Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead 2x01 "Monster" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Didn't she make a homemade tattoo of it in a later episode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Correct. It's permanently tattooed at this point.
    Ah, yes! I'd forgotten about that! Thanks for the reminder, chaps.

England
    Am I being stupid but wouldn't a capsized boat with bullet holes in it sink. There's no air trapped to support it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    I might have to look at that again without the dubious benefits of alcohol, because there were several times I said to myself that it was a load of old pony.

Also, completely agree with the lack of "this is how the zombie apocaylpse happens" going on. Obviously the shillings aren't there for such a premise, so why bother? Just take that money and pour it into the main event? Kind of leaves the show feeling a bit pointless. We're pretty much just marking time in between series of 'The Walking Dead' with a more mediocre effort and that's not really going to cut the mustard, as it were.

Honestly can't see this thing lasting beyond a third series.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Minion- No problem, dude.

So, the way I see it, this is a good time killer between seasons and if the money didn't go to FTWD it would have went to some other show I could care less about.

My main gripe was that if they never intended on showing the collapse why promise it? Anyway, this show is ok but I'm not hooked yet but I'm not gonna gripe about it. Shoot has a good point though, if they don't pick up the quality a bit they might have problems.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 12-Apr-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong person :D
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    I'm generally enjoying FTWD more so than than recent TWD... but I thought the staging of the capsized boat was poor... First there's the dubious fog/mist obscuring it from view... and then I'm wondering why Strand didn't pick it up on his radar?

United States
    Did anyone else notice that the Abigail used in season 2 isn't the same boat shown in the season 1 finale? Wtf.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Being Attacked

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the Abigail used in season 2 isn't the same boat shown in the season 1 finale? Wtf.
    Further evidence of their budget or lack there of...Abigail from the Season Finale was just CGI (and cheap CGI at that)...lest we forget that the Michonne used at the end of Season 2 isn't the same Michonne either but I digress

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slayerized View Post
    Further evidence of their budget or lack there of...Abigail from the Season Finale was just CGI (and cheap CGI at that)...lest we forget that the Michonne used at the end of Season 2 isn't the same Michonne either but I digress
    Yeah, but at least Michonne looked the same lol.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Am I being stupid but wouldn't a capsized boat with bullet holes in it sink. There's no air trapped to support it.
    I'm sure there could be plenty of air trapped in corners of rooms/cabins etc etc helping keep it up for sometime!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Finally got around to watching the premier. I'll say that the firebombing of L.A. was a nice spectacle, as was the boat propeller to the face. Sadly, that was about all that I found interesting in the episode. This confirms it for me that I'm done with fear the walking dead. The entire selling point of the show for me was to watch the collapse of civilization, which for reasons I guess I'll never understand, the producers largely decided to skip over. I feel collossally cheated from that, and since we are now in the walking dead territory, there's just nothing left to hold my interest, not even the crew running around on the open water.