Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/22/63

United States
    things got pretty hectic for the wife and i during the process of moving to a new house, and i decided to put this show off until i had a day or two on my hands to binge the whole shebang in short order.

just finished it yesterday, and while there were parts that strayed from the novel a bit too much, the show still hit all the right notes and really finished strong. the ending to the show was nearly identical to the book, and it was maybe even more of an emotional gut-punch at times. i actually shed a tear or two during the final scene, and have decided to re-read the book since it's been a few years.

probably one of the best adaptations of king's work, easily 100 times more engaging and entertaining that under the dome, which was utter shit after about 6 episodes. definitely worth a look if you've not got around to it yet.

Super Moderator

UK
    I knew I'd forgotten to post something here on HPOTD - yes, I watched 11/22/63 recently as it hit UK shores, and I quite enjoyed it. Not perfect, it has to be said, and at times it felt a little bit like a network TV show that was allowed to swear (as in, it felt as if writers from the strictures of network TV were adapting it, as opposed to those working for cable or the likes of HBO) ... but that aside, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Certain elements felt a bit hokey and predictable, while others posed some really interesting questions. Overall I think it started stronger than it finished, but at just 8 episodes for the whole thing it rarely dawdled and was quite a lot of fun for the most part. Some really interesting ideas, and the 60s setting was fascinating to see from a 2010's perspective.

I agree about the "Under The Dome" TV series - it was utter shite. Poorly written, dragged out over far too many episodes ... tiresome all-round. "11/22/63" on the other hand was a gargantuan improvement by comparison, and a solid effort in general that I enjoyed watching.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 16-Jul-2016 at 10:39 AM.