Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TWD 6x14 "Twice as Far" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 6x14 "Twice as Far" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

Please keep all talk of episode 6x14 "Twice as Far" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Alrick Riley
    Written by: Matthew Negrete

United States
    The anxiety has built to a point that I'm not sure how I can watch these final two episodes. I wish a violent and slow death for Dwight. Piece of shit. Daryl saved that prick and he grandstands.

Hey Moon, you check out Rosita on Talking Dead? Damn son.
    Last edited by facestabber; 21-Mar-2016 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Addition

Undisclosed
    Damned, I thought this was going to be the episode I could take a breath, before all of the excitement. Not so. Nobody can accuse this show of being boring this season. I too kind of dread the next two episodes. Maybe I'm too invested in this show. I dread the friggin finale and who may get killed off. Overall, a very solid episode. Still can't believe Eugene bit Dwight's DICK!!!!! Awesome! And poor Denise had to go and barf on her glasses and then get killed!! RIP Denise. Loved the whole episode.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    The anxiety has built to a point that I'm not sure how I can watch these final two episodes. I wish a violent and slow death for Dwight. Piece of shit. Daryl saved that prick and he grandstands.

Maaaaaan, I was certain Rosita was taking that arrow that I couldn't watch. I hate to say this but I was so relieved it was Denise; which sucks because I really did like the character. Also, yeah, Rosita was looking mighty fine tonight. I got to meet her at a Walker Stalker and she was really cool and easy to talk to. Not too mention every bit as beautiful as she is on tv.

Eugene is the man. That's all I gotta say haha. Stage 2, baby.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I liked how they included a suggestion that one of the character deaths from the comic was about to happen, even though things played out differently in the show.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I liked how they included a suggestion that one of the character deaths from the comic was about to happen, even though things played out differently in the show.
    Yeah I caught that but totally didn't buy it. Kirkman once said he regretted that comic death and that now he had a chance to fix it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Yeah I caught that but totally didn't buy it. Kirkman once said he regretted that comic death and that now he had a chance to fix it.
    Sad for Denise, as I began to really enjoy her. And her scene was shocking and sad even though I read the spoiler. I cant imagine the trauma on Daryl and Rosita. A person cant unsee that shit. But I'm glad Abraham is around.

Super Moderator

UK
    Shit's still on. Just when you're getting relaxed and thinking that the episode might be a quiet one before the inevitable storm - boom - some serious stuff goes down!

Loved the lead-head walker, similarly inventive to the 'rebar walker' from season 5.

Dwight! I dig how they've applied the burn makeup - and interesting that they've left aside the mangled eye aspect (the character is always using eye drops in the comic). A faithful but practical rendition of the character's look.

I really dig this push/pull thing they've got going on with The Saviours - just when you think they're seriously screwed, boom, they scrape their way through in a flurry of violence ... but I have a feeling that this is about to come to a crushing halt. Dwight & his chums have gotten away - they know about Alexandria, it seems (they referenced how plush it looks inside the walls).

Carol! What's going on there? She's left? Hmmm ... that look from Morgan near the end - I wonder if he'll go in search of her to try and bring her back, or does it inspire him to leave as well (either alone, or team up with Carol on the road).

The apothecary scene - that little back room - proper grisly, that! The little baby shoe on the blood soaked sink/shelf/whatever. Grim as fook!

Another quality bit of Eugene/Abraham banter in this episode too (and another one of Abe's cracking lines). Some interesting seeds being placed about here and there, too - e.g. Rosita's wham-bam-thank-you-maam with Spencer.

Solid all-round episode. I'm glad that even these more 'quiet' episodes still manage to throw some curveballs and strike some chords.

1) Yeah, it's kinda stressful in an edge-of-your-seat way at the moment. With Abraham and Eugene heading out on their little jaunt to the ammo factory I was getting all wound up, particularly with that long take of the alleyway in wide shot ... I was just waiting for something awful to happen - even in that scene near the end when Abraham and Sasha were talking together I was wincing because I was sure some shock was gonna be tossed in to eff us all up for a week!

So many possibilities have been laid out, with plenty of red herrings - it feels like so many things could happen.

2) Good lord ... Christian Serratos is a beautiful being, alright, and has a cracking sense of humour judging by her banter on the couch with Josh McDermitt on Talking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    Damned, I thought this was going to be the episode I could take a breath, before all of the excitement. Not so. Nobody can accuse this show of being boring this season. I too kind of dread the next two episodes. Maybe I'm too invested in this show. I dread the friggin finale and who may get killed off. Overall, a very solid episode. Still can't believe Eugene bit Dwight's DICK!!!!! Awesome! And poor Denise had to go and barf on her glasses and then get killed!! RIP Denise. Loved the whole episode.
    The Eugene dick bite was so out there, wasn't it? Realistically speaking, I'm not sure how he'd get enough purchase to bite down on Dwight's fun zone, but it was entertaining as all get out regardless. Stage 2, mofos!

Denise chucking up on her glasses was a nice touch, it felt clumsily life-like. I was a bit "oh FFS" when she went after the cooler, and perhaps her speech could have used a little work - either the speech itself, or bedding it into the overall story a smidge better, but I was certainly distracted so that when the arrow struck I was quite surprised. She was becoming an interesting character, but it sucks for Team Rick as they no longer have a Doctor to hand, not in Alexandria anyway. Seems Rosita had picked up a few bits of useful knowledge along the way - and perhaps from Denise - but yeah, they'll need to wrap themselves in cotton wool and kevlar for a while.

