Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x11 "Knots Untie" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 6x11 "Knots Untie" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 6x11 "Knots Untie" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
    Written by: Matthew Negrete & Channing Powell

United States
    I swear if someone trips and hurts their ankle this week....
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    A softer episode this time around, as I'd figured we'd get around about now - but nonetheless full of information and things happening.

It's interesting, as a reader of the comics, to see various plot threads appearing to be set up for future stories (both short and long term) - but whether they follow those threads as they happen in the comics will be interesting to see. What tweaks will be made? Will expected big events play out exactly as they do on the page? Time shall tell.

More little details to love in this episode - e.g. everyone giving little looks when they saw Rick and Michonne all post-porking, hehe, and that moment where Daryl looks at the ultrasound picture and there's just a fleeting smile that crosses his face. He lets his guard down a little bit. We don't really see Daryl laugh - at least not outright - and he rarely smiles. The best you tend to get is a smirk - although 1x06 is the exception that proves the rule (when Daryl was drunk with everyone else in the CDC).

Lots of Abraham stuff in this episode ... I'm wondering if we'll be saying goodbye to his character soon. Get some character development and you get the chop, as the meme goes.

Good to see some serious Maggie stuff this time around, eyeing her up for leadership duties and taking a bigger role in proceedings. I loved that Rick deferred to her for the trade talks with Gregory - speaking of whom, what a dick! Good casting though, and just the sort of arse that the character is in the comics, so I think they've established that character well. I hope to see more Maggie/Gregory face offs in the future.

LOVED the moment when Rick took out Ethan and got covered in blood and just went "What?" when the Hilltoppers were all gawping at him. That's how Rick says hello, heh!

The group is definitely going into this Negan situation with some arrogance. I think seeing Alexandria and now the Hilltoppers - and having gone through so much shit, and various villains - they're a bit cocky, they're in danger of thinking of themselves as the big swinging todgers of the zombie apocalypse ... there's the pride, so I'm expecting a fall.

Also - another classic bit of Abraham chit-chat with the whole 'bisquik' thing.

How they chart a course through an impending onslaught of new characters will be interesting to behold. Expect a lot of background fodder - but what else can you realistically do? You've got your main players, and your supporting folks, so beyond that it's gonna be red shirts - it's the only way you can realistically do it ... so expect a fair bit of that in the future. However, new key players means older ones have the guilotine hanging overhead. It'll be interesting to see how they balance it all out and give everyone enough time.

TWD 6x11 Memes:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2016/...king-dead.html

Last edited by MinionZombie; 29-Feb-2016 at 04:13 PM.

United States
    I'm loving the pacing so far in this back half. They wasted no time in getting to the Hilltop. They could have easily dragged out their trip to get there but they didn't. I'm also glad that Rick's classic "What?" made it into the show. Abraham's side story doesn't seem to have a happy ending; I hope I'm wrong.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Rick's "what" line was rather nice. This group has been there done that. Though I gotta say, Michonne was a tad slow in protecting Rick. Maybe the group was a tad gun shy trying to not set a bad impression with Hilltoppers and that caused the hesitation to use lethal force. Rick of all should know there is no point entering a knife fight with your fists. Let alone when a Colt .357 is at his side. Reality of situation is if Ethan wasn't a hesitant man Rick was dead.

I enjoyed the episode. No real wow factor other than seeing Maggie. Seeing Maggie a lot and with attitude makes it even better. But I gotta admit that my mind just keeps wandering toward this Negan intro. Who or Whom is stepping up to the plate? Its messing with my head.

Ireland
    The scenes at Hilltop saved what I thought was going to be another meh episode.

Decent.

Hopefully, next week we can see something of Negan.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    I enjoyed the episode... Although I did groan at the coincidental timing of the stabbing taking place just while they were there...

Anyhoo
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Hopefully, next week we can see something of Negan.
    We won't be seeing Negan until the season finale.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I enjoyed the episode... Although I did groan at the coincidental timing of the stabbing taking place just while they were there...

Anyhoo
    You could argue that anything that happens in any scripted material is conveniently placed - being that it's deliberately put where it is for particular reasons.

If paths didn't cross you'd have a boring story, and Rick getting soaked in blood as they take down a group of returning strangers is way more interesting than just going "Hello, how are you?"

United States

Anyhoo
    It would have been pretty meh if nothing happened at all.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 01-Mar-2016 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Words

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    It would have been pretty meh if nothing happened at all.
    Would leave more time to look at Maggie?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ^ this man gets it

Ireland
    Pause is your friend.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Maggie is oh so fine but I need some more Rosita in my life.

United States
    I'd like to see more of Tara giving people the finger.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.