Thread: Hey guys, remember back in the 2000's when Zombie games were so rare...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Hey guys, remember back in the 2000's when Zombie games were so rare...

That Neil saw value in stickying two Dead Rising topics?

Super Moderator

UK
    lol, hadn't even noticed those were still there ... although who did the stickying, I can't remember, I might have stuck one back when it was relevant ... now I might just leave them there to spite you, Ned.

Administrator

England
    LOL! About time they were "unstuck" I guess
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Ha.

Never even noticed.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    better re-sticky those threads, neil. dead rising games are all getting ported to new consoles.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dea.../1100-6441922/

i will likely download the original (still one of my top 5 xbox 360 games of all time) as long as the improvements made to the game itself (graphic upgrades, mainly) and the price make the purchase justifiable. no way i'm paying any more than 30 bones, tops.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 19-Jul-2016 at 03:17 AM. Reason: .

United States
    I hated these games.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Come to think of it the only real zombie games i remembered from the 2000 era were the Resident Evil and House of the Dead games. Though that era had a lot of other great surival horror games like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Haunting Ground, and Siren that weren't really about zombies. Well the shibito in Siren were kind of zombie-like.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGuy View Post
    Come to think of it the only real zombie games i remembered from the 2000 era were the Resident Evil and House of the Dead games. Though that era had a lot of other great surival horror games like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Haunting Ground, and Siren that weren't really about zombies. Well the shibito in Siren were kind of zombie-like.
    There were also the Alone in the Dark and Thief series of games (both of which started in the 1990s), which also featured zombies.

A bit of history for aficionados of this genre: this 1983 game for the Spectrum 48K pretty much started the whole "survival horror" genre:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infos...cgi?id=0000210

It even featured changing camera angles, almost 10 years before the first Alone in the Dark game for the PC! Way ahead of its time.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    There were also the Alone in the Dark and Thief series of games (both of which started in the 1990s), which also featured zombies.
    I never played either of those so i wouldnt know lol

I think my favorites were the old Resident Evil games for the PSone and GameCube but the series went downhill really fast after Resident Evil 4. But I still enjoy the old games especially the ones set in Raccoon City like Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil Outbreak.

Also i remember another cool zombie arcade shooter called CarnEvil that was done in the same style as House of the Dead.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGuy View Post
    I never played either of those so i wouldnt know lol

Alone in the Dark and Thief were cool, you missed on some great stuff. Resident Evil based its game play on the 3D third person view point and changing camera angles of the first 3 Alone in the Dark games (which in turn copied these basic ideas from 80s games like Ant Attack, Zombie Zombie and Knight Lore)

I think my favorites were the old Resident Evil games for the PSone and GameCube but the series went downhill really fast after Resident Evil 4. But I still enjoy the old games especially the ones set in Raccoon City like Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, and Resident Evil Outbreak.
    Resident Evil – Code: Veronica was also cool, though it was the first one (if I remember correctly) that did not take place in Raccoon City.
    Last edited by JDP; 06-Apr-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Resident Evil – Code: Veronica was also cool, though it was the first one (if I remember correctly) that did not take place in Raccoon City.
    Well technically the first Resident Evil game for the Playstation wasnt set in Raccoon City it was set in a mansion in the Arklay Mountains which was outside Raccoon City. There was also Resident Evil Survivor which was set in a placed called Sheena Island.