Didn't know that Kirkman regretted that choice in the comics. I was nervous it would play out here, but then again I did also think there might be a 'mid-sentence death' for someone else in the cast this time around - and so it was.

TWD 6x14 Memes:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2016/...x14-memes.html

United States
    I was kinda hoping Dwight's scar would have been a bit more gnarly. It's been about two months and it looks like his face healed up quite well in such a short amount of time. Oh well.

Like Minion stated, the Walkers in this episode were pretty damn impressive. It's amazing how creative the team still is after all this time.

United States
    I was kinda hoping Dwight's scar would have been a bit more gnarly. It's been about two months and it looks like his face healed up quite well in such a short amount of time. Oh well.

Like Minion stated, the Walkers in this episode were pretty damn impressive. It's amazing how creative the team still is after all this time.
    This show has set the bar so damn high with the Walkers makeup. Any newcomers that try to tackle zombie shows/movie better have a crack team.

Ok folks clear something up for me. Watching the scene when Denise entered the room with the baby stuff. I read it as the baby was drowned for mercy and its shoe was sticking out of water but still on the foot. A coworker said the shoe was just there. So then I started questioning what I saw. Stuck at work now so what are your thoughts? If in fact the baby was drowned it would have turned. So with the water bloody, was there more to it? Ofcourse in beginning of outbreak, the virus wasn't immediately airborn as Jenner said that it eventually went airborn. Ok end ramble, what say you?

Being Attacked

United States
    Sad for Denise, as I began to really enjoy her. And her scene was shocking and sad even though I read the spoiler. I cant imagine the trauma on Daryl and Rosita. A person cant unsee that shit. But I'm glad Abraham is around.
    I thought it was pretty crazy how she was still talking with the crossbow bolt through her head like she didn't even realize it and then just sort of faded off...I had to rewind and watch that a couple of times!

UK
    This show has set the bar so damn high with the Walkers makeup. Any newcomers that try to tackle zombie shows/movie better have a crack team.

Ok folks clear something up for me. Watching the scene when Denise entered the room with the baby stuff. I read it as the baby was drowned for mercy and its shoe was sticking out of water but still on the foot. A coworker said the shoe was just there. So then I started questioning what I saw. Stuck at work now so what are your thoughts? If in fact the baby was drowned it would have turned. So with the water bloody, was there more to it? Ofcourse in beginning of outbreak, the virus wasn't immediately airborn as Jenner said that it eventually went airborn. Ok end ramble, what say you?
    I read it that a person and their baby hid in there.
    The person died and turned then ate the baby. Or maybe I am just twisted.

A pretty decent episode, I kinda liked Denise tho

Still think we are in for an OG death in the finale.
    I think the last OG we lost was in the Season 3 finale (Andrea).
    By OG I mean a member of the Original group in Atlanta from season 1, of which we still have Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol and Glenn.
    Season 2 we lost Sophia, Dale and Shane
    Season 3 we lost T-Dog, Lori and Andrea.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we haven't lost an OG since then right?

Gotta think Rick and Carl are relatively safe, so I think Daryl, Carol or Glenn is a goner at the end of this season.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodanki View Post
    I read it that a person and their baby hid in there.
    The person died and turned then ate the baby. Or maybe I am just twisted.

A pretty decent episode, I kinda liked Denise tho

Still think we are in for an OG death in the finale.
    I think the last OG we lost was in the Season 3 finale (Andrea).
    By OG I mean a member of the Original group in Atlanta from season 1, of which we still have Rick, Carl, Daryl, Carol and Glenn.
    Season 2 we lost Sophia, Dale and Shane
    Season 3 we lost T-Dog, Lori and Andrea.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we haven't lost an OG since then right?

Gotta think Rick and Carl are relatively safe, so I think Daryl, Carol or Glenn is a goner at the end of this season.
    You are correct, Andrea was the last.

I do believe it will be a member of the Atlanta 5 that we lose. Not Morgan, Not Abraham, not Maggie. So, from the five we have to believe Rick and Carl are safe. So it's either Daryl, Glenn, or Carol. Or perhaps even two of the three. Something tells me we are in for a bit of a twist.

- - - Updated - - -

I took it as the cast was on the Walker to have Denise witness first hand that the Walkers were in fact people; the cast represting someone that was hurt and helpless. The baby was in fact eaten. There was nothing left.

Super Moderator

United States
    Good episode, but I'm pretty annoyed how they wimped out by killing a relatively minor character when another should have fallen.

It's a shame, because Kirkman seems as though he often regrets his best, most ballsy decisions... Really makes me question his plotting skills in the face of increasing financial success.

Anyone else sense another lame pull back from the edge and killing of more minor or vaguely defined characters people haven't had much of a chance to grow attached to? I hope I'm wrong, but sometimes this show really goes from balls to the walls to utterly feckless.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Good episode, but I'm pretty annoyed how they wimped out by killing a relatively minor character when another should have fallen.

It's a shame, because Kirkman seems as though he often regrets his best, most ballsy decisions... Really makes me question his plotting skills in the face of increasing financial success.

Anyone else sense another lame pull back from the edge and killing of more minor or vaguely defined characters people haven't had much of a chance to grow attached to? I hope I'm wrong, but sometimes this show really goes from balls to the walls to utterly feckless.
    I hated the original comic death so this time I agree with Kirkman. There is no way the showrunner and producers will kill someone like Heath or Tara in this season finale. The whole point of this upcoming death is the impact it has on Rick and vital for the story moving forward. Denise makes sense in this death because now Alexandria is in need of a Doctor. I won't say nothing more about that to avoid spoilers.