Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fear The Walking Dead 2x04 "Blood in the Streets" episode discussion...

Super Moderator

UK

Fear The Walking Dead 2x04 "Blood in the Streets" episode discussion...

Please keep all talk of episode 2x04 "Blood in the Streets" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael Uppendahl
    Written by: Kate Erickson

Undisclosed
    I really enjoyed last weeks episode so I was very much looking forward to this weekend. It was an okay episode but nothing to write home about. I may be getting old but my gayday still functions. I just KNEW it!!!!

UK
    Decent enough episode and yet again Daniel, Nick and Travis stole the show. It was also nice to see Chris and Girl Chris not being quite such idiots, and even Daniels daughter spoke which was a suprise. For some reason Maddie is annoying me but I cant put my finger on why, she just seems to be sat on the boat juding everybody yet every thing she does fails.

I also found myself struggling to pay attention to Strands backstory, I will need to rewatch that bit to see if it was interesting but it didnt keep my attention on the first watch. It was nice to see new characters as you would expect this early in "the rising" but I jst dont buy that a group would be as organised or as cold as this raider group so early.

I still feel immensly robbed that we didnt get to see society fall/ stand together and fight back / and then all hell breaks loose with only the strong surviving. It still feels like The Walkind Dead Lite and as such a bit pointless, which is a shame because Nick and Daniel have so much potential.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DayoftheZ View Post
    I still feel immensly robbed that we didnt get to see society fall/ stand together and fight back / and then all hell breaks loose with only the strong surviving. It still feels like The Walkind Dead Lite and as such a bit pointless, which is a shame because Nick and Daniel have so much potential.
    I'm feeling more and more that way gradually, I must admit.

Still, a decent episode - but nothing major, really.

I do agree - the people who rocked up on the boat seem too cold for this early on, as if they've been just desperately waiting for the apocalypse to come along, but they don't look like 'preppers' or whatever, so they just seem like their ties to society have broken really fast.

Strand's backstory ... yeah, it was alright ... we get a bit more info, he becomes more of a relateable character in some ways.

Yeah - Nick's one of the most interesting folks in this show, along with Travis and Daniel, I'd agree with that. I'd like to see more Mama Bear mayhem from Madison soon, though, as she started off quite strong and has kind of drifted off a bit in these season two episodes somewhat ... I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm less interested in her now compared to season 1. Hopefully she gets some stronger material and chances to kick some arse this season.

I enjoyed Madison toying with that pirate chick about her baby bump ... I wonder if we'll get a payoff to that ... but a zombie baby? They'll have to tread very carefully - the Dawn remake, with all its errors and insults to the material (and general eye-roll-inducing MTV feel) made a complete joke out of the zombie baby, I mean geez, what a load of bollocks that was. In FTWD, well, the baby wouldn't have much strength, nor any teeth, and the fingernails wouldn't be worth much either (if anything) ... so it'd be more like a transmitted infection through the umbilical cord back to the mother, I'd have thought. That would make sense, and be quite interesting as a concept ... all the while it's wiggling around in there ... grim!

There's various things I dig about this show, but there's an awful lot that I'm neither here nor there on, and a few things I can't be doing with - but at least Alicia is starting to get on board at-long-sodding-last, even Chris has become less of a pain in the arse. I'm always super eager to see a new episode of TWD ... whereas with FTWD it's just a show I watch.

The Madison/Strand dynamic is interesting, especially now that she rescued him from the water (he looked rather helpless for the first time). There'll be more to this Strand story, as right now we're still mostly in the dark.

United States
    I really liked this one. I was always engaged and Nick is so damn interesting and entertaining that whenever he's on the screen I'm paying extra attention.

I also found Strands story interesting yet I wish they could have gave us more.

As far as the Pirates I just assume that there are people out there in the world that are evil and would cherish a world with no laws. It's possible. Also, that kid Jack, I also buy that someone rather do bad shit than be left alone helpless just waiting to die.

To me, the episodes are getting stronger and that's a good sign.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Being Attacked

United States
    So during the previews for next week the voice-over guy says "...Only 3 episodes left this season!" I assume they are talking about a break and that it should be picking up again later on but when?? I am assuming the 3 remaining episodes take us up to 5/21 and then probably nothing until last week in August like last year (so it can segway into TWD Season 7 in October?)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slayerized View Post
    So during the previews for next week the voice-over guy says "...Only 3 episodes left this season!" I assume they are talking about a break and that it should be picking up again later on but when?? I am assuming the 3 remaining episodes take us up to 5/21 and then probably nothing until last week in August like last year (so it can segway into TWD Season 7 in October?)
    That would be nice, makes the wait a little more tolerable. Besides, GoT is on too!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    As far as the Pirates I just assume that there are people out there in the world that are evil and would cherish a world with no laws. It's possible. Also, that kid Jack, I also buy that someone rather do bad shit than be left alone helpless just waiting to die.
    Good points. It still felt a bit jarring to me ... perhaps they could have (or maybe will) explore those ideas more in coming episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by slayerized View Post
    Yeah, the split was going to be 7 and then 8. AMC still have the final seven episodes of Hell On Wheels to show, which will no doubt follow FTWD's mid-season finale (or shortly thereafter), and then they'll come back and finish the back half in advance of TWD Season 7.

