Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWD 6x15 "East" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I really hope the spoiler for the finale that's doing the rounds isn't true.

Spoiler for tv show rather than comic.

they're going to finish it on a 1st person shot from the victims pov so you don't know who dies and leave it as a cliffhanger.
    This fits in with the mobile phone footage that leaked a while ago. Fucking lame imo, especially with all the fake out deaths with had this season.
    Only an outstanding performance from Jeffery Dean Morgan will save it for me if this happens
    ^ regarding spoiler I agree. That will not sit well with fans, me included.

Super Moderator

UK
    Regarding kidgloves' spoiler tagged 'rumour that's going around':

I saw another rumour going around that's entirely different - so who knows?

However, yes, it'd be piss-annoying to end a season on "Eenie, meenie, miney, moe" in a POV shot with a swing and then CUT TO BLACK. It would be a strong way to end an episode (say it 6x15 had gone that way) because then you've only got a week to go, and visually it'd be a strong shot ... but to end a SEASON with months of waiting in-between with so much risk for spoilers being leaked? Yeah ... that would be a silly and frustrating idea.

Look at the season 5 finale of Game of Thrones - they leave you with a significant death - they just do it. Whether that lasts is another thing, but at least you had a strong gut punch to cap off the season.

They've already done a cliffhanger with the mid-season finale. That was about a 10 week wait and it was a little irksome - the episode was still good, and I understand the pacing they chose because 6x09 paid off in grand style ... so I'd really hope they don't do a cliffhanger close to Season 6.

If they did, it wouldn't be any kind of deal breaker - don't be stupid - but it would be needlessly frustrating. I think with such a huge event you really need to just do it in the finale. Then for the Season 7 premiere you could pick up exactly where it left off - perhaps even show the same event from an alternative perspective, which could then actually be the POV of the victim. That would be an interesting way to do it - SEE the event happen properly in 6x16, and then in 7x01 see the same event from the victim's own POV. That would be the best way to have your cake and eat it too, to be able to take advantage of a really cool shot without disrupting events.

Time will tell - we're so close now!

*edit*

Further 'finale death' theorising (with comics spoilers):

I still think Glenn is going to meet Lucille just like in the comics, it's such a huge moment it'd be surprising to not do it.

However, I had a theory pop into mind earlier - what if Carol also dies at the hands of The Saviours? Perhaps she might get caught by the Saviours, who then kill her - perhaps making audiences think no other major characters will die - and then we also lose Glenn on top of that.

Morgan could be out looking for Carol, but stumble across one of Ezekiel's men instead - and join their group. Morgan had already said to Rick that if he doesn't come back, don't come looking - so maybe Morgan finds more like-minded fellows with Ezekiel and chooses to stay, but never finds Carol.

I still think Daryl will survive, as I've previously theorised. I don't feel like Negan would 'put down' a seriously wounded member of another group. Negan would be more disposed to slay a fit and healthy member of someone else's team. Also, there's lots of future story in losing Carol but letting Daryl live - if Dixon's hopping mad over Denise, just imagine the freight train of fury that'll be unleashed with him losing Carol. Likewise, there's a whole arc possible between Daryl and Dwight - there could be a tense truce between the pair at some point in the future, perhaps relating to a resolution of a "Daryl's rage" story arc. There's lots of possibilities.

Whereas, when it comes to Carol and Glenn, they've had a lot of story and character development this season. I feel like Glenn's nine lives have been used up with two major lucky escapes this season, and Carol has come full circle and returned to faith and is rejecting her badass side because of the negative consequences it has brought her. Carol and Glenn, to me anyway, feel much closer to a 'story conclusion' than anyone else.

Rosita is surely safe as houses, and I'd be seriously surprised if Michonne bit the dust.

Just a couple more days and we'll see what's what. Now's crunch time to avoid spoilers, eh folks? "We're down to the line..."
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Apr-2016 at 12:40 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Regarding kidgloves' spoiler tagged 'rumour that's going around':

I saw another rumour going around that's entirely different - so who knows?

However, yes, it'd be piss-annoying to end a season on "Eenie, meenie, miney, moe" in a POV shot with a swing and then CUT TO BLACK. It would be a strong way to end an episode (say it 6x15 had gone that way) because then you've only got a week to go, and visually it'd be a strong shot ... but to end a SEASON with months of waiting in-between with so much risk for spoilers being leaked? Yeah ... that would be a silly and frustrating idea.

