as equally possible nobody witnessed it from afar. I'm not saying it's impossible for that to have been the case - but this brief blur isn't an indication of that. If we see someone watching from afar it'll be in a later episode and perhaps with a whole scene dedicated to it in the cold open.

Why would the motorcycle gang have someone lurking around behind them in the distance? They're a capable gang of thugs, so I don't really think they'd need someone back there - and to what end, anyway? It's nowhere near enough information or screentime for it to have been deliberate - the viewer's eye simply isn't drawn to that tiny, fleeting blur of white in that one shot. A barely glimpsed blooper - that's my take on it, anyway.

Rising

United States
    Another thing that might not be very clear in this sequence: does anyone remember where they were keeping the RPG launcher? I can't remember if this was shown in the previous episode (it's been months since I've seen it.) If they were keeping it inside the truck, then how could Daryl retrieve it without being spotted by the bikers?
    Last edited by JDP; 16-Feb-2016 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo

Ireland
    Really enjoyed it, but did feel that the group somehow wiping out the entire horde felt a bit too unlikely?

P

Yeh. If it was that bloody easy, just do that in the first place?

A decent episode. That zombie smell business makes it lose points with me, of course. Kinda sorry to see the wolf guy go, he was a great character.

The opening was bloody great. Ha ha...go pixie hair man!

Eye candy eaten...oh well, at least there's still Maggie to eyeball.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Most dream-like episode of TWD ever!

Also one of the most "ooh, that was awesome" & most "oh dear, that's a bit rubbish" episodes as well.

Amazing ride though, and lot's new things to ponder now.

Oh, and...

"Bite, chew, swallow, repeat. It goes quicker."

Epic line.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 16-Feb-2016 at 11:46 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Another thing that might not be very clear in this sequence: does anyone remember where they were keeping the RPG launcher? I can't remember if this was shown in the previous episode (it's been months since I've seen it.) If they were keeping it inside the truck, then how could Daryl retrieve it without being spotted by the bikers?
    I don't recall what they did in 6A, but that tanker truck does have various storage boxes on its exterior - so I imagine they stashed the RPG in one of those at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yeh. If it was that bloody easy, just do that in the first place?
    It wasn't that easy though - when dawn came and they were all standing outside the infirmary they were all shattered. Plus, when pushed into an all-or-nothing situation, even your average human being is capable of great feats - moreso when you've got a whole squad versus an enemy that, while great in number, do not possess the agility or fighting abilities that a human possesses. It's also extraordinarily dangerous to take them on like that, but Rick was in full-on meltdown mode and just wanted to kill, kill, KILL. There was no other option but to back him up and go into beserker mode.

If it hadn't have been for Daryl's lake of fire, Rick & Co would have perished - perhaps not all, but some would certainly have fallen, perhaps many. Their backs were almost up against the wall before the giant eruption of flame turned the herd away from them - a great number of walkers burned, while many were taken out from behind in a more passive state (i.e. distracted by the flames, not going "OOH! FOOD! GIMME!")

Administrator

England
    Wouldn't a 10ton (gas) truck driving up and down the roads reduce the number of dead quite a bit?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Wouldn't a 10ton (gas) truck driving up and down the roads reduce the number of dead quite a bit?
    How do you mean? Like, running them over?

Perhaps not a great idea - remember how, albeit with no other choice but to charge through, the Cadillac (?) got buggered up by Glenn driving head on into a herd of walkers when they were heading to Alexandria for the first time? You could certainly create a sort of 'zombie snow plough' vehicle for such scenarios (how cool would that be?! - but it might be a bit too comic booky), but I took it that the fuel tanker took a slightly less populated route to the lake (the commotion in the region of the Infirmary having drawn the bulk of the walkers in that direction) - it seemed to me as if it was:

Fuel Tanker - Lake - Walkers - Infirmary - More Walkers - and Rick's Rampage (in terms of how things spaced out).

Plus, it made the most sense to use the fuel - create a big fire - draw the biggest number in one shot, rather than driving around knocking down a handful of walkers at a time. Go for broke and attract the masses was the best option to take - and the most spectacular.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 17-Feb-2016 at 04:08 PM.

United States
    I find it quite interesting how Daryl suffered that wound on the left side of his back; clipping one of his famous wings. Not to mention how Sasha went out of her way to further acknowledge it. Seems to be a bit more foreshadowing to Daryl's future considering what they did in "Always Accountable", however, they have been foreshadowing with Daryl since season 4 so take it for what it is.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    How do you mean? Like, running them over?

Perhaps not a great idea - remember how, albeit with no other choice but to charge through, the Cadillac (?) got buggered up by Glenn driving head on into a herd of walkers when they were heading to Alexandria for the first time? You could certainly create a sort of 'zombie snow plough' vehicle for such scenarios (how cool would that be?! - but it might be a bit too comic booky), but I took it that the fuel tanker took a slightly less populated route to the lake (the commotion in the region of the Infirmary having drawn the bulk of the walkers in that direction) - it seemed to me as if it was:

Fuel Tanker - Lake - Walkers - Infirmary - More Walkers - and Rick's Rampage (in terms of how things spaced out).

Plus, it made the most sense to use the fuel - create a big fire - draw the biggest number in one shot, rather than driving around knocking down a handful of walkers at a time. Go for broke and attract the masses was the best option to take - and the most spectacular.
    Yeh! Alight smart arse!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I find it quite interesting how Daryl suffered that wound on the left side of his back; clipping one of his famous wings. Not to mention how Sasha went out of her way to further acknowledge it. Seems to be a bit more foreshadowing to Daryl's future considering what they did in "Always Accountable", however, they have been foreshadowing with Daryl since season 4 so take it for what it is.
    It is good to see, whether foreshadowing or not, that even the big hitters get wounded. They've made it this far into the apocalypse, so they're not going to go down easily - they're hard edged survivors, not wannabes or shrinking violets, they know the rules of the game and they play hard for keeps ... but they do get into sticky situations, so it's good to see that they're not impregnable.

Glenn's been having some very close calls this season - he's rapidly making his way through those nine lives ... I'd be surprised if Glenn survived Season 6, but I also want the O.G. TWD cast members to be killed very sparingly (for the above reasons), but also because whoever makes it 'to the end' of the apocalypse has been there since the beginning, and we need to have Season 1 cast members there when the show finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh! Alight smart arse!

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Glenn's been having some very close calls this season - he's rapidly making his way through those nine lives ... I'd be surprised if Glenn survived Season 6, but I also want the O.G. TWD cast members to be killed very sparingly (for the above reasons), but also because whoever makes it 'to the end' of the apocalypse has been there since the beginning, and we need to have Season 1 cast members there when the show finishes.

Glenn has been avoiding very close calls since quite before. He avoided falling down to the bottom of a well with a hungry bloated zombie eagerly waiting for a snack, he escaped the zombie invasion of the remains of the prison, he avoided being overwhelmed by zombies in a tunnel, he avoided having his head bashed in by cannibals, he avoided being killed by zombies at the revolving door. Then all that happened this season. This dude has an incredible streak of luck! I wonder if he is going to run out of it anytime soon?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    This dude has an incredible streak of luck! I wonder if he is going to run out of it anytime soon?
    My personal feeling is yes - I'd be surprised (but not saddened) if Glenn made it out of Season 6 alive.