Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Indiana Jones 5 (film)

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Would have been fascinating to see that original version where Indiana died and his niece then replaced him through history.
    "Fascinating" in a sort of Woking Nightmare kind of a way.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Would have been fascinating to see that original version where Indiana died and his niece then replaced him through history.
    I don't think that version ever existed.

by chance I started listening to a podcast called "It was a shit show". In one episode they're talking about the Zack Snyder's Justice League, and the fan campaign behind it. It's filled with so much irrational hatred, conspiracy theories and downright racism/sexism fueled by youtubers who thrive off of clicks and views. It reminds me of the hatred against this film in particular, including the constant derision of Phoebe Waller-bridge, but also of unconfirmed rumours of this or that ending that are just straight out taken as fact. It's worrying me because it's just so... Hateful.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 09-Jul-2023 at 10:33 AM. Reason: rere

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I went to see it twice in theaters, just to be sure. It’s okay. Love or hate Crystal Skull, it still had a Spielberg sense of wonder about it that Mangold just couldn’t quite recreate here.

I don’t understand all this “wokeness” you guys are complaining about. She was a sidekick character like any of the others that came before her and she has absolutely nothing to do with replacing Ford. Marion Ravenwood is more of the progressive female character that you seem to fear so greatly. There’s another sidekick character that should really be the focus of complaints. He was written in only to lazily answer how the characters can get to a certain destination.