Thread: Tom Clancy's "The Division" (video game)

England

Tom Clancy's "The Division" (video game)

Add this to your list of must have post apocalyptic games.
    If you've played GRAW or Rainbow Six, imagine that style of game play but in a GTA 5 living, breathing city.
    Great game
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Add this to your list of must have post apocalyptic games.
    If you've played GRAW or Rainbow Six, imagine that style of game play but in a GTA 5 living, breathing city.
    Great game
    Is there co-op play in it?

We have a group of 4-6 of us... Could we join up and play maps/levels in it against the AI?

Is it otherwise predominantly a single player game?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is there co-op play in it?

We have a group of 4-6 of us... Could we join up and play maps/levels in it against the AI?

Is it otherwise predominantly a single player game?
    Yep. It's an mmo tactical shooter

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    This has been updated multiple times and I've bought the season pass and it's still superb.
    1st game for years I've played through twice in single player.
    Ignore the cry baby's on the Internet moaning about this. Not sure what game they're playing.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Don't know how I missed this thread, I love this game! Some friends talked me into giving it a shot and it's been a blast ever since. To me, playing online co-op is the best part. Single player was frustrating, but playing online in groups has provided hours upon hours of fun.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Don't know how I missed this thread, I love this game! Some friends talked me into giving it a shot and it's been a blast ever since. To me, playing online co-op is the best part. Single player was frustrating, but playing online in groups has provided hours upon hours of fun.
    Co-op is what a group of us (prefer to) do... How good is the gameplay in this area? How many people can co-op togethor?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Co-op is what a group of us (prefer to) do... How good is the gameplay in this area? How many people can co-op togethor?
    The whole game is online Neil and you drop in and out of groups and do missions how you choose. Never played it co-op so maybe Bassman can drop in and enlighten you

Updated.

4 players Neil
    Last edited by kidgloves; 12-Dec-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Y

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If any of you guys are playing on psn and want to join up, my name is atticusfincher

Administrator

England
    So if four of us wanted to play co-op we could do this? ie: We wouldn't have to sit there hoping we could find a game with four empty spaces, but initiate one?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    So if four of us wanted to play co-op we could do this? ie: We wouldn't have to sit there hoping we could find a game with four empty spaces, but initiate one?
    Yes sir. There are safe rooms where you join up and start missions.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You can also fast track to other members of they're a far distance across the city, pop in and out of missions, join random online strangers, etc.

It's really one of the greatest online co-ops in recent memory, Neil. Top notch fun.
    Last edited by bassman; 01-Dec-2016 at 10:59 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    You can also fast track to other members of they're a far distance across the city, pop in and out of missions, join random online strangers, etc.

It's really one of the greatest online co-ops in recent memory, Neil. Top notch fun.
    OK - It's on my list now!

And played in 3rd person?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    OK - It's on my list now!

And played in 3rd person?
    Yes.
    Customization of the equipment and weapons is insane as well.

MY HOME CINEMA