Thread: What's your workout?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

What's your workout?

So what do you people do to work out or excercise - if at all?

I usually lift weights and do simple jogging.
    I'm a bit of a freak myself, bordering on addiction at times, but I'm also wholly aware that whenever I take a break for a few days and come back to it my performance is always, always better...

Summer has hit us here in Sweden pretty hard now and I just found out we have an outdoor gym just around the corner from my flat, so that's where I go now instead of being locked up in a gym with roid raging behemoths...

Administrator

England
    I sesd to gym/weights... But now, very little... The elliptical trainer doesn't get used enough, so it's mainly walks and badminton each week etc... Not great!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I lift a few weights at the weekend.

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I usually do a mile run on the treadmill, then hit the weights. I try to get some leg work done on a daily basis, along with various stomach exercises. And, although I'm not perfect, I try to eat pretty healthy. A lot of oatmeal and lentils...

United States
    i used to work out like crazy in the military and while in college, but these days i work my ass off at my construction job climbing in and out of holes, trenches, up and down ladders, lifting heavy objects, etc....so needless to say, i've not seen the inside of a fitness center in years.

i must admit, though, that it's quite a good feeling to be a total gym rat and make some serious gains and see results in the mirror. kinda miss those days, maybe someday i'll get back into it.

United States
    My own exercise plan is closer to Shootem's. Tho I should probably start something soon. My good cholesterol is way low and my waistline is way big.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    I weight train twice a week, full body sessions and train to failure on each muscle group. Usually do a 2 mile run once a week and on a weekend I'll put a reasonable amount of weight in my backpack and go for a 6 - 8 mile hike at a reasonable pace. I'm in the British Army as well so I get a fair bit of exercise through them too. I'm 34 now and in the best shape I've ever been in!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I weight train twice a week, full body sessions and train to failure on each muscle group. Usually do a 2 mile run once a week and on a weekend I'll put a reasonable amount of weight in my backpack and go for a 6 - 8 mile hike at a reasonable pace. I'm in the British Army as well so I get a fair bit of exercise through them too. I'm 34 now and in the best shape I've ever been in!
    When you train to failure, do you do isolations? I assume no, since you mentioned full-body workout.

I myself do not, although I usually don't go to failure either because I train 4 times a week.