Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't they recreate Vader's costume from A New Hope's specs?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i was rather unimpressed by this one. i enjoyed the force awakens for what it was, but this film just didn't do it for me. none of the characters were all that likeable, the plot wasn't very original or anything we've not seen in other films, and the call-backs and inclusions of other characters felt forced and nothing but fan-service. vader's costume looked goofy and putting him in the film was a cheap way to get asses in seats.

this will be the first star wars film i won't be adding to my home collection, and unless my kid grows up and wants to watch it one of these days, i doubt i'll ever waste time re-watching it.
    For me it did feel a bit like a "committee film" where they've joined up lots of "safe dots" with a homogenized script.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Didn't they recreate Vader's costume from A New Hope's specs?
    i am having trouble finding a good clear picture to illustrate my point, but the costume vader is wearing in his first scene is rather different from the usual one he wears, mainly in the lower area of his mask that covers his throat. it was totally distracting during that first scene. even my wife, a casual star wars fan at best, leaned over during that scene and asked what was different about his helmet. he may have been wearing his ANH ensemble with the proper helmet towards the end during the hallway slaughter scene.

another thing that was cheap about the handling of vader really irked me as well: every time they jumped to a new location or planet, the planet's name was always displayed in the lower corner of the screen...until they came to an unnamed planet (which turned out to be mustafar, where vader lost most of his humanity and limbs and still hangs around some giant castle).

in addition to these and the other faults i found, the music was rather forgettable and only added to the dullness of the film.

i've said it before and i'll say it again: disney is going to milk this franchise dry. star wars films used to have a rather large gap between releases, making it a special event to go to the theaters. now that they are going to have one releasing every year till the sun burns out, it won't be long till all the magic is gone from the series and these movies are just as garbage and disposable as all the dumbass MCU films they are polluting cinemas with constantly.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 29-Dec-2016 at 09:45 PM. Reason: disney is fucking star wars into the ground

United States
    Vader's helmut was defintitly jacked up for some reason.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."