Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWD 6x09 "No Way Out" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    My personal feeling is yes - I'd be surprised (but not saddened) if Glenn made it out of Season 6 alive.
    I see him going a little further at this point.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Really enjoyed it, but did feel that the group somehow wiping out the entire horde felt a bit too unlikely?

P
    Yes! Thank you!

I watched the episode last night and I definitely enjoyed it. But I hated the zombie slaughterfest. The show was doing a very good job of making the zombie threat real, which is something they desperately needed to do. And then... in a mere 10 minutes... they completely marginalized the zombies.

I totally thought Michonne was gonna go pull Rick back from certain death. Not join him. And then the entire town joining in... blah. And Glenn being close to death and surviving. And Daryl, Abe, Sasha showing up just then. And the zombies walking into the fire lake... and not one person dying for that rash set of actions. It kinda reached my WTF point.

All said and done it was a very unsatisfying resolution to having a large group zombie threat. It turns out all you had to do was piss off Rick enough. I was really enjoying that aspect of their situation and I'd have enjoyed the town being handicapped with walkers for a few more episodes. More of a slow-burn as they try to deal with it.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Yes! Thank you!

I watched the episode last night and I definitely enjoyed it. But I hated the zombie slaughterfest. The show was doing a very good job of making the zombie threat real, which is something they desperately needed to do. And then... in a mere 10 minutes... they completely marginalized the zombies.

I totally thought Michonne was gonna go pull Rick back from certain death. Not join him. And then the entire town joining in... blah. And Glenn being close to death and surviving. And Daryl, Abe, Sasha showing up just then. And the zombies walking into the fire lake... and not one person dying for that rash set of actions. It kinda reached my WTF point.

All said and done it was a very unsatisfying resolution to having a large group zombie threat. It turns out all you had to do was piss off Rick enough. I was really enjoying that aspect of their situation and I'd have enjoyed the town being handicapped with walkers for a few more episodes. More of a slow-burn as they try to deal with it.
    I hear ya Trin. I too want the walkers to be a menacing threat. Right when they establish it again they shut it down. My take on Rick going out was a vengeance/suicide mission. Its just not survivable. It shouldn't be anyway. But I think the writers were showing us that the walkers were backing the group into a wall and would overwhelm them. Then the fire lake saved the day. I found a way to accept that explanation.

I wish for a scene to show the walkers as friggin piranha. Take down a live victim and don't stop until bones are left. No distraction from the feast. A camera shot of the Anderson family as blood stained skeletons would have been fantastic.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    But I think the writers were showing us that the walkers were backing the group into a wall and would overwhelm them. Then the fire lake saved the day. I found a way to accept that explanation.
    Yes, ultimately I agree with this. The writers gave the sense that the group was doomed were it not for the epic timing of Daryl/Abe/Sasha's return. So it's not as simple as them deciding to go bash some heads -> problem solved.

My irritation then becomes two-fold:
    - The "zombie parade" idea seems a little extra stupid when seeing how effective the "pissed off mayhem" strategy was. Imagine if they'd planned it ... fire to distract, elevated machine guns for crowd control, and a slowly retreating melee line.
    - If you're gonna go spontaneously bucka-wow on the shamblers, that's fine, but don't sell me that the general populace is going to do this senselessly just because Rick is enraged enough, and his cohorts are blindly loyal enough, to do so. At least have the others do it intelligently. Draw some off ... use the environment for cover/defense ... grab things to use as body armor/protection ... make a concerted rush for the armory. Anything!

By the way ... all of my gripes are made up for by the very legitimate possibility that Eugene could bag Rosita as a result of his heroism.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.