To be honest, I'd prefer a gap between FTWD and TWD, as I felt FTWD detracted from my anticipation for TWD's premiere. I was already well into zombie mode, rather than going in fresh, if that makes sense? But I understand it from a business standpoint.

United States
    It is just way to early in this apocalypse to have such a strong and well organized band of ne'er do wells and marauders pirating the high seas. I mean it's only been a couple of weeks since Starbucks and the rest of society fell. I really want to like this show, but this episode was only ok at best.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

United States
    I kinda wish there was a small gap too, honestly. AMC is running the risk of Walker fatigue.

I do agree that they did seem too organized like if they really had been together for a very long time. Between flight 462 and Nick's superhuman urge to not need drugs anymore, the timeline really isn't a priority for this show.

Super Moderator

UK
    I kinda wish there was a small gap too, honestly. AMC is running the risk of Walker fatigue.

I do agree that they did seem too organized like if they really had been together for a very long time. Between flight 462 and Nick's superhuman urge to not need drugs anymore, the timeline really isn't a priority for this show.
    And Colman Domingo (Strand) said on Talking Dead that it had only been a week and a half since the shit kicked off (2x01 starts 'five hours' after 1x06 finishes, too). So, even then, it's really quite early to be getting your Road Warrior outfit figured out.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And Colman Domingo (Strand) said on Talking Dead that it had only been a week and a half since the shit kicked off (2x01 starts 'five hours' after 1x06 finishes, too). So, even then, it's really quite early to be getting your Road Warrior outfit figured out.
    Ughh, I really wish they would have gave us more Night of the Living Dead moments during the early days of the apocalypse. Such a missed opportunity.

United States
    Ughh, I really wish they would have gave us more Night of the Living Dead moments during the early days of the apocalypse. Such a missed opportunity.
    Agreed! We the audience got screwed out of seeing the fall of civilization. To me, that was the main selling point of the show! Instead we got a nine day skip between a pair of episodes and a five hour skip between seasons in which all the action took place. What kind of nonsense is that?? Also, the fate of the survivor from flight 462 (I use the singular term since the Justin Beiber-haired kid wasn't going to get better) was extraordinarily lame. The writers want us to get attached to her only to have her be cut adrift at sea in her first appearance on the show proper? What kind of logic is that??

The overall story logic seems scattershot at best; no real sense of direction or purpose. All the good parts are simply skipped over. Remember we were told that someone from this show is going to appear on The Walking Dead? I'm already getting to the point that I don't really care who it is. Outside of Daniel, I don't really care much for any of the others. This almost feels like watching the episode "Lower Decks" from Star Trek: The Next Generation that centered on a group of ensigns who didn't know what was actually going on among the decisions the senior crew were making. I don't want to feel like I'm watching a show of Star Trek redshirts; I want to see the senior officers!

I don't like to say it, but now that Game of Thrones is back, this show is quickly becoming non-essential viewing to me.

Undisclosed
    I really want to love this show. I like it; but I don't love it. I wish to God; SOMEBODY from that show would come on to this site or a similar site and read these comments. They need to take notes from their fans!! AMC bragged about how FTWD would show the beginning of the apocalypse and the fall of society. It never really showed too much of that. I had hoped they would have shown a number of flashbacks in season two to make up for that however that seems less and less likely. Also, this tease of bringing a character from the "Flight" story onto the show. What the hell was that? Cut her loose?? They had better bring that bad-assed little Asian woman back to the show. This show needs a character like Alex. Also have to agree with earlier statements about there being such hard core, hateful people out there, this early in the apocalypse. Seriously!! Where are they getting these writers?? The Good Wife?? Hire some writers who know their shit about zombies and the apocalypse.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, if the 462 survivor lady doesn't come back at all, then that's a wasted opportunity right there.

As for a FTWD cast member turning up on TWD? Did they ever actually confirm that? I think it was asked of them and they just didn't deny or confirm it. There's a possibility there, I suppose, but whether it actually happens is another thing. It could present various production problems. Now, if FTWD was to be cancelled (unlikely at this point) then it'd make sense to bring one or two of the surviving characters into TWD land somehow ... but whether it'd be realistic to make such a long journey cross-country in the zombie apocalypse unscathed? That's another thing...