Look at the season 5 finale of Game of Thrones - they leave you with a significant death - they just do it. Whether that lasts is another thing, but at least you had a strong gut punch to cap off the season.

They've already done a cliffhanger with the mid-season finale. That was about a 10 week wait and it was a little irksome - the episode was still good, and I understand the pacing they chose because 6x09 paid off in grand style ... so I'd really hope they don't do a cliffhanger close to Season 6.

If they did, it wouldn't be any kind of deal breaker - don't be stupid - but it would be needlessly frustrating. I think with such a huge event you really need to just do it in the finale. Then for the Season 7 premiere you could pick up exactly where it left off - perhaps even show the same event from an alternative perspective, which could then actually be the POV of the victim. That would be an interesting way to do it - SEE the event happen properly in 6x16, and then in 7x01 see the same event from the victim's own POV. That would be the best way to have your cake and eat it too, to be able to take advantage of a really cool shot without disrupting events.

Time will tell - we're so close now!

*edit*

Further 'finale death' theorising (with comics spoilers):

I still think Glenn is going to meet Lucille just like in the comics, it's such a huge moment it'd be surprising to not do it.

However, I had a theory pop into mind earlier - what if Carol also dies at the hands of The Saviours? Perhaps she might get caught by the Saviours, who then kill her - perhaps making audiences think no other major characters will die - and then we also lose Glenn on top of that.

Morgan could be out looking for Carol, but stumble across one of Ezekiel's men instead - and join their group. Morgan had already said to Rick that if he doesn't come back, don't come looking - so maybe Morgan finds more like-minded fellows with Ezekiel and chooses to stay, but never finds Carol.

I still think Daryl will survive, as I've previously theorised. I don't feel like Negan would 'put down' a seriously wounded member of another group. Negan would be more disposed to slay a fit and healthy member of someone else's team. Also, there's lots of future story in losing Carol but letting Daryl live - if Dixon's hopping mad over Denise, just imagine the freight train of fury that'll be unleashed with him losing Carol. Likewise, there's a whole arc possible between Daryl and Dwight - there could be a tense truce between the pair at some point in the future, perhaps relating to a resolution of a "Daryl's rage" story arc. There's lots of possibilities.

Whereas, when it comes to Carol and Glenn, they've had a lot of story and character development this season. I feel like Glenn's nine lives have been used up with two major lucky escapes this season, and Carol has come full circle and returned to faith and is rejecting her badass side because of the negative consequences it has brought her. Carol and Glenn, to me anyway, feel much closer to a 'story conclusion' than anyone else.

Rosita is surely safe as houses, and I'd be seriously surprised if Michonne bit the dust.

Just a couple more days and we'll see what's what. Now's crunch time to avoid spoilers, eh folks? "We're down to the line..."
    Once again MZ, the voice of reason, calms us down.
    There supposed to be an audio clip out there which contradicts my spoiler. I've managed to avoid what it is so hopefully that's more accurate.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Once again MZ, the voice of reason, calms us down.
    There supposed to be an audio clip out there which contradicts my spoiler. I've managed to avoid what it is so hopefully that's more accurate.
    1)

2) I heard about an audio clip a few days ago - but I didn't listen to it - so fortunately I'm still in the dark. The best way to go into this finale, as is always the case with TWD, will be totally fresh and to allow the storytellers to unveil their story exactly as planned and paced. I don't really understand wanting to know what's going to happen before it happens on a show you're watching, it's like knowing the punchline to a joke before someone tells it - all the intended impact is lost.

I'm also glad that everyone here is continuing to be very decent and spoiler tag any rumours they've heard, or comic book spoilers, or even just their own theories. Very good of you all.

United States
    There is no way they can do that spoiler theory and have it work. Regarding the most current leak, I heard of it but just like you guys I'm avoiding it like the plague. In fact, no more internet for me till Sunday night. Adios!

Oh and MZ, I loved how you ended your spoiler theory post, gave me chills.

Let Rosita live!
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 01-Apr-2016 at 07:18 PM. Reason: YoHoHoHoHo
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."