Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 5 (film)

Administrator

England

Indiana Jones 5 (film)

So seems we're getting another one - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74681

Deadline reports this will be the first “Raiders” sequel in which George Lucas will not shape the screenplay.
    Good news Lucas isn't involved?!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Good news Lucas isn't involved?!

I dig the fourth film, I thought the criticism of it was overly harsh - but I will also admit it wasn't as good as parts 1 or 3, and suffered a bit with the crushing weight of twenty years of anticipation and fandom. Temple of Doom fits into the original films much better than Crystal Skull even can, naturally, having been made in the 1980s, but I never particularly gelled with ToD and have always liked it the least of all of them.

Am I particularly sad that Lucas won't be involved in the script for Indy #5? Honestly, I don't mind, as long as they get someone talented to write the script - and they make it a good script - I'll be happy.

Ireland
    I feel sorry for Geroge Lucas.

But, they should really just let Indiana Jones go away with what little dignity he has left.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I feel sorry for Geroge Lucas.

But, they should really just let Indiana Jones go away with what little dignity he has left.
    I guess I'll say Amen to both those statements. I mean, George Lucas is a fucking tool when it comes to being a director and writer. But there's something to his credibility as a visionary. That latest Star Wars film? Say what you want about it, there wasn't a single visionary involved in it's creation. At least George Lucas constantly tried to shake things up - even though his motives were probably as much aligned with marketing and toys sales than with a desire to provide something fresh every time.

As for the second statement, I can't see this working in any way, shape or form. Harrison Ford was hopelessly out of shape in the latest Indy film and in particular the latest Star Wars film. Jesus, just let the character rest.
    I also didn't like the 3rd film, I think it's a fucking kids movie. Team Temple of Doom right here, buddy.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've discussed the previous film on here many times and my opinion hasn't changed over the years. It's a worthy entry to the series, but no doubt has its issues.

I'm most certainly excited for this final film. With Disney owning the rights, Lucas basically out of the picture, and Spielberg/Ford knowing this will be their last round with Indy, I know we'll be in for a real treat.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I guess I'll say Amen to both those statements. I mean, George Lucas is a fucking tool when it comes to being a director and writer. But there's something to his credibility as a visionary. That latest Star Wars film? Say what you want about it, there wasn't a single visionary involved in it's creation. At least George Lucas constantly tried to shake things up - even though his motives were probably as much aligned with marketing and toys sales than with a desire to provide something fresh every time.
    Yeh. while I liked the new Star Wars entry, there wasn't much in the way of "new" going on. It was mostly fan service for the most part. But that's what your going to get from Jar Jar Abrams.

Hopefully, now that they shown the audience that the can do a Star Wars film without buggering it completely, perhaps the next couple of films can be brave enough to go off in their own direction.

As for the second statement, I can't see this working in any way, shape or form. Harrison Ford was hopelessly out of shape in the latest Indy film and in particular the latest Star Wars film. Jesus, just let the character rest.
    I also didn't like the 3rd film, I think it's a fucking kids movie. Team Temple of Doom right here, buddy.
    Yeh, it's 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and 'Temple of Doom' for me. Couldn't stand the third one. Waaaaay too many feeble attempts at "comedy" that are about as funny as a Bowie knife up the Swiss. They chickened out, because a few over sensitive kids and their cotton wool parents couldn't handle 'Temple of Doom'.

FFS.

I tried so hard to convince myself that the fourth one was a good film, or even a good Indiana Jones film.

But, it really isn't.

Ford is going to be about 74 if this next one sees the light of day. That's just silly.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Last Crusade is my favorite out of them all.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I remember liking it too, as a kid. Then I rewatched all three of them when I got older. Seeing it again was such a wake-up call. It's over-the-top silly throughout. By the time Sean Connery managed to take down that nazi plane with an umbrella and a flock of birds, I was close to just turning it off... Sorry, but there's a very different tone in Part 3 that I don't like at all. Indy becomes a parody of himself.

Super Moderator

UK
    Same here. Loved it as a kid, love it now.

Raiders is a close second. Skull and Doom come after.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Raiders is a close second.

Me

\/

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's the same reason I really dig Die Hard 3, the Lethal Weapon series, etc. The sort of "team" interaction of Indy and Jones SR. It's a great father/son story, and is obvious by the time the film is finished, Indy discovers that the whole quest wasn't about finding the cup of Christ, but finding his friends and family. Then they all ride off into the sunset. Corny, but c'mon that's classic cinema! Funny to boot.

Super Moderator

UK
    @Shoot -

I'm not saying that Last Crusade is necessarily better than Raiders, I've just always enjoyed it a little bit more than Raiders - and I enjoy Raiders quite a lot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's the same reason I really dig Die Hard 3, the Lethal Weapon series, etc. The sort of "team" interaction of Indy and Jones SR. It's a great father/son story, and is obvious by the time the film is finished, Indy discovers that the whole quest wasn't about finding the cup of Christ, but finding his friends and family. Then they all ride off into the sunset. Corny, but c'mon that's classic cinema! Funny to boot.
    You're a fan of all thing Spielberg, aren't you?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You're a fan of all thing Spielberg, aren't you?
    He's made a lot of fantastic films, others not so much, but I'm not sure what you're hinting at?....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    He's made a lot of fantastic films, others not so much, but I'm not sure what you're hinting at?....
    Well, your description of Indy's cheesy inner journey pretty much sums up why I think Steven Spielberg might not be so great, that's all.